Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 04:50 AM

1,745 posts, read 879,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzymanJones View Post
What an amazing kid. Repeating what his parents told him to say...

I thought the same thing too when I first saw the video yesterday. Then I watched him being interviewed live on Tucker Carlson last night and he nailed it there too. I'm going to give him the credit for doing this one on his own. He has a bright future ahead of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 05:10 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Mask outside????

Old 05-19-2021, 05:27 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I think his parents are Republicans...
For many reasons relating to his personal presentation as well as what he said, I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Old 05-19-2021, 05:55 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
I know someone who is TA in a kindergarten classroom. The kids eat their lunches at their desks in plexiglass bubbles, allowed to remove their masks to eat, but not to talk to other kids. She spends a lot of time telling 5 year olds to not behave like normal humans.

We've normalized obsessive compulsive ritualistic behavior, anti-social behavior, paranoia, and mindless rule-following for an entire year for these poor kids. Not to mention the health problems kids complain about like headaches, difficulty breathing, and anxiety.

No one needs to ask permission to get rid of the masks. Parents just need to grow a spine and put an end to it.

And before someone chimes in with 'masks work'---the kids are wearing cloth masks. Damp, filthy cloth masks with gaps on the sides. Those don't 'work.'

Old 05-19-2021, 05:56 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
I thought the same thing too when I first saw the video yesterday. Then I watched him being interviewed live on Tucker Carlson last night and he nailed it there too. I'm going to give him the credit for doing this one on his own. He has a bright future ahead of him.
Here is the video; which begins with the interview. He got off to a little bit of a rough start (understandably!), but then he warmed up to his subject. Yes, bright kid -- and one who actually listens to his parents, I think. His dad shares the same opinions -- and although I am fairly sure that his parent(s) might have put the little boy, John, up to it, he certainly is intelligent enough to state his opinions in a mature manner with a good vocabulary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVHAj4zUx4

Old 05-19-2021, 05:57 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I did listen to his rant on hypocrisy. Which is the surface argument. He has little grasp on how a virus works or how HE can be the source of a problem or be part of a solution. Right now he is being a source of the problem.
I think you have little grasp since it’s been proven that kids his age are not big spreaders of this virus. That has been repeated ad nauseam even by scientists at the CDC.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:51 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Response: Opinion

Giving a child a podium in the classroom to speak
under the guidance of teachers helps refine the child.
It is part of nurturing under the educational systems
rules of law.

When the child comes home under the guidance of parents
he is to be seen and not heard which instills family values.
It is part of parental nurturing and the family's rule of law.

Old 05-19-2021, 12:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
His statements are on his day to day reality in school. Something he can speak to.

Greta is talking about climate change, like she's an expert or something. I think there is a difference.
An adult no doubt wrote that speech. An adult understands it better and can communicate the thought process and the problem much better. The adults do understand the situation and do not need any info from the child. It was a grandstanding move imo.

Old 05-19-2021, 12:53 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
An adult no doubt wrote that speech. An adult understands it better and can communicate the thought process and the problem much better. The adults do understand the situation and do not need any info from the child. It was a grandstanding move imo.
He had examples from his day to day life in there. Did the adults polish it up and make it more eloquent? Maybe. But it was interesting hearing his experiences. I did not know it was that bad.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Oh my stars, condescending much? He obviously is ver bright and has good communication skills, maybe he enjoys reading instead of playing video games. He was obviously writing from his experience of wearing masks at school and yes I can see kids questioning why they have to wear masks and teachers not wearing them always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies