Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 10:37 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Who cares? Just wear a freaking mask.
No.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:49 AM

25,727 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
When you enter a business you must do as the owner says.
What if the owner told you to shoot the customer standing next to you? Would you follow that mandate as well?

Seems like a baker told a "customer" in his business to not expect a cake from his bakery some time back. What happened to that baker? Obviously, your observation is flawed and conditional.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:02 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
This is actually not a HIPAA violation. In public, people have the right to know if they are going to be exposed to a virus which can be deadly for some people. This is exactly how the CDC should have structured its announcement in the first place. Your rights do not superseded the rights of other people.

Anyone writing about it should get it right: HIPAA (pronounced HIP-uh) stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
You're right it's not a HIPAA violation, but you're wrong on that it's no one business. If they ask you, it is completely up to you to disclose.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Being unvaccinated doesn’t equate to a person carrying an illness. You don’t have any right to know other people’s vaccine status nor do you have any right not to ever be exposed to viruses or bacteria.
I see so many people stuck on the "we dont know if another person will catch anything from me not wearing my mask" and "i dont know whos not vaccinated".

the point is - when a person gets vaccinated, they are protecting themselves and others, and you cannot be worried about every other person in the world, its impossible. I think people have their thinking backwards. they are living in fear because of backwards thinking.

the moral of the story is - get your vaxx, and when 2 weeks have passed, you can live as a free person and not worry about anything else. You will drive yourself nuts thinking too deep into this.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:50 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I see so many people stuck on the "we dont know if another person will catch anything from me not wearing my mask" and "i dont know whos not vaccinated".

the point is - when a person gets vaccinated, they are protecting themselves and others, and you cannot be worried about every other person in the world, its impossible. I think people have their thinking backwards. they are living in fear because of backwards thinking.

the moral of the story is - get your vaxx, and when 2 weeks have passed, you can live as a free person and not worry about anything else. You will drive yourself nuts thinking too deep into this.
Personally I have no plans to get the vax and am 100% ready to also live freely. I have never been worried about covid but took measures to make others who were, more comfortable and did so for a year. Now that they have their vaccine it still isn’t enough apparently. You can’t please this group.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:50 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Anyone can refuse to do business with any private business.

False equivalancy.

Fact: According to the FDC itself thousands have died, more than from all vax since 2001.

You "fact" is a DIRTY LIE. I notice you did not provide any support for your LIE.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:52 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Personally I have no plans to get the vax and am 100% ready to also live freely. I have never been worried about covid but took measures to make others who were, more comfortable and did so for a year. Now that they have their vaccine it still isn’t enough apparently. You can’t please this group.

People getting chem cannot get vaccinated or will not have an immune response. That is just one example. There are still many vulnerable people. Your freedom does not superseded theirs.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:54 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
People getting chem cannot get vaccinated or will not have an immune response. That is just one example. There are still many vulnerable people. Your freedom does not superseded theirs.
No one can force anyone to get anything injected in their body even if it's known to be 100% safe [something no vaccine is].

Old 05-22-2021, 12:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
I have an autoimmune disease and there many unknowns as to how the vaccine might impact people like me. I’m not getting it no matter how hard people try to bully me into. My health comes first.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:00 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Fully Vaccinated People in Oregon Must Show Proof of Vaccination Status in Order to Enter Businesses Without a Mask

Try walking into a store without shoes. You will be told you are not allowed until/unless you put shoes on, and I doubt you would argue the store has no right to demand that, right?

Private businesses can do what they want. You guys always claim to love capitalism but hate it when they refuse to cater to your demands when you don't like their rules.

Too bad, so sad. Put your mask on or go somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies