Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 10:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Kidnapping maybe, but not a trafficker unless he sells 'em.
Last I saw kidnapping had a death sentence attached to it.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:06 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Another incorrect global conclusion. According to the law their claims for asylum will be assessed individually and then judged as to their validity. As I noted before, most claims are typically rejected ultimately.
According to the law, if they were truly asylum seekers they should seek asylum in the first safe country they reach (Mexico). Nobody gets to pick and choose which wealthy welfare state they seek asylum in.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:12 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,845 times
Quote:
And has made the u.s. a very wealthy nation. That could change --- people just keep working on it. I'm hopeful right along with you.
The only difference was... when the Germans and Italians came, nobody was giving them government handouts. Nobody got free health insurance. Nobody got a bus ride to their desired city of choice. They had to work undesirable jobs (or in the case of Germans, farm in the midwest), and they had to learn English (there was no press 2 for Spanish back then).

So for you to make parallels between the immigrants of last century and these entitled illegal invaders is, quite frankly, an insult to the millions of immigrants who came around the turn of the 20th century and assimilated within 1 generation.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:18 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
And your source is ---- ? I showed you mine, now show me yours; we can compare notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...cc8_story.html

Oh look^not a right wing media source.
Oh look ^^ a paywall --- but I'm on it, with an ohhhh
You're right he did.
Dig Deep, Snoops rate it as true ---

Did the Obama Administration Place Immigrant Children With Human Traffickers?

"In July 2015, the U.S. Department of Justice indicted a ring of traffickers led by Aroldo Castillo-Serrano and accused them of smuggling children into the United States. They were also accused of lying to Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) by posing as relatives in order to gain custody of children in its care and use them for forced labor in Marion, a city north of Columbus. The federal indictment, filed in U.S. district court in Ohio accuses Castillo-Serrano and his conspirators of forcing the children to live in squalid trailers and work six or seven 12-hour days a week, using threats and physical violence as coercion."

Just in case there is someone that is still fuzzy on the details ---
Dig Deeper

Report: Obama Administration Handed Child Migrants Over to Human Traffickers

"The United States government placed an unknown number of Central American migrant children into the custody of human traffickers after neglecting to run the most basic checks on these so-called “caregivers,” according to a Senate report released on Thursday."

It was a f-up on his watch, because some one lied and someone else didn't catch it. Imagine that. 29.8 million slaves around the world today and now we know more on how that happens. Government asleep at the wheel. That's not new.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
And has made the u.s. a very wealthy nation. That could change --- people just keep working on it. I'm hopeful right along with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The only difference was... when the Germans and Italians came, nobody was giving them government handouts. Nobody got free health insurance. Nobody got a bus ride to their desired city of choice. They had to work undesirable jobs (or in the case of Germans, farm in the midwest), and they had to learn English (there was no press 2 for Spanish back then).

So for you to make parallels between the immigrants of last century and these entitled illegal invaders is, quite frankly, an insult to the millions of immigrants who came around the turn of the 20th century and assimilated within 1 generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The only difference was... when the Germans and Italians came,
They arrived before FDR was in office --- well some did, some probably came in later.

The first generation of migrants one could probably say are slackers, because they're probably still trying to figure out their new home.

The second generation, from the first migrants are a little bit more productive.
The third generation around they are full fledged tax payers.

And the SS is still solvent thanks to the pesky ID stealers who work and pay into the SS system without being able to collect a dime.

Since that's (welfare) the only difference, why is it before welfare system was put into place, people didn't want new immigrants from any country? The government wanted them, they paid their salaries.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Kidnapping maybe, but not a trafficker unless he sells 'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Last I saw kidnapping had a death sentence attached to it.
And Trump was suppose to see a prison cell too --- no one really wins here, ya know.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApAKN3n-6c

Biden's immigration policy is going to tear this country apart: Mark Brnovich

Old 05-22-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApAKN3n-6c

Biden's immigration policy is going to tear this country apart: Mark Brnovich
Maybe within the people of the country, but not the government. The government is in the business of making money. It needs people in order to do this. I'd love to tell the immigrants that they are jumping from a fire, right into the fry pan, but I can't --- most don't figure that out, until after they get here and get settled.

Politicians are going to tell you want you want to hear on this issue, just as they do on 'all' issues so as to acquire votes and keep their salaries --- when all is said and done, though, they will go with the best interest of the country as the deciding factor. And as long as they hold the law in their hands, they're really not caring about the people and their culture differences.

imo, what I think people should really be looking at here, is that that they are doing with the children of these countries, seriously, something isn't right here --- however, it looks to me like as long as it is immigrant children, citizens in this country are not going to see the corruption embedded in this process. If they will deny due process for them, it is just a matter of time, before what goes around, comes back around to each and everyone of us. Time and the law is on their side, as they make the law, that we must abide by and the stories are as old as time itself.

Another thing to consider, is if at anytime in the future s hit the fan in the u.s., those that wished/needed to bail, where would you go, that you'd be well received --- their memories are long.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-22-2021 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: pronoun miss use

Old 05-22-2021, 02:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Maybe within the people of the country, but not the government. The government is in the business of making money. It needs people in order to do this. I'd love to tell the immigrants that they are jumping from a fire, right into the fry pan, but I can't --- most don't figure that out, until after they get here and get settled.

Politicians are going to tell you want you want to hear on this issue, just as they do on 'all' issues so as to acquire votes and keep their salaries --- when all is said and done, though, they will go with the best interest of the country as the deciding factor. And as long as they hold the law in their hands, they're really not caring about the people and their culture differences.

imo, what I think people should really be looking at here, is that that they are doing with the children of these countries, seriously, something isn't right here --- however, it looks to me like as long as it is immigrant children, citizens in this country are not going to see the corruption embedded in this process. If they will deny due process for them, it is just a matter of time, before what goes around, comes back around to each and everyone of us. Time and the law is on their side, as they make the law, that we must abide by and the stories are as old as time itself.

Another thing to consider, is if at anytime in the future s hit the fan in the u.s., those that wished/needed to bail, where would you go, that you'd be well received --- their memories are long.
I work for the government for almost 20 years. I also deployed to the southern border twice to help with the crisis in 2019 and now 2021.

Yes, the government (USCIS to be specific) makes money through user fees whenever someone files petition for an immigration package.

But how the heck the government makes money for housing ten of thousands of migrants at the southern border in these HUGE climate-controlled tents with thousands of DHS employees, doctors, nurses, and civilian contractors?

Old 05-22-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe within the people of the country, but not the government. The government is in the business of making money. It needs people in order to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I work for the government for almost 20 years. I also deployed to the southern border twice to help with the crisis in 2019 and now 2021.

Yes, the government (USCIS to be specific) makes money through user fees whenever someone files petition for an immigration package.

But how the heck the government makes money for housing ten of thousands of migrants at the southern border in these HUGE climate-controlled tents with thousands of DHS employees, doctors, nurses, and civilian contractors?
That's like asking how does the government make money off of their spending in welfare.

Biden administration spending $60 million per week to shelter unaccompanied minors

This has been going on long before the Biden Administration, but since this thread is about Biden, lets go with that instead of the Trump or Obama Administration's spending on these so called shelters. So now we have a number --- Now lets say migrants become tax payers ---

Immigrants Contribute Greatly to U.S. Economy, Despite Administration’s “Public Charge” Rule Rationale

There you have the rest of the story, any questions? One key element in that report to draw your attention to:

"A low birth rate can lead to a decline in the labor force, reduced demand in certain industries such as housing (and reduced home prices due to weaker demand), and a slowing and less dynamic economy. Immigrants, however, can counteract these effects.

Moreover, a low birth rate combined with the aging of the baby boom generation means that immigrants are vital to helping us improve our ratio of workers to retirees and support the baby boom generation in their retirement years."

^ which by the way, the government spent all their money, the system was more than solvent in 1965.

Also, you said it yourself, you were employed for 20 years, government employee paid for by the taxpayer --- this way of stalling the system for new arrivals has created jobs and a stream of revenue for the prison system. If it was anyone else but the Federal Government, we'd call it, money laundering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies