Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 05:58 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I doubt whoever took it to the court had standing.
Funny, the state that had no standing in contesting the 2020 election in some states came up with a law where everyone in Texas has standing. I would expect this is going to be one mess for the courts but they don't seem to care, but it will have a chilling effect on abortions and that is there desired outcome. People are right when they say RvW will not be overturned, they will instead come up with these clever laws that essentially accomplish the same.

Thank the lord for those conservative justices. I hope Texas is ramping up that stellar Foster Care system if those 55,000 abortions get cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 06:12 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There are Texas woman standing beside the man in the legislature and voting for this. They understand that freedom of a child to be born is the ultimate and pre-eminent freedom.

But that aside, this law will prove counterproductive.
That's what I find hard to understand. Women voting for other women not to be able to make a decision about an unwanted pregnancy which is a result of rape or incest. And then, criminalizing anyone who helps in any way!! Talk about impinging freedom!! And yet, the same people will go on and on about guns and rights while people get shot to death- both accidentally and deliberately.

This comment dates from the women's movement and I believe it deserves to be repeated:

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:16 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Funny, the state that had no standing in contesting the 2020 election in some states came up with a law where everyone in Texas has standing. I would expect this is going to be one mess for the courts but they don't seem to care, but it will have a chilling effect on abortions and that is there desired outcome. People are right when they say RvW will not be overturned, they will instead come up with these clever laws that essentially accomplish the same.

Thank the lord for those conservative justices. I hope Texas is ramping up that stellar Foster Care system if those 55,000 abortions get cancelled.
Nope. Because while the unborn are (politically) important to them, the born are admonished to pull themselves up by their bootie straps and take some personal responsibility.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:20 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Oh look! The Taliban have infiltrated the US!

Oops no… just the GOP…

Guess not that surprised….

"The Taliban have infiltrated the US!"

Thanks to BIDEN!!!!!

Old 09-02-2021, 06:24 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Oh look! The Taliban have infiltrated the US!

Oops no… just the GOP…

Guess not that surprised….
Liberals are comparing American citizens who disagree with them on abortion to Islamic terrorists who torture and behead innocent people.

This is where the country now stands: a certain faction of Americans have such venom toward those with different opinions that they consider them equivalent to terrorists. We only have to look to history to see what happens when one group of people vilifies another group of people to this extent.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:27 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. Because while the unborn are (politically) important to them, the born are admonished to pull themselves up by their bootie straps and take some personal responsibility.
Liberals are saying that the Americans whom Biden stranded behind enemy lines should have taken responsibility for themselves. So do you believe in personal responsibility or not? If so, then all these single women having baby after baby they can't support should take responsibility for their actions (i.e., birth control).

Old 09-02-2021, 06:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Instead of having the government enforce the law, the bill instead turns the reins over to private citizens — who are newly empowered to sue abortion providers or anyone who helps someone get an abortion after a fetal heartbeat has been detected. The person would not have to be connected to someone who had an abortion or to a provider to sue.

I always thought in order to file suit one needed to have some involvement. That someone can now sue over someone else's medical decision seems to negate that.

What next? The ability to sue fast food places for serving unhealthy food?

Old 09-02-2021, 06:38 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Liberals are saying that the Americans whom Biden stranded behind enemy lines should have taken responsibility for themselves. So do you believe in personal responsibility or not? If so, then all these single women having baby after baby they can't support should take responsibility for their actions (i.e., birth control).

NONE of which is 100% effective! And this inane law makes NO provision for cases involving rape and/or incest. Are you suggesting women are responsible for being raped and bearing an unwanted child is the penalty they must pay?

Conservatives may claim they favor less government in our lives but are shameless in passing laws that seek to control our lives when it suits their agenda. What hypocrisy!

Old 09-02-2021, 06:46 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Funny, the state that had no standing in contesting the 2020 election in some states came up with a law where everyone in Texas has standing.
Incorrect. That's why the Court didn't intervene: lack of standing.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:46 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
My comment was directed to the children born because Texass denies choice. Those children will NOT and have never received adequate support from Texass social services. If they go hungry, it’s their own darn fault and they just need to pull themselves up their bootie straps and take personal responsibility for their hunger. /sarcasm

Texass pats itself on the back for “saving” them, but their largess ends at the birth canal. In other words, they’re happy to force a woman to carry a child for 9 months and then upon birth Texass refuses to carry them for a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies