Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 11:03 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times

Advertisements

What an incredibly ignorant question, OP.

Carter is one of the most genuine, good people, and presidents we ever had. It's not his fault there was a "hostage crisis" when he was president.

He was and is a good man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 11:11 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
"The Irony is strong in this one, Master Luke...!"
Somebody brought up whataboutism and I called out the tactic for what it is. No irony here.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:31 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,862 times
Horrible- no.

I’d say more ho-hum.

Now that I know more about him and Hillary- I’d be willing to call them horrible, evil people. But that doesn’t mean he was a horrible president. He was average, did some good, did some bad. Most of the good was apparent when he was in office while the bad wasn’t discernible until years later.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:39 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It’s an incredibly low bar, but I’d say he was the best Democratic President since Kennedy.
Kennedy sucked.

He screwed up Berlin, screwed up the Bay of Pigs, screwed up the Kennedy Missile Crisis and was the unnamed "John" in the British Politician Sex Scandal where he was sleeping with a prostitute who was actually a Soviet spy.

He abandoned his wife and children at his inauguration ball to go to a party at actor Peter Lawford's home where he was finger-banging actress Angie Dickinson before rolling in the sack with two prostitutes.

Any one of the Woke Crowd who doesn't condemn Kennedy for the monster he was is a hypocrite.

I mean, when a former President and an Army general who as Commander Allied Forces Europe tells you do not put missiles in Italy and Turkey because the Soviets will retaliate to such an hostile aggressive action by putting missiles in Cuba is so difficult to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
As far as marijuana and Lewinsky, nobody cares about that nonsense.
I care. Clinton brazenly soiled the Oval Office with his antics.

Again, any one of the Woke Crowd who doesn't flatly reject Clinton is a hypocrite.

And Clinton violated US laws by giving money to Pakistan to buy weapons from Iran and ship them to al-Qaida's #2 man al-Zawahiri (now deceased thanks to an air strike) in Albania to smuggle them into Bosnia and Kosovo-Metohija under the watchful eye of the CIA and the Iranian VEVAK (the CIA was there to verify no man-pad surface-to-air missiles were part of the shipments).

You can't condemn Reagan for Iran-Contra and then not condemn Clinton for Iran-Bosnia/Kosovo-Metohija.

What Reagan's subordinates did was thread the need through a gray area of the law, which Congress subsequently changed to eliminate the gray area, so what Clinton did was actually worse.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:45 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Clinton would be way too conservative for today's GOP.

That's the irony in all the responses here.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
He signed NAFTA and when asked if he had ever smoked Marijuana "I tried but didn't inhale it, and didn't like it" .....which makes absolutely makes no kind of sense all.
Relative to Biden and Obama, he was fantastic. His biggest drawback was Hillary.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:51 AM

866 posts, read 319,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
When Clinton took office after Bush, the deficit was growing, unemployment was high, the number of people on welfare was growing. Clinton left office with a booming economy, the poverty rate dropped, federal spending as the % of the total economy fell and we had a surplus of $63B.

As is the norm, the democrats inherit a mess and leave with things improved. Bush II squandered the booming Clinton economy and Trump ruined the booming economy left by Obama. The difference between Bush and Trump is that Trump also left over 500,000 dead Americans.
Clinton caused the housing bubble which fueled the economy. Who inherited the mess that caused when it burst?

Old 05-23-2021, 11:52 AM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Clinton was a Rhodes scholar before he even met his wife. He isn’t at all someone I would describe as a “good old boy redneck.”
I didn't say he was stupid. You can be a red neck good old boy and be smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What an incredibly ignorant question, OP.

Carter is one of the most genuine, good people, and presidents we ever had. It's not his fault there was a "hostage crisis" when he was president.

He was and is a good man.
Carter is without a doubt a decent human being. However, he sucked as President.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:53 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I didn't say he was stupid. You can be a red neck good old boy and be smart

Carter is without a doubt a decent human being. However, he sucked as President.
Then please enlighten us and articulate what you mean by your statement.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
He signed NAFTA and when asked if he had ever smoked Marijuana "I tried but didn't inhale it, and didn't like it" .....which makes absolutely makes no kind of sense all.
Lowering the capital gains tax helped the economy.

But as far as increased spending and never ending wars in the Middle East he's just like the other Presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies