Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 05:39 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It was during Clintons term that the first attack on the twin towers . Clinton could have taken out Bin Laden but was afraid to move.

Clinton talked all about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction all through his presidency.
"Clinton talked all about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction all through his presidency."

Which is why I included some of his quotes.

He signed the bill for "Regime Change" and was too chicken to follow up on it. Which is WHY we had a 9-11. All talk and NO action!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Awfully long answer but you still ignored the fact that Bush invaded Iraq not Clinton, but thanks for the update on the senate vote to give authorization of funding which I already new along with people critical of SH.

Still Bush chose to invade Iraq because of WMD or this never would have happened.
"but you still ignored the fact that Bush invaded Iraq not Clinton,"
Didn't "ignore " it all.

I said "he could not have invaded ......". Which as we all KNOW means he DID invade, WITH the authority from Congress.

I think you need a a reading comprehension refresher course.

"but thanks for the update on the senate vote" You are welcome.

"to give authorization of funding which I already new along with people critical of SH."

Which MANY DEMS IGNORE.

"Still Bush chose to invade Iraq because of WMD or this never would have happened."

Did you NOT read ALL the quotes from the DEM politicians to include clinton on the WMDs Irag had?

Again, WITHOUT the authority from Congress, RUN BY THE DEMS, W could NOT have been able to invade

I ACCEPT what W did. Way too many dems IGNORE what THEIR politicians did and the role THEY played.

You keep wanting blame W ONLY. and IGNORE the role the dems played. It was a JOINT effort. Your bias is showing.

The again, dems seldom take responsibility for their OWN actions and non-actions! And you area PERFECT example!

Old 05-26-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Both times were a fail. Bush1 failed to do the job bob and Bush 2 went in and took the hunt off of OBL to try and finish the job his father failed to do from the get go. Trillions blown for nothing many of our peeps killed.
"Both times were a fail. Bush1 failed to do the job"

And what did clintion do between the 2 Bush's?

" Bush 2 went in and took the hunt off of OBL"

W Bush did NOT stop looking.

It was HIS program and people who eventually FOUND OBL.

You really need to widen your "news" sources"!

"Trillions blown for nothing many of our peeps killed."

Did you complain when clinton signed trh bill for "Regime Change in Iraq"?

Did you complain when a DEM controlled Congress voted to authorize the invasion of Iraq AND the money to do so?

Did you complain when the dems made all their claims that there WERE WMDs in Iraq?

Just curios.

Being a "Monday morning quarterback" is EASY!

Old 05-26-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't have in depth knowledge of Clinton's policies and am not going to spend lots of time researching, but according to Belling who is going to be 65 years old this year, Clinton was a fairly moderate president. He did things like pass welfare to work laws, which if done by today's democrats would be a death sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...pportunity_Act

A 5 year lifetime limit on benefits seems very reasonable. I assume we don't have such laws in place anymore given my people I know were on section 8 for 8 years and still receive food stamps 15 years later?
"He did things like pass welfare to work laws,"

Only because Newt Gingrich took over as the House Majority Leader when the dems lost control of the House, which they had controlled for 40 STRAIGHT YEARS.

I know details, details details!

Old 09-18-2021, 08:26 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Able to work on both sides to get things done...got bipartisan support. No deficit under his reign. One of the best presidents ever. That tryst under his desk was a bit of a stain though...

Old 09-18-2021, 08:43 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Able to work on both sides to get things done...got bipartisan support. No deficit under his reign. One of the best presidents ever. That tryst under his desk was a bit of a stain though...
Come again?

Old 09-18-2021, 08:44 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Come again?
I see what you did there lol

Old 09-18-2021, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
He signed NAFTA and when asked if he had ever smoked Marijuana "I tried but didn't inhale it, and didn't like it" .....which makes absolutely makes no kind of sense all.

He opened eyes and red pilled a lot of people, that he was just a puppet to the deepstate
Enough to get GW. in there over Gore.

Then GW, was just a puppet for the deepstate too, like Clinton
Same with Obama

Trump exposed the evil that really controls the world

No secret now with puppet Biden & the deepstate in bed and they don't hide it and if they try, it is exposed quickly.

Old 09-18-2021, 09:10 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Once Gingrich took over in 1994, Bubba as Newt's puppet was a much better POTUS.

Old 09-18-2021, 09:10 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
The big things I recall about the Clinton administration:
1) - NAFTA
2) - Loosened underwriting standards for mortgages, eventually causing the 2005 meltdown
3) + Drastically reducing the number of people on welfare
4) - Drastically increasing the number of people on SSDI
5) + Eventually learned to reach across the aisle and create bi-partisan solutions
6) - Monica Lewinski - For some reason, feminists defended his workplace sexual harassment
7) + Didn't actively run around fostering hate and divisiveness like current Dems

I really despised Clinton at the time, but have to come to have a more moderate view of him these days, probably because compared to the dumpster fire that was the Obama administration and the current Biden debacle, he seems benign by comparison. I'd say he was slightly worse than Trump, simply because he was a key contributor to some really damaging economic policy. Probably on par with Bush, overall.

I'll take Clinton over Biden any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies