Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 10:11 AM

8,896 posts, read 2,935,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Yet another enemy of those who live off the land.

You are accusing me of having an "absolute dream" that my friends and neighbors - many of whom are descendants of the pioneers who arrived here in the 1860's - will watch their crops die in the fields because of a horrific drought.

The farmers and ranchers of SW Colorado are almost all conservatives and some of Trump's biggest fans. Do you actually believe that they would somehow fake what is happening out here and give up their farms in "order to grow government"?

Here's the report from the EPA:

From the EPA:

There have been long periods of geologic time when the earth's climate or the climate of some region of the earth has not undergone any appreciable change. When climate change does occur, it often happens in very small increments which allow plant and animal species to adapt in time to avoid mass extinctions. The rate of climate change since 1901 has gone on at a breakneck pace when compared to the normal rate of climate change in bygone eras.
Wow! You showed a picture of dry ground on Earth! Oh my God! Let me get my checkbook out and pay some extra taxes to the government!

Old 05-24-2021, 10:32 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I thought the earth was burning up according to you environmental zealots out there. Madman Gates wanted to spray dust into the atmosphere to block the sun to stop global warming. What the hell happened.

https://notrickszone.com/2021/05/14/...75c-since-2016
Stop following the science!! Just turn over all power and authority to the Marxists.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:41 AM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Oh, yes you do. The Western United States has been enduring a long drought with higher than average temperatures since 2000. Some years show some improvement, but it never lasts for long.

I have the misfortune to live on a farm in the middle of drought central here in the Southwest - an area known as the Four Corners. Last year the summer rains (aka the monsoon) failed us completely. The mountains in our region received as little as 37% of their normal winter snowpack. Come this Spring, our reservoirs proved to be dangerously low. In fact, they are the lowest they have ever been in recorded history.

We have been notified to expect only a single cutting of hay this year - in normal years we get four cuttings. I have put in my usual vegetable garden, but I think it's more of an act of masochism than it is anything else. Everything will just die when the irrigation water runs out in July the way they say it will.

Just about everyone now admits that our plight is mostly the result of global warming. Each year our average temps go up by a few more tenths of a degree. Doesn't sound like much, but after twenty one years and counting, it starts to add up.

The MSM outside this region has been largely ignoring our plight. Conservatives don't want to hear about it either because then they'd have to wrap their minds around the thought that global warming is actually a reality that impacts us now.

So keep reporting on your little factoids that claim climate change doesn't exist. Me, I think I'll start posting images of the dying farms as this summer progresses.
how does 'just about everyone' explain the far more severe drought in that area in the 1930's, rambles?

"Throughout the 1930s, southeastern Colorado and the Great Plains experienced extreme droughts. Baca, Las Animas, and Prowers Counties were among those areas hit hardest by drought. The region received a meager 126 total inches of moisture between 1930 and 1939, 205 fewer inches than the previous decade."

Old 05-24-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
O{snip}

The MSM outside this region has been largely ignoring our plight. Conservatives don't want to hear about it either because then they'd have to wrap their minds around the thought that global warming is actually a reality that impacts us now.

So keep reporting on your little factoids that claim climate change doesn't exist. Me, I think I'll start posting images of the dying farms as this summer progresses.

So what is the climate in your region supposed to be, and when was the earth supposed to isolate it, lock in that climate and maintain it that way forever?

Well, there is a strong la nina right now, and this means more dry weather to come in parts of the nation. You cannot blame man-made global warming climate change for La Nina / Nino. Scientists don't even understand yet what creates these weather patterns. Of course, don't let this stop people from claiming they are created by CO2.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Yes, sometimes the climate changes in very small increments, other times, it changes incredibly fast. The EPA's contention that current changes we are seeing have never happened before, simply isn't true.

https://www.nap.edu/read/10136/chapter/1#v

And:
https://www.nap.edu/read/10136/chapter/2

Again, these extremely wild climate shifts were not caused by man, so what makes you so sure this tiny little blip we have seen recently is caused by human activity?
Yup, our planet routinely engages in wild climate swings, and humans have nothing to do with it.

http://climaterealists.com/attachmen...2__540x400.jpg

Old 05-24-2021, 10:49 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,759,830 times
It's simple. There is no such thing as man made global warming or climate change. It's just a Trojan Horse for reallocation of money. Anyone with a brain and eyes can see this.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:52 PM

33,514 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
“Global Surface Temperatures Plummet 0.75C Since 2016.”

Hmm.....while Trump was President.
Surprised that Biden hasn’t jumped on this to take credit for it already.
Never happened....Check out the graph on this site...

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

This graph illustrates the change in global surface temperature relative to 1951-1980 average temperatures. Nineteen of the warmest years have occurred since 2000, with the exception of 1998. The year 2020 tied with 2016 for the warmest year on record since record-keeping began in 1880
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.