Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 06:11 AM

7,324 posts, read 3,513,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You stated this previously. Why do you think this? If his job requires a lot of driving perhaps he kept them in the car so that she was with him. I dont know and neither do you. The difference is that you are judging him based on unknown facts.
It's only my opinion which I am certainly entitled to. Opinions form based on personal experience I have found. It's a bad situation all around but the poor child never had a chance in life or death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 09:22 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
They had too much ego to stop
Or pressure from their bosses to find revenue. Drug arrests are worth money in federal funding and property seizure.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Not defending the police, but keeping your daughters ashes in your console speaks volumes about his character.
What?? You have an issue with this? Why?

Old 05-24-2021, 09:29 AM

2,034 posts, read 852,412 times
Cops really have created and made their own beds in this country. And I’m not talking about the racially politicized shootings. That’s just the icing on the cake for people to explode. It’s been decades of “cops on one side and everybody else on the other” and these guys acting no better than gang members.
Almost everyone at one time or another has had a very rude encounter with the police where it was quickly evident that if you didn’t get on the ground and start licking their boots, you were going to be in a heap of trouble. Whether it be from a traffic stop or whatever else.
The core of the problem is they don’t understand what their true role is and they never understood the constitution for sure! 80% are bullies Before they ever even joined law-enforcement, which is like dumping fuel on the fire.

I’m not anti law or anti cop, but reality is what it is. They’ve done it to themselves. Most everyone has been treated extremely poorly by cops at least one point if not several points throughout their life, when there’s an uprising, there’s lots of people waiting to join in and that’s what you’re seeing now

Old 05-24-2021, 09:32 AM

727 posts, read 304,450 times
As retired Law Enforcement, I have to say that this was abysmal Police behavior. Losing a child is one of the most heart wrenching experiences a parent must have to endure. I get the symbolic behavior of him keep her close to him, doesn't matter where, glove compartment, etc.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:37 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Not defending the police, but keeping your daughters ashes in your console speaks volumes about his character.
And what volumes would that be?

Old 05-24-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
And what volumes would that be?
Well I don't know. What do you keep in your car console? I keep some napkins, hand sanitizer, earbuds, some extra masks maybe some mints...oh and this bag of human ashes

Old 05-24-2021, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Well I don't know. What do you keep in your car console? I keep some napkins, hand sanitizer, earbuds, some extra masks maybe some mints...oh and this bag of human ashes
So?? You are basically blaming this guy.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:53 AM

727 posts, read 304,450 times
This is definitely misconduct, with that being said calling Police "pigs" is not only shameful but juvenile.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So?? You are basically blaming this guy.
No, not blaming the guy he did not deserve what happened but he clearly wasn't father of the year either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies