Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 08:17 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times

Advertisements

As might have been predicted, Johnson's supporters refuse to believe police reports that the shooting was gang-related: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-claims.html

I expect they will embrace all sorts of conspiracy theories.

Old 05-25-2021, 03:45 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
As might have been predicted, Johnson's supporters refuse to believe police reports that the shooting was gang-related: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-claims.html

I expect they will embrace all sorts of conspiracy theories.

It's been confirmed by London's Metropolitan Police, that she was shot by four black men, in what is believed to be a gang rivalry shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News

A prominent Black Lives Matter activist was shot by a group of four black men at a party in south London, police say.

Sasha Johnson is critically ill in hospital after being shot in the head at a property in Peckham on Sunday.

Met Commander Alison Heydari said the men had "entered the garden of the property and discharged a firearm".

Ms Johnson's party said she had previously received death threats but police have said there was "nothing to suggest" it was "a targeted attack".

Cdr Heydari added detectives were also "not aware of any reports of threats made against her prior to this incident".

Sasha Johnson: Black Lives Matter activist shot by group of men - BBC News

Old 05-25-2021, 04:13 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It's been confirmed by London's Metropolitan Police, that she was shot by four black men, in what is believed to be a gang rivalry shooting.
If only the police had been there before this happened.

Oh well, that's what she wanted - no police presence.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:43 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If only the police had been there before this happened.

Oh well, that's what she wanted - no police presence.
There is a certain irony to all this, however every white person I know doesn't want anybody hurt or killed, and value all life.

BLM just stir up the politics of hatred and are no better than the extreme right or extreme left.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:47 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There is a certain irony to all this, however every white person I know doesn't want anybody hurt or killed, and value all life.

BLM just stir up the politics of hatred and are no better than the extreme right or extreme left.
I don't enjoy people being killed; however, sometimes I just don't care. This organization hurts more people than it helps.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:49 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Wow... A BLM leader being “smoked” by Black men. I’d say I was shocked, but I’m not and I’d bet she wished that the police there there to protect her hateful behind.

Maybe if BLM gave a phoock about Black on Black violence, this might not have happened, but they don’t since it doesn’t fit their clearly racist agenda.

I can’t say I feel sorry for her since all she did was spread hatred... And in the end, she got a major dose of it back... Karma is a MoFo.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:56 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I don't think anyone has ever recovered from a fatal injury.
Too funny!!

Old 05-25-2021, 05:03 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
There is also a disparity with how blacks treat the police. Blacks are more likely to run, become unruly, or attack the police. Whites are more likely to peacefully comply with police requests.

Hence, the disparity with how police respond to blacks vs. whites.
FBI stats say in the US, blacks represent 13% of the population yet commit 50% of all violent crime. Let that sink in

Old 05-25-2021, 06:49 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
FBI stats say in the US, blacks represent 13% of the population yet commit 50% of all violent crime. Let that sink in
I know where you're getting at, but I'd be careful with how you phrase it as it makes it seem like there is a bigger problem than there is; and, to be sure, there is a big problem. The overwhelming majority of people of all races do not commit violent crimes. Even when looking at blacks specifically, the percentage of black perps implicated in violent crime in the US represents well under 1% of the black population in the US.

If blacks weren't in the US, the majority of violent crime would be committed by whites, yet I doubt we'd be hearing similar alarm bells.

Quite frankly, though, violent crime is overwhelmingly intra-racial, which--considering how racially segregated the country still is in terms of where people live--make these statistics take on even different meaning for the overwhelming majority of the people. Those who suffer from violent crime committed by black offenders are, almost exclusively, other blacks. If people are genuinely concerned about the plight of black people who are victim to such crime (and I'm not talking about you or anyone else specifically), I can accept this line of approach. Otherwise, I am not 100% sure why it is brought up.

Note, for the record, I bring up these statistics--specifically as they relate to black on black crime--in part to refute the false narrative being pushed by BLM. The true issue with crime facing the black community isn't imaginary "systemic" white racism, but black on black crime.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:18 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What would her options of been if the UK didn’t allow her to live there? Was whining and complaining in her DNA?
She was born in the UK - why wouldn't they 'allow' her to live there? It's her home country.

By the same standard, as a Brit, yes, whining and complaining are very much in our DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies