Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 07:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'd really like a show of hands, of how many people have had their mind changed on a subject like this one, a heated, "core values" kind of a subject, because of an argument from a stranger on the internet.
No raised hand here. Somebody constantly pestering you to think the same way she does and trying to get you to only give answers she wants to hear is the opposite of being persuasive.

I think most people are settled on the issue and may look to Ireland as a good compromise as a way to settle the abortion issue after the Irish found out banning it didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's OK to care about one but not the other? Why?

It's OK if the baby gets torn apart, but not OK if the teen is?

Are there others that you believe don't deserve our care and concern?
I'd sooner be told "Drop dead, jerk", for trying to tell a pregnant woman how to run her life, than told the same thing by a troubled teen.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
And back to idiotic argument men should have no say in abortion because they are men.

Doe that mean that menopausal women should have no say in abortion since they can't get pregnant?
My question was not directed to you.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
No. You have not answered one of my questions.

I guess we'll leave it at you think abortion doesn't kill babies, so it's ok to kill whatever is there in the women's womb up to when she delivers it. Because it is definitely not a baby in there, which is why it's OK to kill it. It only magically becomes a baby once it's out.

That is what you've said, whether you are aware or not.
Again I support RvW as it is now. Again I can call abortion anything you want doesn’t make it true nor sway my position.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:09 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Abortion should always be the last step after thinking of other options like adoption.

I don't think you are a bad person for doing it, but it should be the absolute last option on the table
I agree if someone decides to go that route it should only be the last option. Unfortunately for so many women abortion is the first go to solution for them.

I do think they are bad people for killing their unborn baby girls. I personally think only a very sick, demented and selfish person would do so. That's my right to think that.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And I doubt women could be good parents if they were prone to having such serious problems.
They were not prone. Science has proven what happens to the mind after brutally killing your own flesh and blood out of pure selfishness.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But the unborn baby isn't even yours. As I've written before, I just expect women who insist abortion is murder and must be banned to just please be true to themselves. Mind their own pregnancies all the way to birth time. Don't try to help others unless asked.
Likewise, should all of us only worry about our own children and never voice concern or try to change policy over the massive child sex trafficking we have going on in this country? After all they aren't our kids. Why should anyone care about them right? Same for the innocent being slaughtered before birth right?

Old 05-24-2021, 08:21 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Likewise, should all of us only worry about our own children and never voice concern or try to change policy over the massive child sex trafficking we have going on in this country? After all they aren't our kids. Why should anyone care about them right? Same for the innocent being slaughtered before birth right?
Not the same. A dependent fetus in utero is not the same as a person already born and living life independent of the womb.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:31 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'd really like a show of hands, of how many people have had their mind changed on a subject like this one, a heated, "core values" kind of a subject, because of an argument from a stranger on the internet.

If my tubal ligation were to fail (as they sometimes do) and I conceived, I would get an abortion immediately. I can't imagine anything that anyone could say to change my mind about that. If I lived in a state that didn't permit them, I might, if possible, move out of it and not return, if that's what it took.

I would not want to consider adoption instead. I've watched one of the kids I DID have suffer with inherited mental illness and we're not even sure he won't self-abort one day, despite all of our best efforts and many thousands of dollars and hours of treatment. I'm often torn between my love of my sons, and the basic fact that I probably never should have had them, and certainly not with the man who hijacked my life at age 18 and gave them to me.

I was in love with the idea of a baby from the moment I knew that I had one growing within me, but I had no idea what it would be like to watch one of my children suffer so much, of something so very much out of my control or ability to fix.

So I most definitely would not be down to make another. Show me whatever pictures you like, call it a smoochy woochy bitty widdle baby waby. Still nope.

And no, I will not be telling my husband that if we don't want to risk a pregnancy, we just should never have sex.
My mind was completely changed in an anatomy and physiology course, I think my third year of college. I thought I was so smart before that. Different DNA. Able to feel pain. Have a primitive fear response, as evidenced by the "fetus" moving away the tools that will kill him or her. The professor was pro- coice. He certainly presented abortion in a favorable light, glossing over the science.

Learning about Planned Parenthood's history. Reading about that evil hide Sanger. The professor agreed with Sanger.

I became nauseated that I had been deluded.

I will challenge pro-lifers to buy birth control for those women that lack self-respect or self-control. The ones that make too much for free clinics, but can't pay for the prescriptions. I generally am paying for three at any given time.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:35 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
The law is what the law is. A woman can legally kill her unborn child, while someone that kills her can be charged for the death of her unborn child.

That's the point of this thread. We are trying to change the abortion laws over time. Over time we will slowly chip away at it like we have been doing. We will make it harder and harder for women to kill their unborn baby girls. I'm very pleased about the work we are doing. We will get there, but it will be slow. We have made progress. We will keep that progress going.

And then what is your plan when these babies are born. Are you willing to pay more taxes for their healthcare because the family can't. Are you willing to pay more taxes for welfare because the family can't afford daycare when they work. So the alternative is not to work. You may want to stop abortion but you also need a plan to deal with the consequences. And why is no one talking about all the kids already in foster care. Don't you think we should be more concerned about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies