Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 02:09 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlabborGlaw View Post
Because he's just parroting his parent's propaganda...
You don't know that do you. Seems to me he brought up personal experiences and thoughts. Maybe his parents just actually listen to him and support him. I dont understand how you see a kid explaining his personal concerns is propaganda.
Have you spoken with any students about their thoughts on mandated masks in school.
I know there have been complaints in our school district by students and a survey was actually sent out to parent asking their input on mandatory masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 02:14 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Ya, and they understand that they don't want to bring anything home and get their elders sick. Especially my cousin who's father died from covid at just 40(and an active person).
Oh good grief?
As the boy said, where's the science.
And you seem to let the hypocrisy escape you.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:23 PM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
"It seems unfair and doesn't make sense."

That right there says it all.

This kid is going places - and I have hope for America's future.

Good to see he got interviewed by Tucker Carlson - his message is getting out and will be heard by millions.

Unmask the children - now!

Old 05-19-2021, 02:29 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Because he's just parroting his parent's propaganda...
What recently recycled banned poster are you. Switch IP's try again... oh boy.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:34 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
I LOVE that little boy! So much wisdom inside that little guy, he is going to go far in life.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:42 PM

3,267 posts, read 1,747,333 times
I don't care who wrote it. The kid nailed it. Bravo !
In a couple of years he'll be running the place.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:45 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,746 times
Ten year old John is articulate, reasoned, intelligent - and one kid that gives me hope that our future, with kids like him at the helm one day, will be in good hands.
I don't care if his parents wrote the speech for him. I'm sure they did it with his input; he's the one masked up in school. The fact that he had the bravery to speak at the meeting is quite impressive. No yelling; just reasoned thought expressed reasonably. We adults could learn a lot from him.
He stated, on at least two occasions, references to being scared. Therein lies the crux of this. Instill a sense of fear, and control is accomplished. Not good.
Moreover, it has been proven that the probability and incidents of a child contracting covid, much less dying of it, are very rare among the population.
This masking of kids is cruel and a dangerous indoctrination tool.
It's up to the parents to push back on their local school boards and make this stop, or, in the alternative, to place their children in an alternative educational forum, such as private schools.
Enough is enough.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:51 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
While he has some points for sure, he’s just a little trained pawn of his anti mask parents.

He will clearly never become a surgeon, or a dentist, etc if he’s such a little mask wimp. Anti mask parents are raising huge whiners.

But my kids do get mask breaks, they don’t wear them outdoors, and their teachers don’t take theirs off like hypocrites. So, some points for sure.
Are you a surgeon? Are you a dentist? Do your kids go to the same school as your kids? He was talking about his experience and he has a right to his opinions, so what that his parents question he masks? I could claim your raising your kids in fear. No, I’m not saying that you are, all parents raise their kids the way they feel best, we pass on our values and experience about life. Not all of us agree and questioned why’s and that’s ok.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:09 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
While he has some points for sure, he’s just a little trained pawn of his anti mask parents.

He will clearly never become a surgeon, or a dentist, etc if he’s such a little mask wimp. Anti mask parents are raising huge whiners.

But my kids do get mask breaks, they don’t wear them outdoors, and their teachers don’t take theirs off like hypocrites. So, some points for sure.
Prior to Covid19, surgeons and dentists just wore masks when they were doing a procedure on you. Usually no more than 30minutes - 1 hour max.

7-8 hours? No.

One of my good friends is a dentist, she was complaining about having to wear a mask throughout her workday due to Covid.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:24 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Ah yes because the year is 1993 and a surgeon or dentist is the only and is the gold standard of career moves which is easily identifiable at age 10.

Well I guess he will have to learn a trade then. I shudder at the thought of anything less than ivy League
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies