Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 02:14 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You have no point re your OPINION that 'it doesn't look like a baby so it's OK to kill it' logic.

Because that is what you are trying to say right? Since you think the baby doesn't look like a baby it's OK to kill?

LMK if I've misunderstood. Truly.

Because you have given about 400+ reasons why you think abortion is OK.

I've given the same answer every. single. time. as to why it's not.

Which is true?
Ok well it they both look the same to you, I cant see where your confusion lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
He's not making it up.

You need to assess the full picture of what happens to women, not the PP version. They aren't going to tell you the truth, it would hurt their business.

Guttmacher is an arm of PP, btw. It's not an unbiased source. It helps promote abortion.
If you follow the links they are not PP but reputable sources and even more reputable sources are linked within. That is pretty much assessing the full picture.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
You are avoiding the question because you are now relying on the government to provide your definitions. Stop with the euphemisms and get real.

What do you think the goal of the abortion?

Do you understand that when an abortion is performed, the life developing, the baby, inside the mother is killed?

Or do you think something else happens?
Asked and answered previously. Women know what abortion is and still support it. A fully realized person’s wishes trump that of a fetus in her uterus. It is her choice what she does with her own body. I couldn’t care how she or any other women want to define what abortion is. Abortion terminates a pregnancy. A more accurate description than murder of a baby.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok well it they both look the same to you, I cant see where your confusion lies.
OK, so you are basing your 'OK abortion is good' on what a baby looks like.

Should that be new criteria for abortion?

Is that your point? Why else bring it up?

Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,355 times
At what point after conception is a heart beat?

Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Asked and answered previously. Women know what abortion is and still support it. Abortion terminates a pregnancy.
Actually, no, you haven't answered it.

"Terminates" means "intentionally kill" ... right?

Old 05-24-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
OK, so you are basing your 'OK abortion is good' on what a baby looks like.

Should that be new criteria for abortion?

Is that your point? Why else bring it up?
LOL. Its comical.
Never said abortion is good. I believe it should be kept legal and reasonable.
And yes I believe abortion should be based on fetal development and viability. Its not new criteria, its RvW.
See how I fixed your words there so they dont sound so ridiculous.
Actually I didnt bring it up, just reinforcing the fact that seeing an 8 week aborted fetus on a plate, or napkin, most people would have no idea what it was. Additionally calling it a baby would be a little cray cray.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Actually, no, you haven't answered it.

"Terminates" means "intentionally kill" ... right?
Like a dog with a bone. Why is it important to you I agree with your subjective description of abortion? I don’t view abortion as you do. I support a woman’s choice to know her own mind. I support her view of any of her options. You support two.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Like a dog with a bone. Why is it important to you I agree with your subjective description of abortion? I don’t view abortion as you do. I support a woman’s choice to know her own mind. I support her view of any of her options. You support two.
I am not asking you to change your stance on abortion, I'm asking you to DEFINE IT.

You said in your last post that women know what abortion is and they support it. So what is abortion?

You said abortion "terminates the pregnancy." Define terminate and define pregnancy.

Let me understand CLEARLY what you think abortion is.

Terminate when applied to living things, means kill, right? It means kill.

Pregnancy, when applied to women, means she is having a baby, Right? It means a baby.

So what you are telling me is that abortions kill babies.

Point out where I have misinterpreted ANY of the words above. Using clear and simple English. If women TRULY understand and support abortion, they should have no problems using simple words to describe what they support.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
There is no abortion on the planet which is safe for the unborn baby.
Abortions were unsafe in the past because using sanitary surgical procedures were not widely accepted. Therefore women sometimes died from abortions. That was a reason why abortions were banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies