Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 07:02 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times

Advertisements

I'm another one to chime in to say mask, getting the vaccine, whatever it is isn't really a left vs right issue. I think some of you think "because a lean X politically, and I believe Y, everyone who believes Y is politically X and anyone who believes Z must be the opposite of me politically." People and life aren't that simple. It seems to me that those who believe this do so only because their media told them that (left leaning media says it's the right and right leaning media says it's the left). People need to look around them, take off the "politics colored glasses," and think for themselves. Stop letting political leaders (left of right) lead you around by a figurative nose ring like chattel they need for votes.

I will say I find it odd that people still want to wear masks. But in the end, I don't care so much what other people do. I figure they have their reasons and that's their right. I am glad the restrictions are lifting.

Last edited by TMBGBlueCanary; 05-20-2021 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: grammar correction

Old 05-20-2021, 07:04 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So you are "annoyed" at the fact that some people still want to wear Masks because they don't feel comfortable knowing that there are millions of "snowflakes' who refuse to get vaccinated and people want to protect themselves?
It is annoying to me that there are so many people who have been brainwashed to believe that wearing a cloth mask means they are "safe."

The stupidity and inability to appreciate the concept of acceptable risk is astounding.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:10 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Also, if I know I will be around someone who is elderly or immune compromised, I will wear a mask. If you want to be the one who infects Great Granny who then dies a lingering, painful death, be my guest. The guilt and the nightmares are all yours.
Who's Great Granny are we talking about? I am fully vaccinated. CDC says I won't give the virus to others.

If Great Granny is out in a crowded store and has not gotten the vaccine and is not wearing a mask (the set of circumstances necessary for your scenario to play out) and some unmasked un vaccinated yet covid positive person spews droplets her way. And she catches it and dies. This is on her. Could have been avoided. But those are a lot of hoops to jump through for this to play out. And how would one know for sure they were the one who infected this person?

Old 05-20-2021, 07:20 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Who's Great Granny are we talking about? I am fully vaccinated. CDC says I won't give the virus to others.
Depending on which vaccine you got, and if those numbers are correct, your odds of giving that virus are 78-95% lower, but not 0%.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:30 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Depending on which vaccine you got, and if those numbers are correct, your odds of giving that virus are 78-95% lower, but not 0%.

OK. fine. But I am not losing sleep over going into stores without a mask now. If someone is worried about all this they can stay home or mask up.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:34 AM

588 posts, read 225,218 times
People don't want to give up their mask because it was a security blanket bestowed upon them by our government. Its one piece of their individual need to remain in control over a bad situation. Unfortunately I think it lead to a false sense of security and people chose masks over social distancing in some situations. They took two trips a week to the grocery instead of one. Families went out to eat more often and attended more social events because they wore a mask. All of this because they felt more protected when in fact many of the masks offer very little if any protection.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:36 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,462 times
In Walmart last night, was the only one w/o a mask.

Bill Maher tries to bring his audience back to earth about covid in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3gy_CLXho

Old 05-20-2021, 07:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
i haven't noticed. I have noticed a lot of paranoid people or just super duper cautious people who wear masks at all times.. but i don't put them into a political category. My BIL, who is super conservative, is a huge advocate of masks and will likely wear it long after any mandates have expired. Masks are not political, they are personal...

Old 05-20-2021, 07:44 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
i haven't noticed. I have noticed a lot of paranoid people or just super duper cautious people who wear masks at all times.. but i don't put them into a political category. My BIL, who is super conservative, is a huge advocate of masks and will likely wear it long after any mandates have expired. Masks are not political, they are personal...
Most of the people that wear them are liberals. Guaranteed.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:54 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
This proves that it was never about the "science." It was about the emotional placebo affect that certain needy people get when they wear their mask.

They said "follow the science."

Then the science said "You're vaccinated, you don't need to wear a mask."

Yet, they still do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies