Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 11:27 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where does the WOMAN'S responsibility lie?

In using BC? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job.

In communicating her feelings on abortion/children before sex? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job is to let her do whatever she wants. His opinion does not matter.

In supporting the child when born? Nope. I've been told over and over that's the man's job.

So tell me, where does the woman's responsibility lie? She seems really helpless in your scenario. Can't do a THING without the man, except kill the baby.
I’ve suggested everyone of these things in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 11:31 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

Seems fair to all.
Life is not Fair.

You just hope your screw ups don't cost you a lot of money.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I’ve suggested everyone of these things in this thread.
Who is ultimately responsible for BC?

The man or the woman?

Old 05-21-2021, 11:36 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Who is ultimately responsible for BC?

The man or the woman?
Both are responsible for their own reproduction. a committed couple agrees to the methods. I’ve answered this before. Your question why is it mine or your business what type and how people use bc?

Old 05-21-2021, 11:40 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
You have.

Every response is an excuse as to why women must have abortions.

No where have I seen you say:

Women must use BC if they are going to have sex.

Women should never have unprotected if they don't want to get pregnant.

Women should make sure they choose their partners wisely.

Instead its: men need to use BC, it's the man's fault she's pregnant, and she should have sex with whomever she wants

Nothing in your posts indicates you support accountability for women. Even above, you are STILL not holding women accoubata;e.,

If THEY are the ones who get pregnant, why aren't shy accountable for BC????????????

Nope. Crickets. It's the MAN's responsibility.

LOL. So omission of things you want me to say give you the right to make up words and say I said them. LOL LOL LOL.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And that would be doubly especially so if the father is not of their race. Their hypocrisy is disgusting.
I cant say that. I know evangelicals in interracial marriages, and some that have biracial grandchildren. But yes they can be hypocrites.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:47 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Both are responsible for their own reproduction. a committed couple agrees to the methods. I’ve answered this before. Your question why is it mine or your business what type and how people use bc?
So if a woman doesn't use BC, whose fault is it that she gets pregnant (using fault as that is generally how pro abortion side asks this question)?

Is it her fault?

Old 05-21-2021, 11:47 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
So you don't really believe in a woman's right to choose. You only believe in a woman's right to choose within the guidelines and timeframe you find acceptable. That's you putting your morals on another person.
Sure, I’m supporting her right to choose with the bounds of what I find reasonable. And what I find reasonable is to preserve a woman’s right to choose up until the point where a fetus is viable and would most likely live if born at that point. The 6 week cutoff legislated by Texas is far far from that point.

The difference between my opinion and the opinions of abortion opponents is that mine allows for her have a choice to have a child or not assuming she makes the decision with the afore mentioned timeframe. They insist they should get to choose for her and feel perfectly entitled to do so.

I think we can all agree that absolute total freedom to do as we please and a civilized society cannot coexist. Given that, my preference is that we abridge personal freedom as little as is reasonably possible.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:50 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If this is the stance, of course men make their wishes known so what's with the butt hurt over women being able to choose abortion?
I'm not butthurt over abortion. I think abortion should be legal and a woman's choice, up to birth of the child. I made that clear in my opening. My complaint is when men are punished for a woman's decisions.

Quote:
I assume for you it is the state "enforced" child support payments when the father has no desire to have the child.
It's not just that. It's man being dragged to court over and over again by vindictive women. When you're on the hook for child support, it never ends. She files a motion stating you're making more than you're disclosing etc you're back in court, paying for a lawyer and wasting your time. It ruins the relationships you want, because your ex is trying to destroy your life.

And why? Because you did not want her, you slept with her, because you were young and stupid and horny. But otherwise you had no interest in her.

In an era when abortions were illegal - both parties have to be responsible. But now it's different, the pregnancy was a mistake and we can argue until the cow's come home if both bear equal responsibility for it or not.

But today, the pregnancy is not the end of the story. It's more important what is done after. It's her body, and it will be 100% her choice to keep that baby. The man can try to persuade her, but that's it.

When I make a choice, I own my decision. And she has to as well. Owning it means financially.

In most cases, the woman can financially support the child on her own. The money from the father just boosts the living standards. So it's not as if the taxpayer will be on the hook, most of the time.

But in times the taxpayer will be on the hook because she made a choice to bring a child into this world without money, then that's her fault, and 100% her fault. It was an active decision, not a few seconds of miscalculation. It was an active decision over many months.

I do support some recourse from the state for such women. Such as mandated BC or prison if she's on welfare and chooses to have a child anyways.

In a marriage everything is different. Both parties signed a contractual agreement.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:52 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Sure, I’m supporting her right to choose with the bounds of what I find reasonable. And what I find reasonable is to preserve a woman’s right to choose up until the point where a fetus is viable and would most likely live if born at that point. The 6 week cutoff legislated by Texas is far far from that point.

The difference between my opinion and the opinions of abortion opponents is that mine allows for her have a choice to have a child or not assuming she makes the decision with the afore mentioned timeframe. They insist they should get to choose for her and feel perfectly entitled to do so.

I think we can all agree that absolute total freedom to do as we please and a civilized society cannot coexist. Given that, my preference is that we abridge personal freedom as little as is reasonably possible.
So we all, except GoldenPineTree, agree we want to restrict a woman's right to choose. It's just a matter of what and when.

No one here, except GoldenPineTree, really believes in a woman's right to choose. We only believe in a woman's right to do what we say she can do within our own acceptable moral opinion.

We are all, except GoldenPineTree, dictating a woman's rights based on our own moral compass. We are not, except GoldenPineTree, really giving her full control of her own body.

GoldenPineTree is the only one really for a woman's real right to choose. GoldenPineTree is the only one not putting his/her moral opinion on the woman. The rest of us are putting our own moral judgements upon the woman, even ones who claim to be for her right to choose but as we now see really are not for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies