Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 12:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals: “Everyone needs a vaccine, it’s not your body or your choice.”

Also liberals: “Why are we banning abortion, my body my choice!”

Which one is it? Either you support big government legislating people’s bodies or you don’t.
They want it both ways, naturally!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 12:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:

Which one is it? Either you support big government legislating people’s bodies or you don’t.
It makes no difference if liberal or conservative. The supreme court has supported the right of the government to require vaccines.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:51 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:

Is pregnancy contagious?

Old 09-04-2021, 05:55 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Well this worked out really well, I guess poor minority women are the target for this bill, they are the ones that Texas wants to carry full term.

Quote:
Texas’ near-total ban on abortions is sending patients out of state for the procedure. Advocates say many immigrants and women of color can’t leave, and that’s increasing the inequities their communities suffer.

Two days after Texas’ new abortion restrictions went into effect, women’s health clinics in surrounding states were already juggling clogged phone lines and an increasing load of appointment requests from Texans.

At a clinic in Albuquerque, New Mexico, an abortion provider said that on Tuesday, the day before the law’s enactment, every patient who had made an appointment online was from its neighbor state to the east. By Thursday, all of New Mexico’s abortion clinics were reportedly booked up for weeks, and a Dallas center had dispatched dozens of employees to help the much less populated state’s overtaxed system.

But for every Texan who is able to leave town to elude the new law, there are more who can’t.

“That’s the people that have a working car, that can get time off, who have somebody who can take care of their kids,” said Vicki Cowart, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which covers New Mexico, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada. “There are going to be thousands of individuals who don’t have that wherewithal, and it’s really particularly going to impact women of color, young women, rural women.”
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09...ople-of-color/

Old 09-04-2021, 05:56 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No it isn’t. A woman has the right to privacy how she lives her life is her business. How she controls her reproduction is not comparable to, an attempted murder or murder, of a pregnant woman and her child dies. That is fetal homicide.
Yes, it is. The intentional killing of a fetus is already codified as fetal homicide, is illegal, and is prosecuted as a murder charge regardless of whether the mother is killed or not.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:57 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

Did Texas pass a law requiring everyone to get a vaccine or be fined $10,000 by a bounty hunter.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It’s completely different. Wrongful death plaintiffs have standing. That is to say they have skin in the game. They are often the parents or the heirs of the deceased, and the defendant has some recourse to counter sue. And the court has the option in an unfounded case to make the plaintiff pay court costs. None of these balances are at work here.
I disagree.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you really do want all abortions banned? No exceptions, no regulations?
I want the US Constitution to apply. Either anyone can kill a fetus or no one can. If abortion is legal, there should be no fetal homicide laws. 14th Amendment Equal Protection Clause. You can't have it both ways.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Claiming that this was just a about right to privacy is overly simplistic since that was just just one step of the government in their intervention. There is much more to the case than just personal privacy which was one aspect, the main point being that they could prevent a woman from having an abortion.
By invading her privacy and violating her 4th Amendment Rights outside of discovery.

The entire Roe v. Wade case and ruling hinges on the 4th Amendment Right to the privacy of one's health status and records and the confidentiality of the doctor-patient relationship.

If no one other than the woman knows she is pregnant and has sought and had an abortion, how would anyone know to prosecute, or in the TX law's case, sue the provider or those who assisted in civil court?

Old 09-04-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No, they no longer have a choice, this is quite different.
Abortion is still legal in TX. It is not banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies