Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:11 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
YouTube is a highly respected resource for medical information and everything else, right?
You forgot to add; "in my expert opinion"

Old 05-25-2021, 05:31 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Here are some responses if asked if you've gotten you vaccine yet.
1. " No, I'm holding out for a cash payment of at least several thousand dollars or a few ounces of gold."
2. "No. I plan on having children in the not too distant future."
3. " The odds of dying from Covid are less than one in 10.000. "
4. " No. Blood clots, strokes and heart attacks don't appeal to me."
5. "I have better antibodies than the vaccine gives you, I had Covid and got over it."
6. " The vaccines won't stop you from getting Covid and might make you actually sicker if you do get it."
7. "Fauci and The CDC won't get them, so why should I?"
8. The CDC and WHO and NIH have been so wrong about everything so far I just don't trust them and their vaccines."
9. " I don't want to be a guinea pig. I'll wait a year or two to see how the experiment turns out."
10. I have my vitamin D, zinc, Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine, so I'm good."
2. There is no evidence that the vaccines have any effect on fertility.
4. COVID-19 causes hundreds of thousands more blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks than have been reported for the vaccines, even if the vaccines were causative for all of the reports (they are not).
5. Infection does not produce a better immune response than the vaccines.
6. The vaccines do prevent infection with the virus and breakthrough infections are milder.
7. Fauci has been vaccinated.
8. Millions of people have already taken the vaccine and been "guinea pigs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Yeah I get this quite a bit.

Not taking no sketchy COVID-19 vaccine, especially with the absurd amount of deaths and adverse reactions to it as documented in VAERS database.
VAERS does not document deaths. It only collects reports.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:22 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Driving a car is more dangerous. Worse yet if a person who is not vaccinated gets infected they could spread the virus and kill someone.
Duh why do you think I don't have my license but I'm not afraid of infections because I only get one type.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
2. There is no evidence that the vaccines have any effect on fertility.
4. COVID-19 causes hundreds of thousands more blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks than have been reported for the vaccines, even if the vaccines were causative for all of the reports (they are not).
5. Infection does not produce a better immune response than the vaccines.
6. The vaccines do prevent infection with the virus and breakthrough infections are milder.
7. Fauci has been vaccinated.
8. Millions of people have already taken the vaccine and been "guinea pigs".

VAERS does not document deaths. It only collects reports.

Article from January 2020 regarding VAERS reports.

Significant Under-Reporting to VAERS

A 2011 report by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Inc. for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) stated that fewer than one percent of all vaccine adverse events are reported to the government: Although 25% of ambulatory patients experience an adverse drug event, less than 0.3% of all adverse drug events and 1-13% of serious events are reported to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Likewise, fewer than 1% of vaccine adverse events are reported. Low reporting rates preclude or slow the identification of “problem” drugs and vaccines that endanger public health. New surveillance methods for drug and vaccine adverse effects are needed.

There have been 8,087 vaccine-related deaths reported to VAERS, but that number likely represents only one percent of the total number of deaths that have actually occurred and the real number may be 808,700 vaccine–related deaths. Similarly, 17,394 reports of permanent disabilities have been reported to VAERS, but that number likely is closer to 1,739,400 vaccine-related disabilities.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:31 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There have been 8,087 vaccine-related deaths reported to VAERS, but that number likely represents only one percent of the total number of deaths that have actually occurred and the real number may be 808,700 vaccine–related deaths. Similarly, 17,394 reports of permanent disabilities have been reported to VAERS, but that number likely is closer to 1,739,400 vaccine-related disabilities.
Nope. Deaths must be reported, and a report is not the same as a confirmed death.

The under reporting is mostly the reactogenic symptoms like sore arms. Most patients and doctors are not going to make the effort to report those because they are trivial and everyone knows they happen.

Also, VAERS is only one part of the vaccine safety surveillance system. There is also the Vaccine Safety Datalink project, the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment Network, and the Vaccine Analytic Unit.

https://vaxopedia.org/2017/08/26/und...ects-to-vaers/

"Still, although reports to VAERS are underreported, they are almost certainly not underreported by as much as some folks believe.

Have you heard the claim that only 1% of serious vaccine reactions are reported to VAERS?

That’s not true.

That claim is based on an old study about drug reactions and was not specific to vaccines.

We also know that underreporting is less common for more severe adverse reactions than for those that are more mild."

http://vaxopedia.org/2016/09/09/vacc...fety-datalink/

http://vaxopedia.org/2016/09/04/clin...-cisa-project/

Old 05-27-2021, 06:11 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nope. Deaths must be reported, and a report is not the same as a confirmed death.

The under reporting is mostly the reactogenic symptoms like sore arms. Most patients and doctors are not going to make the effort to report those because they are trivial and everyone knows they happen.

Also, VAERS is only one part of the vaccine safety surveillance system. There is also the Vaccine Safety Datalink project, the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment Network, and the Vaccine Analytic Unit.

https://vaxopedia.org/2017/08/26/und...ects-to-vaers/

"Still, although reports to VAERS are underreported, they are almost certainly not underreported by as much as some folks believe.

Have you heard the claim that only 1% of serious vaccine reactions are reported to VAERS?

That’s not true.

That claim is based on an old study about drug reactions and was not specific to vaccines.

We also know that underreporting is less common for more severe adverse reactions than for those that are more mild."

http://vaxopedia.org/2016/09/09/vacc...fety-datalink/

http://vaxopedia.org/2016/09/04/clin...-cisa-project/
Prior to this pandemic, many people didn't even know VAERS existed. Even now, some people have no idea what it is, or that you can report something yourself. And if you have a severe reaction, even if you go to a doctor, they might not conclude it was the vaccine, so they won't report it.

I got a flu shot about 10 or so years ago. I was laid up in bed for over a month with various awful symptoms. I'm a very healthy person, and this happened within hours of the flu shot. Yeah, I can hear you know (coincidence....you probably caught another bug blah blah blah). It was the flu shot.

When I told this to the doctor, the flu vaccine wasn't even on her radar of what caused it. She just shrugged, and because I ultimately was okay, missing over a month of daily activities was just something that happened. I've never taken another flu shot. Things like this are not in VAERS because people have no idea to report them. They are not just 'sore arms.' We have no idea how many similar things are out there unreported.

Vaxopedia? It's written by a lobbyist. Cite it if you like, but you spend half your time on here discrediting 'anti-vaxxer' articles even when written by MDs because they are biased, but then you cite a clearly biased source.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:15 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
A lot of blood clots can go undetected for weeks, and only breakoff and enter the blood later, causing all sorts of nasty complications. Making this tricky.

If someone gets vaccinated and 6 weeks down the road dies of a blood clot, could this be from the vaccine? Well, no good way to tell except, if we notice that blood clotting events spiking 6-10 weeks after vaccination in many people.

Interesting enough, a friend, whose director of nursing in a large Michigan hospital, claims to be seeing that.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:42 AM

8,143 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
A lot of blood clots can go undetected for weeks, and only breakoff and enter the blood later, causing all sorts of nasty complications. Making this tricky.

If someone gets vaccinated and 6 weeks down the road dies of a blood clot, could this be from the vaccine? Well, no good way to tell except, if we notice that blood clotting events spiking 6-10 weeks after vaccination in many people.

Interesting enough, a friend, whose director of nursing in a large Michigan hospital, claims to be seeing that.
That's so convincing

Old 05-27-2021, 07:57 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That's so convincing
Ok, so you're not convinced. Big deal.

You got 4 possibilities here, either i'm lying, she's lying, she's mistaken, or she's right.

Now, what motive do I have to lie? And I can assure you, she has no motive to lie either.

It's also basically quietly understood that these vaccines increase risk of blood clotting, but statistical analysis hasn't been done yet to determine how much:

Quote:
‘This makes it very important, with any occurrence of blood clots after COVID-19 vaccination, to look carefully at what type of blood clot has occurred,’ Professor Preiss told newsGP.

‘First, the level of concern would vary strongly with the type of adverse outcome that patients might suffer from the type of blood clot.

Second, statistical data needs to be accumulated and then analysed to show whether specific types of blood clots are found more frequently with vaccinated people than in the general population.’

Overall, Professor Preiss says it ‘seems clear’ that blood clotting issues with any vaccine are very rare.

‘As I understand it there is some evidence that blood clotting may be mildly elevated with either the AstraZeneca or the Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines,’ he said.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...-mrna-vaccines

Interesting, while CDC has reported NO blood clots linked to Pfizer/Moderna, EMA has been reporting blood clots linked to both.

Other countries are less "vaccinate everything that breathes" so it's a little easier to get less biased news from them, then our own CDC which is pushing vaccines on kids.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:33 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
And now there's a report out having recovered from Covid DOES give you lasting immunity, at least on par with the vaccines. Published in Nature from a study done by Washington University, St. Louis Missouri. Yes, you can catch Covid again, although that is rare, but your immune system will make short work of it. So get on the vaccine band wagon and take your chances, you won't be getting any benefit if you've already had Covid. You're basically making your body go through Covid again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies