Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2021, 12:39 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
He could send them to Israel. Would you like that better?
I know you’re a leftist, but how does that enter into this discussion? Can’t resist making a slap against a Jew on a thread totally unrelated.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The way you write “people against allowing immigrants illegal or otherwise” makes it sounds as if there is barely no difference between illegal aliens and lawful immigrants. Although there are some, there are relatively few who want to slam the door shut to legal immigrants who demonstrate that they not only will not become a burden on the system, but will be active contributors to it.

I know of no country that, despite a low birth rate, swings opens its doors to millions of people who will require government assistance to feed and otherwise provide for their children, and likely to give birth to millions more who will get the full scope of government welfare-type benefits. It is unsustainable for any country.
The only difference between them is the law and laws change --- interesting enough there is less talk about those that over stay their visa and/or those not from Mexico. Mainly boarder talk instead.

Because of low birth rates, many countries have change their laws concerning migrants.

Rather than see the government miss management of taxpayer dollar, people wail against illegal immigration instead --- is this by design? Or do people have miss placed priorities ---- ? hard for me to tell.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The only difference between them is the law and laws change --- interesting enough there is less talk about those that over stay their visa and/or those not from Mexico. Mainly boarder talk instead.

Because of low birth rates, many countries have change their laws concerning migrants.

Rather than see the government miss management of taxpayer dollar, people wail against illegal immigration instead --- is this by design? Or do people have miss placed priorities ---- ? hard for me to tell.
The only difference between illegals and lawful immigrants is “the law?” OMG.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Quote:
God has nothing to do with it ---

Old 05-23-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
He could send them to Israel. Would you like that better?
Quote:
I know you’re a leftist, but how does that enter into this discussion? Can’t resist making a slap against a Jew on a thread totally unrelated.
Send them to Russia then, they'll take 'em.

Migrants Welcome:
Is Russia Trying To Solve Its Demographic Crisis By Attracting Foreigners?

"Russia has been trying to boost fertility rates and reduce death rates for several years now. Special programs for families have been implemented, anti-tobacco campaigns have been organized, and raising the legal age to buy alcohol was considered. However, perhaps the most successful strategy so far has been attracting migrants, whose arrival helps Russia to compensate population losses. In fact, with more than 11 million foreign-born migrants (as of 2019), Russia is the second-most immigrated-to country in the world after the United States."

And just one other tid bit:
Immigrants are a gift: Germany learns from solution for birth rate crisis

Even though they've been taking a hit for that.

If the u.s. doesn't want them there are plenty of other countries that just might.

They predict that population growth for the world will come halt (present trend continues) by 2100. I predict the competition to attract and retain people, will become the agenda --- As well as other initiatives.

Illegal to legal is just a stroke of a pen away.

Old 05-23-2021, 02:08 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
I know, no big deal, right? Why do these leftists always bring up the visa over stayers as some sort of lame defense of the border jumpers? For one thing most illegals here were border jumpers! At least we know who the visa over stayers are and they have to meet certain requirements to come here. We know nothing of these illegals who jump our border which includes economic terrorists, criminals, drug runners and those from known terrorist countries. Either way we want them all gone including the visa over stayers and we have never said otherwise!

Did you also notice the deflection as to how our tax dollars are spent? WTH does that have to do with objecting to illegal immigration? Yes, they do use our taxes but the bottom line is that they are here in violation of our immigration laws! Yes, laws do change but until or if they do they must be abided by as they are written today! If we feel we don't have enough population we can entice legal immigrants to come here who will be a benefit to our society not a burden.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-23-2021 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-23-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, no big deal, right? Why do these leftists always bring up the visa over stayers as some sort of lame defense of the border jumpers? For one thing most illegals here were border jumpers! At least we know who the visa over stayers are and they have to meet certain requirements to come here. We know nothing of these illegals who jump our border which includes economic terrorists, criminals, drug runners and those from known terrorist countries. Either way we want them all gone including the visa over stayers and we have never said otherwise!

Did you also notice the deflection as to how our tax dollars are spent? WTH does that have to do with objecting to illegal immigration? Yes, they do use our taxes but the bottom line is that they are here in violation of our immigration laws! Yes, laws do change but until or if they do they must be abided by as they are written today! If we feel we don't have enough population we can entice legal immigrants to come here who will be a benefit to our society not a burden.
Quote:
Why do these leftists always bring up the visa over stayers as some sort of lame defense of the border jumpers?
Since it is me you are talking about I'll respond.

First I'm neither right nor left --- even though some will interpret my views with a label. Labels are lame imo, they are a great way of deflection on any issue.

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

No defense, just a fact. ^ Boarder crossings are reported on more broadly However, they are fewer than over stays.

Quote:
Did you also notice the deflection as to how our tax dollars are spent? WTH does that have to do with objecting to illegal immigration?
Higher Immigration Keeps Social Security Solvent

"Immigration plays a central role in the funding adequacy of Social Security. The 2017 report showed that high immigration (legal and illegal) is associated with higher tax revenues and therefore overall lower program costs for the Social Security program, and lower immigration is associated with higher program costs due to lower revenues. The reason: as well as contributing more labor and Social Security taxes to the economy, immigrants have children, who also are projected to work and pay Social Security taxes." (my emphasis)

No deflection, just a fact ^

Quote:
Yes, laws do change but until or if they do they must be abided by as they are written today!
And so here we go --- and you're probably not going to like any law that doesn't go your way. Vote in 2024 to change it ---

Decriminalizing Migration: Ending Prosecutions for Border Crossing Violations

My interest, is purely, a humanitarian one, where it seems neither the right or the left can compete imo. We reap that which we sow --- so sow away. I believe the only one who gets hurt in the end is the one doing the hurting. So knock yourselves out and I'll just keep with the facts as they are reported. So as to keep with the best view available as to what is really going on --- side slander all you want --- not really caring. The facts will state more on this than I ever could on my own, cause seriously, I'm not that smart to come up with it on my own.

Some one else is though:
Biden strikes international deal in bid to stop migrants reaching US border

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-23-2021 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: adding a link

Old 05-23-2021, 05:12 PM

Beyond the media reports of Biden secretly flying illegals around --- I don't trust any of 'em, none of 'em would know a human right if it jumped up and bit them in the buttocks. You are only going to see what they want you to see.

President Biden’s ‘mistake’ at U.S. southern border isn’t what clueless pundits, GOP think it is | Will Bunch

"Along with one of the Republicans on his El Paso tour — Sen. Shelly Moore Capito of West Virginia — Murphy also said the Biden administration should work harder to give the media more access to the overcrowded facilities, where young refugees are increasingly detained longer than the 72-hour legal limit, so that the American public can better see and understand the current crisis instead of relying on the secondhand verbal accounts of senators or other visitors."

Why Did Border Security Firms Bet on Biden in 2020?

"Indeed, that was why I was here—to see what the border looked like as the post-Trump era began. President Biden had started his term with strong promises to reverse the border policies of his predecessor: Families torn apart would be reunited and asylum seekers previously forced to stay in Mexico allowed to enter the United States. Given the Trump years, the proposals of the new administration sounded almost revolutionary.

And yet something else bothered me as we drove away: Everything looked the same as it had for years. I’ve been coming to this stretch of border since 2001. I’ve witnessed its incremental disfigurement during the most dramatic border fortification period in this country’s history. In the early 2000s came an influx of Border Patrol agents, followed in 2007 by the construction of a 15-foot wall (that Senator Joe Biden voted for), followed by high-tech surveillance towers, courtesy of a multi-billion-dollar contract with the Boeing Corporation. " (my emphasis)

But then they are only going to surveil illegal boarder crossing, yes? I don't think so ---

"During the 2020 election, it was commonly asserted that, by getting rid of Trump, the United States would create a more humane border and immigration system. And there was a certain truth to that, but a distinctly limited one. Underneath the theater of partisan politics, there remains a churning border-industrial complex, a conjunction of entrenched interests and relationships between the US government—particularly the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—and private corporations that has received very little attention."

and the plot thickens ---

Old 05-23-2021, 09:31 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
The migrants could work at Israeli grocery stores and make sure that no one has to wait too long at the checkout line. And since they’ll be poor, they’ll have to take whatever abuse the customers dish out. They’ll have no other options. Wouldn’t that be a good thing?

Old 05-24-2021, 06:22 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This means every American child will suffer the consequences by putting more of a burden on schools and take away the focus on American children and focus on the illegals because they don't understand English..they sacrifice Americans for illegals who pack the schools and overcrowding will be a huge problem. Biden is for other countries first. We see that daily by his actions.
"This means every American child will suffer the consequences by putting more of a burden on schools and take away the focus on American children and focus on the illegals because they don't understand English."

Think about it. A 12 year old should be in what, 6th grade. Does anyone believe an illegal 12 year old is at the same grade level of an American 12 year old.

What grade should the 12 year old be put in?

Can you imagine putting a 12 year old, in say, the 2nd grade, because this is the level they are at?

Then you throw in, "they don't understand English.".

So now local school districts have to hire NEW teachers who speak Spanish?

Many school districts are complaining now about NOT having enough money NOW. What to you think the impact will be if they have to hire Spanish speaking teachers. Where are they going to find qualified teachers who also speak and can teach math, English, history etc. in Spanish.

How do they know if these new places even have the room to take in additional students.

Idiots, and yes I think biden and many of his supporters are idiots, don't think past the next news cycle when making decisions and the impact of what those decisions have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies