Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 10:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Remember all the politicians are DEMOCRATICALLY elected.

It's the politicians we hired doing the bidding for the special interest groups, but we don't do jack squat to stop them.
We do not have to consent, especially if it takes liberty and freedom.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
If you’re so critical, why quote the autocratic libertarian Hans-Herman Hoppe?
I quote Karl Marx, Mao Zedong, Adolf Hitler, Vladimir Lenin, Hans-Hermann Hoppe, Noam Chomsky, Lysander Spooner, John Adams, George Orwell, Thomas Jefferson, Niccolo Machiavelli, George Washington, H.L. Mencken, Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Fraser Tytler, Alexis De Tocqueville, Henry David Thoreau, Frederic Bastiat, Mikhail Bakunin, among many others.

It is easier to see a problem than to fix it. Philosophers are generally correct in their observations and wrong in their solutions. Karl Marx's observations about capitalism are almost 100% correct. His solutions are almost 100% crap.

I'm quoting their observations not their solutions. Truth is truth regardless of who is saying it.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-24-2021 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-24-2021, 08:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I quote Karl Marx, Mao Zedong, Adolf Hitler, Vladimir Lenin, Hans-Hermann Hoppe, Noam Chomsky, Lysander Spooner, John Adams, George Orwell, Thomas Jefferson, Niccolo Machiavelli, George Washington, H.L. Mencken, Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Fraser Tytler, Alexis De Tocqueville, Henry David Thoreau, Frederic Bastiat, Mikhail Bakunin, among many others.

It is easier to see a problem than to fix it. Philosophers are generally correct in their observations and wrong in their solutions. Karl Marx's observations about capitalism are almost 100% correct. His solutions are almost 100% crap.

I'm quoting their observations not their solutions. Truth is truth regardless of who is saying it.
Karl Marx, who never worked in a day and was terrible with his financial situation, was full of crap!

Old 05-24-2021, 08:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Karl Marx, who never worked in a day and was terrible with his financial situation, was full of crap!
Here, tell me which of his observations are incorrect(not predictions, or solutions, just observations).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQgCy_iIcc

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-24-2021 at 09:06 PM..

Old 05-25-2021, 05:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Do you think a corporation that operated democratically would be more efficient, more productive, and more innovative? If so, why aren't corporations democratic?
The Constitution does not mention Corporations once, not even sole-proprietarships & yet the rights of Corporations have been greatly expanded in the relatively short 'lifetime' of the United States of America.

The earliest designers of our Country had a healthy scepticism, & even a healthy mistrust, when it came to the rights of corporations because of their history of screwing the people & running roughshod over them when given leeway.

Corporations are, after all, a legal fiction designed to avoid personal liability. The earliest designers granted them the right to exist however with strings attached.

Stating the obvious, much has changed since then, what with the cutting of the strings.

In time, a legal fictive entity designed to avoid liability had to be held accountable or held responsible for its actions that caused harm to live people. & so on.

Quote:
Would the military be better if it was democratic? Privates having the same say as generals?

About a third of Americans don't vote. Would America become more efficient, more productive, and more innovative if 100% of the population voted?
During feudalism, each 'monarch' had its own 'military'. That became redundant.

More from Hoppe's Argumentation ethics "logic":

Quote:
Hoppe has expressed criticism towards democracy, stating that a monarchy would preserve individual liberty more effectively.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Hermann_Hoppe

Old 05-25-2021, 05:55 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
What you are speaking of is not communism.

Woke SJW crap is crap. But it is not communism.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Here, tell me which of his observations are incorrect(not predictions, or solutions, just observations).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQgCy_iIcc
I stopped at “his political ideas were used to design disastrous economies and nasty dictatorship. Nonetheless, we shouldn’t reject Marx too quickly.” Please tell me why. Are millions of corpses not enough?

I tried again and still can't finish this horsecrap video. Who in their right mind would agree with this video??? The answer is those who are jealous of the success of other people and wish to enslave them.

Name one “observation,” we can debate.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:27 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
I stopped at “his political ideas were used to design disastrous economies and nasty dictatorship. Nonetheless, we shouldn’t reject Marx too quickly.” Please tell me why. Are millions of corpses not enough?

I tried again and still can't finish this horsecrap video. Who in their right mind would agree with this video??? The answer is those who are jealous of the success of other people and wish to enslave them.

Name one “observation,” we can debate.
It's very much a "but what about Hitler's good ideas?" type arguement they are trying to make.

When you have to preface Marx's ideas with the fact it led to more death and destruction than the holicaust.....I mean, it's probably a good idea to stop there.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's very much a "but what about Hitler's good ideas?" type arguement they are trying to make.

When you have to preface Marx's ideas with the fact it led to more death and destruction than the holicaust.....I mean, it's probably a good idea to stop there.
There are plenty of evil people in the world. I stopped to think the government is our enemy. The real enemy is the people who wish to enslave others, and there are plenty of them.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:15 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
What you are speaking of is not communism.

Woke SJW crap is crap. But it is not communism.
Cultural Marxism.

Instead of economic class, they are using race instead. Pitting "whites" vs "non-whites" as well male vs female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies