Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 05:37 PM

1,153 posts, read 633,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't think you quite understood the intent of that post. He is claiming that dems win because they "cheat".

Now of course, Republicans in state legislatures are passing laws all over the place to keep those evil dems from "cheating".

But rest assured, if the Dems win elections in spite of the new rules...Republicans will still claim it was because.... "cheatin".
True but, if Republicans manage to win either the House and/or the Senate in the mid-terms next year or if another Republican wins the Presidential election, that whole theory/conspiracy will become obsolete.

It must be difficult to have to actually WANT Republicans to lose just to maintain that conspiracy to excuse Trump's loss in 2020 lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 05:43 PM

8,398 posts, read 4,391,844 times
This board is extremely conservatively biased and inundated with conservative rhetoric, lies, twisted truths, propaganda and conspiracy theories. So if you rely on it for your only source of 'news' you will have a seriously fractured view of the world. Its kind of like religion. You can have all kinds of religious beliefs, no matter how weird, but you will find others to agree with you and so you will team up and enforce each others beliefs to the exclusion of all others, no matter how outrageous. This is a gathering place for that kind of thing.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:34 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,956,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
You would think the republicans would own the country every election. However, they may never control congress or the WH again.. At least in our lifetimes. It took a complete anomaly in Trump (Who basically fractured the party and weakened them in the end) for them to have a shot
If I only got my news/opinions from this board, I'd slash my wrists...

The Repubs didn't own the country this last most recent election, but they sure came close as they played every dirty trick in the book. Plus, they learned some lessons on January 6th. I can guarantee you that these lessons learned will be taken to heart when the Congress certifies the 2024 election.

And then there's all the vigorous Repub effort that has been put into gerrymandering and voter suppression. Heck, in Georgia (I think) voters standing in line for hours on a hot election day are not allowed to receive so much as a glass of water. Conservatives know that they are losing what little appeal they once had to anybody at all, so now they are trying to prevent anybody at all from voting.

Republicans are not even trying to appear as if they were trying to broaden their appeal. In the 2020 Presidential campaign, they didn't even bother to put together a platform. I believe that they just hired some street person to pop up and point at Trump whenever some member of the laimstream media got up the nerve to ask Republicans what they stood for.

Republicans believe that their message of tax cuts for the wealthy; negroes should be neither seen or heard; and every child should receive an assault weapon upon turning 5 is more than enough to allow them to win a landslide in 2024. That's if no one is watching when they dump all the ballots filled out by Democrats.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,274,657 times
Lol

With the way the Dems are going, Republicans won’t have to do much to win...and the assault weapon at 5 is hilarious.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:19 AM

27,212 posts, read 15,385,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Sure wish you were right, 'Ro, since regressive, weak republicans are like a gigantic ball-and-chain around the country's ankle.

But as long as the antiquated, rigged electoral college system (which favors the weak republicans) remains in place, they'll still have a shot at the White House.

Of course, on a truly level playing field (national popular vote) weak republicans can't seem to compete for the WH anymore.

And their disgraceful, pathetic voter suppression laws and gerrymandering will also keep the weak republicans competitive for the House.

They're like the slow kids in the schoolyard who need head starts when they race other kids to the fence.

The Senate is basically a joke of an institution at this point when you look at some of these pathetic dolts (tuberville, barrasso, mcconnell, et al) from all these bush-league red states...
You show apparent lack of understanding the Electoral College.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:27 AM

45,707 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
You would think the republicans would own the country every election. However, they may never control congress or the WH again. REALITY. Not rhetoric. At least in our lifetimes. It took a complete anomaly in Trump (Who basically fractured the party and weakened them in the end) for them to have a shot
If you get all your news from the broadcast media, Democrats own the country. And this is the case for WAY too many people.

The OP is probably just fine with this, and is put off that others don't follow in lock step.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:33 AM

63,074 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
You would think the republicans would own the country every election. However, they may never control congress or the WH again. REALITY. Not rhetoric. At least in our lifetimes. It took a complete anomaly in Trump (Who basically fractured the party and weakened them in the end) for them to have a shot
Dream on, lol.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:35 AM

5,655 posts, read 6,240,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol

With the way the Dems are going, Republicans won’t have to do much to win...and the assault weapon at 5 is hilarious.
I completely agree.....but that "not much" will likely have to include putting forward nominees that do not advance conspiracy theories like Donal Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene. There are a lot of good moderate Republicans making their way through the party ranks. I'm an independent and I would have much preferred having that choice over Trump/Biden (I recognize there were other candidates but those wer the two wit ha realistic shot) for president, for example. Moderate Republicans get slammed on this board as "RINOs" but those moderates are the ones that have the best chance of winning independents and moderate Democrats. Massachusetts is a great example - it has a history of a deep blue legislature and a moderate Republican executive (not just Baker, but Cellucci, Romney and Weld before him. There are a lot of people in Massachusetts not voting a strict party ticket.

Old 05-23-2021, 02:55 PM

22,679 posts, read 24,669,137 times
Ok yeah, whatever.......the board seems fairly balanced left/right.

But I will admit, the Left is winning the long-game.....only a matter of time. Big Blue swings to the left all over the country.

When Texas eventually goes Blue, that is VERY bad for the Right.

Old 05-23-2021, 03:03 PM

9,957 posts, read 4,708,872 times
Better than other boards. Still seems like it gets brigaded or infiltrated by professional trolls on occassion. But better than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies