Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 10:34 AM

36,217 posts, read 30,664,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where does the WOMAN'S responsibility lie?

In using BC? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job.

In communicating her feelings on abortion/children before sex? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job is to let her do whatever she wants. His opinion does not matter.

In supporting the child when born? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job.

So tell me, where does the woman's responsibility lie? She seems really helpless in your scenario. Can't do a THING without the man, except kill the baby.
I think you clearly know what responsibilities women have and what responsibilities men have and no those things are not what has been communicated on this thread but you refuse to hear it instead repeating the same misinformation over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 10:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,900,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think you clearly know what responsibilities women have and what responsibilities men have and no those things are not what has been communicated on this thread but you refuse to hear it instead repeating the same misinformation over and over.
Please show me by post numbers where it was stated:

Since women get pregnant, they should be responsible for BC. It's not up to the man to decide to use BC.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 AM

35,521 posts, read 17,814,505 times
Quote:
please show me by post numbers where it was stated:

Since women get pregnant, they should be responsible for bc. It's not up to the man to decide to use bc.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:48 AM

5,192 posts, read 4,648,878 times
Quote:
And every response comes back .. why should the woman be responsible? It takes 2 to tango.

Every. Single. Response.

None of you will say: The woman is the one who GETS PREGNANT so she should be EXTRA CAREFUL.

Nope. None of you. Why? You are full-blown GET THAT ABORTION!!! GO FOR IT.

But GET THAT BC!! GO FOR IT!!! PROTECT YOURSELF!!! Nope. Never.

It's like you want them to get pregnant so they can get abortions. Seriously. GO reread your posts. Every excuse possible so she can get an abortion.

But not one statement that if she had been responsible for herself, it wouldn't be an issue. Because BC is the man's responsibility.

Cognitive Dissonance at its finest in every abortion thread.

Woman bears ZERO responsibility.
Well if your religion is to be believed, women will probably go to hell for getting abortions. So that sounds like a lot of responsibility.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In that case, the tax payer is on the hook, which isn't right either.

How about in the case of a man who has several women suing for child support, all proven by DNA, should he also not have to shell out support, and should be able to continue fathering babies he's not supporting?

There are LOTS of women who forego child support, because they don't want that guy around and they manage to financially support their child alone, but for those who can't, I don't see a better resource of $ than the father himself.
Personally, I dont think the tax payer should be on the hook. I dont think anyone should bring kids into the world they cant afford. I think the mother who decided to continue the pregnancy (granted she had access to affordable, legal and unrestricted abortion within the limits of RvW) should be responsible for supporting her child if she decides to keep it knowing there is no commitment, legal or otherwise from the father.
And no one should continue to have kids they cant support.

It is a conundrum. Thus far our system for ensuring for the care and support of children is a joke. You cant force people to parent and you cant get blood out of a turnip. So we the people have to step up and care for others.

Perhaps we should go back to either shot gun weddings or adopting out/fostering children born to women who can not directly or indirectly financially raise their children.
Or perhaps focus more on raising kids in a stable environment, giving the guidance and providing everyone with a reproductive education, free and accessible birth control including legal, reasonable abortions.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Well if your religion is to be believed, women will probably go to hell for getting abortions. So that sounds like a lot of responsibility.
Please tell me what religion I believe, as well as which church I go to and how many times a day I pray.

Do you also know who I voted for and where I volunteer? Do tell.

Epic fail.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You believe men should have no say. I believe they should.

You believe that women bear no responsibility in sex, lack of BC, or the aftermath of sex, and that it's all the man's responsibility.

You believe women are helpless and irresponsible and should stay that way so they can get abortions.

Pretty much sums it up.
That is not answering my question and never did I say I believe men should have no say. Why do you do that.
Never did I say women bear no responsibility in sex. Why do you do that.
Never did I day I believe women are helpless and irresponsible. Why do you do that.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Personally, I dont think the tax payer should be on the hook. I dont think anyone should bring kids into the world they cant afford. I think the mother who decided to continue the pregnancy (granted she had access to affordable, legal and unrestricted abortion within the limits of RvW) should be responsible for supporting her child if she decides to keep it knowing there is no commitment, legal or otherwise from the father.
And no one should continue to have kids they cant support.

It is a conundrum. Thus far our system for ensuring for the care and support of children is a joke. You cant force people to parent and you cant get blood out of a turnip. So we the people have to step up and care for others.

Perhaps we should go back to either shot gun weddings or adopting out/fostering children born to women who can not directly or indirectly financially raise their children.
Or perhaps focus more on raising kids in a stable environment, giving the guidance and providing everyone with a reproductive education, free and accessible birth control including legal, reasonable abortions.
Explain to me how any woman does not know what BC is.

It's crap. Absolute and complete BS. Women today know aaaaallllll about BC.

Or are we circling back to the women are idiots argument and don't know that if you don't use BC you get pregnant?

Old 05-21-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
That is not answering my question and never did I say I believe men should have no say. Why do you do that.
Never did I say women bear no responsibility in sex. Why do you do that.
Never did I day I believe women are helpless and irresponsible. Why do you do that.
You have.

Every response is an excuse as to why women must have abortions.

No where have I seen you say:

Women must use BC if they are going to have sex.

Women should never have unprotected if they don't want to get pregnant.

Women should make sure they choose their partners wisely.

Instead its: men need to use BC, it's the man's fault she's pregnant, and she should have sex with whomever she wants

Nothing in your posts indicates you support accountability for women. Even above, you are STILL not holding women accoubata;e.,

If THEY are the ones who get pregnant, why aren't shy accountable for BC????????????

Nope. Crickets. It's the MAN's responsibility.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:05 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
And a woman can keep her legs closed. You agree, right?

Or again, is it only the man's fault?
Sadly it takes 2 to tango and to raise a kid.

But the hanging around part is what's screwed up about our world today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies