Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 12:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting……Go pound sand Chinaman…..

President Trump SUED for Saying ‘China Virus’, ‘Kung Flu’ While He Was in Office

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly being sued for his repeated use of “China virus” — among other phrases — in reference to COVID-19 while he was still in office.

Anti-China rhetoric: Blaming China for “unleashing” the coronavirus, Trump routinely used terms such as “Chinese virus,” “Wuhan virus” and “Kung Flu” during his term, arguing that it is “not racist” to refer to the pathogen’s geographic origin.

Trump accused China of withholding vital information about the coronavirus, a claim corroborated by U.S. intelligence reports of officials in Wuhan keeping the threat under wraps for weeks.

Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor regarded as the “Wuhan whistleblower” -- and who subsequently died from COVID-19 himself -- was summoned to a police station for “spreading rumors online” and was forced to admit “illegal behavior.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sue...201221352.html
LOL

OP refers to someone as “Chinaman” in a thread talking about non-existent racism.

No wonder your coup failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 12:44 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
The virus came from China so I don't care who attaches that name, or Wuhan, to anything virus related. And don't even TRY to tell me that's why black guys are beating up old Asian people.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:28 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The virus came from China so I don't care who attaches that name, or Wuhan, to anything virus related. And don't even TRY to tell me that's why black guys are beating up old Asian people.
Not only that I believe now people are beating up South Africans, Brazilians, Brits and Indians because of the South African, Brazilian, UK and Indian strains. Probably because of those dog whistles.

Clearly this was a racist dog whistle
Quote:
Dr. Fauci told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Monday night: "It is certainly not the dominant strain [in the U.S.] but if it becomes dominant, the experience of our colleagues in South Africa indicates that even if you've been infected with the original virus, that there is a very high rate of re-infection to the point where previous infection does not seem to protect you against re-infection, at least with the South African variant."
My St Bernard hasn't heard the whistle yet though.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:31 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. Anyone who watched Trump do this got to see and hear him with his racist dog whistle.
Liberal says racist!

Drink!

Liberal says "dog whistle!"

Drink!

Old 05-24-2021, 07:37 AM

2,082 posts, read 924,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LOL

OP refers to someone as “Chinaman” in a thread talking about non-existent racism.

No wonder your coup failed.

Blackman, brown man, white man, …..no Chinaman is yellow man correct

Interesting…..

https://www.theyellowwhistle.org/

Old 05-24-2021, 08:56 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Blackman, brown man, white man, …..no Chinaman is yellow man correct

Interesting…..

https://www.theyellowwhistle.org/
Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:59 AM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Please. Anyone who watched Trump do this got to see and hear him with his racist dog whistle.
China isn't a race.
Only the dumbest and most mentally deranged people on earth would say China Virus is a racist slur.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:16 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Quote:
Yawn. Ive seen him do this. What utter nonsense. It was racist as heck. I doubt the lawsuit will be successful, but lets not deceive ourselves.
Yawn? You still never explained why it was "racist as heck." What's the difference between saying "China virus" and "German measles"?

Old 05-24-2021, 10:19 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
If you believe that's racist you must be in tears every time someone mentions the Ebola virus.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:23 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Snowflakes are very, very sensitive to words. Don't they consider words the same as physical violence?
Yes, but silence is violence too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies