Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 10:07 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If I don't think my passengers are being honest with me before getting in my little plane, I get out the scale. Yes, I ask them to give their weight including any bags to me on a slip of paper prior to the flight. It's not just the women that lie. Guys give me their weight from twenty years ago too. No, over Gross does not work, especially in Colorado.
Good for you. If I were a pilot, I’d weigh all passengers who boarded my plane... 95 lb waifs and 300+ pound gorillas. No exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 10:13 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
see im kind of torn here. it suck if you are overweight with a medical condition that prevents you from not being overweight.

but there is also overweight because you have a personal condition that excuses your bad behavior that causes you to be over weight. choices have consequences.

I weigh what I weigh because of freaking effort on my part. being healthy is both painful and time consuming. It suck to have to pay more for something because I am shouldering the bill for others who aren't doing the work I am doing.

its complicated but honestly most people who would be mad about this eat insanely, consider getting off the couch to get another beer a workout and generally complain about feeling tired....

i seriously dont mean to be unkind to people who are really dealing with medical issues beyond their control.... I do think those that just dont want to put in the work are in a different catagory.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:16 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
I've been on a few small planes in both Hawai'i and Alaska and I had to hop onto the scale and this was over 10 years ago, no big deal, I'm proud of my weight and svelte build.

Thin will ALWAYS be in!

Old 05-19-2021, 10:27 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Has any SJW's whined about this yet?

https://www.wbtw.com/news/national/u...e-at-the-gate/

I would have assumed they had a scale built into the scanner platform already and weighing people without even telling them....

Old 05-19-2021, 10:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Has any SJW's whined about this yet?

https://www.wbtw.com/news/national/u...e-at-the-gate/
Someone speculates nonsense in a blog and it becomes national news.

Airlines may have to weigh passengers. | WJAR

Old 05-19-2021, 10:29 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,856 times
There should be a huge display so everyone within sight can see the weight of each passenger being weighed.
If you don't want to be embarrassed, put the fork down and get on a treadmill!

Old 05-19-2021, 10:32 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And a free colonoscopy at the gate as well.

Screw 'em. I haven't been on an airliner since 2000, I believe. The last time was before the SS took over at the boarding gates.
They should also inspect everyone's urethral opening in case anyone has an STD. Have to keep everyone safe at all costs.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:38 AM

6,968 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I see some retailers still charge an extra dollar or two over the cost of a regular sized piece of clothing for Plus sizes.
Plus sizes are a "specialty item" and thus deserve to be charged a higher price.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:12 PM

235 posts, read 247,716 times
In 1935, Mom and Dad honeymoon (first part) was overnight boat from Manhattan to Boston. After a little bit of sightseeing, they boarded a flight at some airport, maybe Logan, to get home. All passengers had to be weighed. Mom was in bridal white. Neither had flown before. In jest, the official said Mom and Dad would have to sit on opposite sides. Only a jest.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:23 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If airlines are gonna check for PCR tests, and maybe vaccine cards, why not your weight?

And they really should require large people to buy an extra seat when in economy.
Agree with this. It isn’t fair to others who have paid for their (whole) seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies