Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are electric vehicles the wave of the future?
Yes 158 49.69%
No 160 50.31%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 05:57 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
They pay for nothing outside of their own electric bill. It is generous stockholders like yourself that help to pay for EV home charging programs that people like me can enjoy. Thanks again!
DO you really think the Shareholders worry about the anything other than profits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 08:14 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
DO you really think the Shareholders worry about the anything other than profits?
Perhaps this is something to ask as a separate topic?

Old 05-23-2021, 08:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
https://www.engadget.com/ford-f-150-...162653871.html
Ford’s all-electric F-150 Lightning is already a hit. Enthusiasts made almost 45,000 reservations in less than 48 hours, according to CEO Jim Farley. The company officially unveiled the truck on Wednesday, a day after it made a cameo during President Joe Biden's speech at Ford's factory in Dearborn, Michigan.

Hard to find fault with promoting American innovation, with an American made product and company like Ford.

But I'm sure there is a Biden critic out there that will somehow figure out how to blame Biden for something wrong with this whole announcement.

Why do we make everything political? Innovation is good for all of us, especially when we take the lead in that innovation.

I don't know enough about trucks to know how well this idea will take off. Seems Ford is banking on it, so I think if it takes off -- it's a good thing.

For all of us -- not just folks who voted for Biden or who didn't vote for Trump.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Perhaps this is something to ask as a separate topic?
you bragged it up to start..... And I as an Xcel shareholder and Energy system professional for over 30 yrs. am here to tell you that total replacement of oil based transportation would require over 1100 Terawatts of new generation which will not come from the renewable technology of today....

Old 05-23-2021, 08:42 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
you bragged it up to start..... And I as an Xcel shareholder and Energy system professional for over 30 yrs. am here to tell you that total replacement of oil based transportation would require over 1100 Terawatts of new generation which will not come from the renewable technology of today....
Most people don't even know what a TW is... not to mention the average power plant is 600MW. Just the conversion to cars and light trucks will require 4.6 TW. In addition Homeland Security doesn't want large production sites (>2500 MW) since they're more likely to affect the grid if they're sabotaged. This is why I prefer fuel cells.

Critical Infrastructure Design

1TW = 1,000,000 MW
https://www.unitconverters.net/power...o-megawatt.htm

Old 05-23-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
A boomer? Figures.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
A boomer? Figures.
Can't refute the argument so you attack? Typical woke bunny humper

Old 05-23-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
A boomer? Figures.
Ignorant millennium, figures.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Can't refute the argument so you attack? Typical woke bunny humper
You make the infrastructure argument against EVs which is silly zero sum nonsense. If we need more power generation then we will generate more. EVs will become more energy efficient over time. Technology improves over time.

You are a stock investor so I assume you understand a corporation’s mindset. If an electric company like Xcel Energy sees that EV adoption is increasing demand for electricity it will cause the executive board and its shareholders to salivate like Pavlov’s dogs. It increases the market size. More electricity demand means more $$$.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
You make the infrastructure argument against EVs which is silly zero sum nonsense. If we need more power generation then we will generate more. EVs will become more energy efficient over time. Technology improves over time.

You are a stock investor so I assume you understand a corporation’s mindset. If an electric company like Xcel Energy sees that EV adoption is increasing demand for electricity it will cause the executive board and its shareholders to salivate like Pavlov’s dogs. It increases the market size. More electricity demand means more $$$.
Silly answer... do you know how long it takes to permit a power plant? 4-7 years depending on the state and public opinions.

EV's are already at 90% efficient. The battery technology is still lacking.

Why do power companies pay incentives for increasing the efficiency of your home? or business? because generation is a large capital investment which can lose money and have done so. You do know Pacific Gas & Electric went into chapter 11 ... right?

You clearly know zero about the electric utility business model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies