Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 10:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think so. He's too pro Trump.
Yeah, but it's hard to think of Republicans who aren't pro Trump other than Mrs. Cheney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 10:33 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup. The Republican base has become fairly radicalized by Trump. Ironically I think this is what will cost them elections over and over. Republicans are only 25% of the vote. 50% is independent. If your political party focuses on the 25% they have as a base, they wont win elections.

I really am beginning to think Trump may destroy the GOP. Kinda impressive.
You might have said the same things about Perot and the Reform Party movement in 1993 or the Tea Party movement in 2009.

Democrats win the trifecta every 14-16 years and then get annihilated.

Do you seriously expect history to not repeat itself this time?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Extreme and utter ridiculousness is thinking that he could end up in prison. Any predictions on a time frame for that? Another 4+ years?
sooo...are you 100% sure Trump has not committed crimes? Or is it that you just feel he should be immune?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:35 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, but it's hard to think of Republicans who aren't pro Trump other than Mrs. Cheney.
It's sad that moderates will never win again in the republican party unless the party is split. All previous presidents would be called rinos now.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:37 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
sooo...are you 100% sure Trump has not committed crimes? Or is it that you just feel he should be immune?
I’m 100% sure if he committed crimes that the 4+ year Dem goosechase and $40m spent trying to find something on him would’ve turned up something....but as we know, he’s galavanting around still living in y’all’s heads.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Extreme and utter ridiculousness is thinking that he could end up in prison. Any predictions on a time frame for that? Another 4+ years?
Yeah, since it seems Trump's business is in trouble over crime, not Trump himself. So no need to make predictions.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:39 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, since it seems Trump's business is in trouble over crime, not Trump himself. So no need to make predictions.
Lol at “it seems”. It’s right up their with “ifs” on the Dems favorite words for guilty.

No surprise on not making any predictions. It’s all wishful thinking and hope.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You might have said the same things about Perot and the Reform Party movement in 1993 or the Tea Party movement in 2009.

Democrats win the trifecta every 14-16 years and then get annihilated.

Do you seriously expect history to not repeat itself this time?
The Tea party argument works a little, but not the other ones really. We've never seen anything quite like this. I think the closest historically was Reagan, but honestly? Trumps no Reagan. And what youre discussing really is the normal pendulum of change. Whats occurred is a bit outside of those. Trumps non stop "they stole the election from me!" nonsense? Its not a win with folks.

Dont get me wrong, I think your argument about history is pretty good. But I dont think this is quite the same as in the past, we've never seen anyone do what Trumps been doing here in the US.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:

I have no idea whether or not Trump has committed crimes, but for all the investigating of the person, Trump, that has gone on since his entry into the political fray, that he isn't in prison now essentially answers your question.

If I had to guess, they'll go after his children next.

If and when he promises to not run again, the "investigations" will cease.

Make no mistake, we are now a banana republic.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I’m 100% sure if he committed crimes that the 4+ year Dem goosechase and $40m spent trying to find something on him would’ve turned up something....but as we know, he’s galavanting around still living in y’all’s heads.
Dude. They couldn't even manage to look at his taxes for 4 years despite there being laws that LITERALLY instruct the government to hand them over. During the Mueller investigation? His finances and actions before running were off limits. And anyone investigating anything? Blocked by the sheer fact that Trump was president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies