Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 06:20 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
If the industry produces movies with political agendas and people do not go see them for that reason, the people are out of work because of the MOVIE INDUSTRY not because of the customer.
Your right shutting down the theaters and production for the last year is becaue of "political agenda's" not being well received by the public......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 06:22 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
here in Chicago, on Fox 32 (local) news, the reporter was getting all excited about a movie theater being open because its a fun experience. the movies on the marquee were old time horror movies.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:32 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Your right shutting down the theaters and production for the last year is becaue of "political agenda's" not being well received by the public......

Your comment in no way relates to mine. If the industry wants people in the theaters they will produce content people want to see. If they don't for whatever reason including political agendas in the movies then it is not an obligation for the customer to go see them and the lost jobs are the fault of the industry.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:40 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
It`s the young people who are going to spend money on this crap....and it is all crap. Not what it used to be.It wouldn`t bother me if all movie theaters went out of business. Actors should do what they do, and keep their political opinions to them self.....sports should do the same.
Many entertainers are so wealthy they can't shut up. Money=speech.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:53 AM

1,465 posts, read 621,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
here in Chicago, on Fox 32 (local) news, the reporter was getting all excited about a movie theater being open because its a fun experience. the movies on the marquee were old time horror movies.
Right before Halloween back in 2012 we went to see Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein on the big screen. Good stuff.

With that being said, I'll never step foot in a theater again.

1) I pay over $180 a month for internet and cable and I'd rather not give woke Hollywood any more money than I have to. New releases will eventually be 'free' on cable.
There are still good/entertaining/fun movies being produced. We watched Deadpool 2 yesterday and enjoyed it very much.

2) Movie theaters draw all kinds and I don't like diversity while trying to have a nice time. I had one too many bad experiences with cretins who don't know how to be considerate (seat kicking, talking, yelling at the movie, phones out). I don't need it.

3) At home I can eat good food without being gouged and I can pause to go to the bathroom.

I may go to a baseball game again at some point, but I'm in no hurry.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:57 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Good.

Their liberalism is finally affecting their bank accounts.

Turns out no one want to be homeless over a 99% global survival rate virus after all.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:57 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Ain’t happening. I was disgusted with the public’s behavior before the pandemic and now I’m sure it’s much worse. There is nothing they can put in the theater I’m not willing to wait for pay per view on my 65” curve screen.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:03 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Your comment in no way relates to mine. If the industry wants people in the theaters they will produce content people want to see. If they don't for whatever reason including political agendas in the movies then it is not an obligation for the customer to go see them and the lost jobs are the fault of the industry.
My comment does apply, you refrence "politcal agenda" as being a reason and for some, what one person doesn't like another person does. But the theaters and the industry haven't been shut down for the last year over picture quality or "political agenda".

Old 05-23-2021, 07:04 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
They have been running to Netflix, etc. to try to keep the money flowing. It takes a lot of $$ to pay for the staff in a 20 million dollar home, etc. Some of these celebs really put themselves on a pedestal and think of the public as, for lack of a better word, deplorables. I like good entertainment, not a lecture on political views.

Hollywood rarely produces a movie good enough these days to get me interested in it.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:21 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I now 'prescreen' every movie or television show I might potentially watch for wokeness by researching the cast and the synopsis as well as the media promoting it. If it even hints at woke I am out.
Some folks have too much time on their hands. Might I suggest volunteering in the community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Going on a fifth page of posters who have nothing of value to add.
Oh, the irony ...

Quote:
What king of logic is that? If the people making the movies do not produce what people want to pay to go see then it is the movie industry which is at fault not the customer.
It makes all kinds of sense. Here we have dozens of posts railing against the "Hollywood elite", when the marquee stars are just a tiny fraction of the people who work in the film industry, including the trade electricians and carpenters, and other blue collar workers that conservatives profess to care so much about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies