Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 02:13 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
  1. Afghanistan ($4.89 billion)
  2. Israel ($3.3 billion)
  3. Jordan ($1.72 billion)
  4. Egypt ($1.46 billion)

How much of that "aid" to Afghanistan is to build infrastructure for our military and oil companies to use? -- i.e., for our benefit.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Yeah, and Israel has a higher GDP per capita than the other three countries COMBINED:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...he_Middle_East

When America began its modern economic (i.e., non-military) aid program in the early 1960s, it was intended only for developing Third World countries. But once again, Israel is the exception -- the only rich, First World nation that receives U.S. economic aid.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
A big disadvantage for Israel and supporters of Israel, Jewish or not, is how easy it is to find Jews and Jewish organizations to recite how damnable Israel is. You'll rarely, if ever, find a Muslim or palestinian individual or group who'll have any part in saying there's even a teeny-weeny bit of right in anything Israel's ever done.

Not so rare. For years now, (mostly Neocon) websites and publishers have promoted a stream of Muslim writers who condemn radical Islam for its suppression of feminism, LGBT people, and Israel. Not hard to find.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, it’s quite sad. I’ve heard it said that Jews are the only group to vote against their own self-interests.

No. It's whites, more than any other group, who vote and speak against their self-interests.

I often hear Jews (and blacks, Latinos, etc.) saying how proud they are of their people, their race, their heritage. And politicians, celebrities, etc. line up to celebrate them.

By contrast, whites are daily pressured to apologize for their "white privilege."

Imagine if all instances of the phrase "white privilege" -- in print and media -- were replaced with the phrase "Jewish privilege." Then you'd know what it really feels like to be the daily target of hate.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:53 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
The money given to Egypt is for Israel's benefit. It's a bribe to the Egyptians to make peace with Israel.

Actually, not so much.

It's true that every other nation must spend its U.S. military aid on U.S. companies. But Israel is the exception. Its lobby is so powerful, it demanded, and got, an okay from Congress, allowing Israel to spend much of its money on its own Israeli military companies.
The richest country as well. The people have better access to healthcare and education than most Americans. But we are expected to serve their interest first.

Reminds me how neocons were upset that America arrested Israeli spies for spying on America. In fact we mostly let them get away with it for some reason and even apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You know why. It's the same reason both parties acted like a bunch of pathetic sycophants when Benjamin Netanyahu spoke in Congress several years back. They have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRf1cdw4IAY
It's pathetic how Americans grovel at the feet of Israel.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
No. It's whites, more than any other group, who vote and speak against their self-interests.

I often hear Jews (and blacks, Latinos, etc.) saying how proud they are of their people, their race, their heritage. And politicians, celebrities, etc. line up to celebrate them.

By contrast, whites are daily pressured to apologize for their "white privilege."

Imagine if all instances of the phrase "white privilege" -- in print and media -- were replaced with the phrase "Jewish privilege." Then you'd know what it really feels like to be the daily target of hate.
Oh, yeah....as a Jew, I have no idea what it feels like to be the daily target of hate. And in case you don’t realize it, I’m white too. So I’m getting it from both angles - all the anti-white wokeness going on, and the acceptance of antisemitism among Democrats, where I’m condemned for supporting Israel.

I find it very odd that a white non-Jew is lecturing a Jew on what it feels like to be hated. Have you read some of the venom on this forum?

Old 05-19-2021, 03:01 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,406,632 times
If no one would attack Israel, Israel would not attack back, plain and simple.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:02 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If no one would attack Israel, Israel would not attack back, plain and simple.
They would just continue to steal land.

Their mandate will lead them to Jordan according to the Likud party. And they fund jihadist who kill Americans.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:03 PM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Anyways when you have nothing substantive to say that is where we end up. Israel steals land and uses this as an excuse to bomb Palestinians.

They use the US government and then assassinate our active duty military troops.
Again Israel vacated Gaza in 2005. Hamas decided to launch rockets at Israel and Israel responded as would any other nation that was attacked in such a fashion.

Israel does NOT purposely assassinate active duty US military troops. The one case where that happened (decades ago) was a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

I guess the other side of the question is - what are we getting out of this "partnership"? Through 2014 we've provided $118,247,570,000 in support to Israel.
Here is a list of Israel's contributions to the world (which includes the USA):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_discoveries

Old 05-19-2021, 04:36 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
The creation of Israel in 1948 displaced a lot of the indigenous population and gave it to jews who have no genetic relation to the jews that lived there 2000 years ago. I'm not big pro or anti-israel at this point but it is fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.