Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 11:26 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Is a baby in the womb alive?

Living or dead?

How to you kill a dead person?
I already got the 3 count on 2mares. She is toast in this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 11:26 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
You agree abortion is the act of killing a baby in his/her mother's womb?

Yes, it is.
No, it isn't.
You don’t answer questions just ask them. I’ll ask again, Are you in favor of forcing women to give birth against their own will?

Old 05-24-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You don’t answer questions just ask them. I’ll ask again, Are you in favor of forcing women to give birth against their own will?
I sure am. Actions should have consequences. Time for women to be held accountable for their actions.

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
As already posted with linked evidence, viable babies are within the allowed abortion timeframe.

You keep failing left and right on the matter. I am starting to feel bad for you in your flailing attempts to try to save face.
I dont care how you feel about me. I'm not trying to saving face.
I agree with RvW. Legal abortions up until the accepted definition of viability. And I've only posted what the law actually is rather than emotion but, what ifs, why donts, so your sayings.

I feel these heartbeat bills trying to be passed by some states are nothing more than political posturing.
I do not wish to see women lose the right to choose abortion but it does not affect my life if a woman aborts or keeps her baby or puts it up for adoption. As I said I am thankful that such legislation has not passed in my state. Both birth rates and abortion rates have been on the decrease for decades so I'm thankful for that as well. Its a good thing.

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Back to the mental health in this country.

The urge to reproduce is in all living things. Including human beings. The ability to differentiate between lust and love is not.

When it was common for people to marry at 16 there was not such a problem. And we are also refining what's a family.

I'm living proof that some men have been abandoning their families for 75 years.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:31 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I already got the 3 count on 2mares. She is toast in this discussion.
Gloat all you want. The law is what the law is. You can keep on repeating a fetus is a person and your killing a baby if you abort but you cant deny that the law says differently. As far as your personal feelings about it yours is no more right or no more wrong than mine. Thats why they are personal feelings and subjective.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Back to the mental health in this country.

The urge to reproduce is in all living things. Including human beings. The ability to differentiate between lust and love is not.

When it was common for people to marry at 16 there was not such a problem. And we are also refining what's a family.

I'm living proof that some men have been abandoning their families for 75 years.
Many women abandon their family as well. They do it by killing their unborn child. The man does not have the option to kill his responsibilities. At least not without going to jail. Women have a get out of jail free card......for now. We are trying to change that. Just like people changed the once acceptable slavery program. Just because things are allowed and approved of does not make them right. History has a way of exposing horrific acceptable norms over time. History will not look kindly upon the mass executions of human life.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Gloat all you want. The law is what the law is. You can keep on repeating a fetus is a person and your killing a baby if you abort but you cant deny that the law says differently. As far as your personal feelings about it yours is no more right or no more wrong than mine. Thats why they are personal feelings and subjective.
The law is what the law is. A woman can legally kill her unborn child, while someone that kills her can be charged for the death of her unborn child.

That's the point of this thread. We are trying to change the abortion laws over time. Over time we will slowly chip away at it like we have been doing. We will make it harder and harder for women to kill their unborn baby girls. I'm very pleased about the work we are doing. We will get there, but it will be slow. We have made progress. We will keep that progress going.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
You agree abortion is the act of killing a baby in his/her mother's womb?

Yes, it is.
No, it isn't.
It’s a clump of cells, nothing more. If I had taken the product of my abortion & presented it on a plate, you would have no idea what you’re looking at. Because it’s a clump of tissue.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:44 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
I sure am. Actions should have consequences. Time for women to be held accountable for their actions.

Women are accountable for every aspect of pregnancy. They have to take time off of work. They have to pay for prenatal care, vitamins, and perhaps a change of diet. They are the only ones physically impacted, including complications with pregnancy and delivery, some of which are life-threatening or life-changing, and post-partum depression. They are the ones who might only have a few weeks of unpaid leave to recover from delivery, including c-sections which can take months to heal from. They are the ones who deal with interruptions to their education and/or work that can impact their ability to support themselves and their child. They are the ones who have to buy new clothes to accommodate their changing body. They are the ones who are at-risk for losing their job if they need to go on bed rest, have complications that keep them out of work for more than the 3 months of unpaid leave FMLA allows (if they qualify for it).

Men don't have to deal with any of that. Child support only starts after birth, and it does not cover the medical needs of the mother as a result of pregnancy and delivery.

According to the US Bureau of Statistics (as reported by VeryWellFamily), the average amount of child support due was $5,760 per year. That's less than $500 per month. Only 60% of that money—an average of $3,447 per year—was actually received. It is typically, but not always, the father paying child support. In my area, that wouldn't even pay for a week of daycare (average around 2K a month per child).

In what world are women not held accountable for their actions? Women hold all the burden of pregnancy and childbirth. Men can get off easily with a nominal monthly payment that they may or may not choose to abide by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies