Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 04:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It doesn't ban them. It provides a means for redress for the wrongful death of a fetus.
Who needs redressed other than the father who may think so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 04:48 PM

57,058 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
The law already prohibits killing a fetus: fetal homicide laws. Those who kill a pregnant woman and her fetus are charged with two separate murders.
RvW already protects the right to abort in the first and second trimester although with some restrictions, this law went to 6 weeks which upsets precedent. You are all over the place arguing the fetus and when life begins. None of that has a thing to do with to do with anything other the precedent set by RvW and the process of using bounty hunters to enforce the law.

I don't see how anyone can rationalize this ridiculous law, but here we have SCOTUS taking a pass. Texas regularly trying to sink to new lows.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:50 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Yes, that has me curious Not all pregnancies result in a baby. Happen to us twice.

What happens to the mom then?

Anybody who knew the family was expecting can go after them for 10K.
What an opening for scammers and tattletale gossipers. How stupid can they get? How low can they sink in order to punish women! Go away, Texas. Start your own authoritarian religious country and leave us out!

Old 09-03-2021, 04:53 PM

57,058 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Now that they have taken "my body my choice" away from those who don't want the vaccine.

This law makes me laugh.

I am now fully in support of it.. and I definitely will be "pro life" from now on.

I hope all red states enact something similar.
People that don't want to take the vaccine are not being forced, they have a choice. Women in Texas no longer have a choice, do you notice the difference.

Yes you are pro life from now on. LOL.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:57 PM

88,770 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Who needs redressed other than the father who may think so?
Grandparents, other family members, etc. For those who are closer to their friends than their family, that would include their friends. And those who believe abortion is morally unacceptable (as most Americans do, per Gallup in 2020) as it is the deliberate killing of a human life.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Requiring? That's not possible. Miscarriages, etc.

More to the point, fetal homicide laws are unconstitutional if some people can kill a fetus but others can't. You can't have it both ways. Equal Protection Clause. Either anyone can intentionally kill a fetus or no one can. Which way are you gonna go?
So do you want a law passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth or not? A miscarriage would not count as murder if the woman could prove that was why it happened. Neither would it count if another person caused the miscarriage. That person would be charged with murder.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
RvW already protects the right to abort in the first and second trimester although with some restrictions, this law went to 6 weeks which upsets precedent. You are all over the place arguing the fetus and when life begins. None of that has a thing to do with to do with anything other the precedent set by RvW and the process of using bounty hunters to enforce the law.

I don't see how anyone can rationalize this ridiculous law, but here we have SCOTUS taking a pass. Texas regularly trying to sink to new lows.
If Republicans, who support such ridiculous laws, could be voted out of office, we could have some sensible laws regulating abortion, while making it cease as a constant major political issue. I think most people could live with Ireland's abortion laws with allow abortions on demand up to the 12th week.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Grandparents, other family members, etc. For those who are closer to their friends than their family, that would include their friends. And those who believe abortion is morally unacceptable (as most Americans do, per Gallup in 2020) as it is the deliberate killing of a human life.
Oh, so women should gladly welcome other family members, friends and others to help decide or even dictate to them when to start a family or add to it? Sounds more like the custom in some foreign countries and likely where ALL abortion is banned.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:14 PM

88,770 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
RvW already protects the right to abort in the first and second trimester although with some restrictions, this law went to 6 weeks which upsets precedent.
You are wrong. Read Roe v. Wade, not the misinterpretations of it. Roe et al argued that the law (at that time) was unconstitutional because it violated the 4th Amendment guarantee to the right of privacy, to include that of health status and records, including the doctor-patient relationship. That is on which SCOTUS ruled.

Quote:
Again, read the SCOTUS release. SCOTUS took a pass because whoever brought the case to the Court did not have standing.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:16 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yet, surely you would be overjoyed, rather than startled, if a state law was passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth. Women violating the law would be charged with murder.
Why would you make such an untrue, idiotic statement on my behalf when it is completely contrary to everything I have said in this thread?

Shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies