Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 07:25 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Claiming Israel is an apartheid state, for one;
It's the definition of an apartheid state. Not driven by antisemitism, but driven by the definition of the word 'apartheid'. There are sperate roads for Israeli and Palestinian citizens, different busses, the Israeli permit system in which Palestinians have to apply for a permit to cultivate their own land. Just last year the Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din after studying the issue found that the Israeli treatment of the Palestinian population of the West Bank meets the definition of the crime of apartheid.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:37 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
It's the definition of an apartheid state. Not driven by antisemitism, but driven by the definition of the word 'apartheid'. There are sperate roads for Israeli and Palestinian citizens, different busses, the Israeli permit system in which Palestinians have to apply for a permit to cultivate their own land. Just last year the Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din after studying the issue found that the Israeli treatment of the Palestinian population of the West Bank meets the definition of the crime of apartheid.
No. Israel is not an apartheid state. That lie is being pushed by the antisemitic U.N., and is an example of the broad, sweeping condemnation of Israel that is influenced by resentment of Jews. Israeli Arabs live better lives than they do in Arab countries.

In the meantime, where’s the condemnation for the horrible treatment of Jews in Arab countries? Iraq was the worst - so much that they drove the Jews out (as was their goal), and now the antisemitic country is Judenfree. (maybe there are 5 Jews left.)

Thanks for the beautiful example of double standards.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...state/#slide-1

Old 05-25-2021, 07:41 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
No. Israel is not an apartheid state. That lie is being pushed by the antisemitic U.N., and is an example of the broad, sweeping condemnation of Israel that is influenced by resentment of Jews. Israeli Arabs live better lives than they do in Arab countries.

In the meantime, where’s the condemnation for the horrible treatment of Jews in Arab countries? Iraq was the worst - so much that they drove the Jews out (as was their goal), and now the antisemitic country is Judenfree. (maybe there are 5 Jews left.)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...state/#slide-1
I only gave one standard, how does one accuse someone of double standards when I haven't mentioned the other? . Both Israel and the Arab states that treat Jewish citizens as second-class citizens are examples of apartheid states, both are as despicable as each other. Interesting story this week about the last Jewish family in Yemen being forced out. That is also despicable.

I also gave you an Israeli human rights group saying it met the correct definition - there's another one too in January 2021 Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem issued a report outlining the considerations which led to the conclusion that "the bar for labeling the Israeli regime as apartheid has been met."

Only one of us is using double standards.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:49 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Of course I’m not the the sole arbiter. But neither are those who hate Israel.

Is THAT how you put down a Jew who disagrees with the Israel haters? Tell her she’s not the sole arbiter? Certainly you don’t mean that my opinion is the outlier? Millions upon millions of people who aren’t influenced by antisemitism or ignorance agree with me.

What’s that icon?
Why do you assume I'm putting you down. You made the statement that "As an intelligent, thoughtful Jewish woman, I believe I deserve the right to determine where most of the antisemitism is coming from". Well, as another intelligent, thoughtful Jewish woman, I have my opinion but I certainly don't believe I deserve any special right to to determine where most of the antisemitism is coming from, especially if my opinion might be tinged with strong political leanings. That is not a "put down", merely a statement of fact. As I said before, you have the right for yourself, but not for others. If others agree with you, bully for you.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:29 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You have the right to decide for yourself where most of the antisemitism is coming from. Others' opinions may differ, and that is their right as well. You are not the sole arbiter for everyone of the sources of antisemitism.
Exactly.

Quote:
Confining the discussion to the topic at hand is not a double standard.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:41 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
The sweeping condemnation of Israel, advancement of Hamas propaganda, and nasty comments to Jews who support Israel have antisemitism, or at the least, resentment toward Jews, at its base. But what really reveals antisemitism is the double standards applied when Israel is involved.

The linked article explains it better than I could.

https://helian.net/blog/2009/06/10/a...anti-semitism/
Jews and Christians will be attacked , the Communists have to demoralize the public against any person of Religion to create the atmosphere of the Reset to Communism. They must attack the Jews and Christians and make them evil to the masses. This is the left.

They will raise up Marxism under the BLM flag and it all all part of the brainwashing that the masses will have to undergo.

Making the masses despise the Jew and Christian. Good is bad and Bad is good to them that want to destroy us.

Christians and Jews stand together. The Christian stands by faith in the Religion of the old testament and we share the same God. We Christians are grafted in the original Tree of the Jewish Religion. We will defend the Jew and Israel.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:20 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Words to think about
Attached Thumbnails
Why the Sweeping Condemnation of Israel and Supporters reveals Antisemitic-screenshot-180-.png  

Old 05-30-2021, 09:24 AM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Words to think about
Of course, Palistinians, Marxist and many Blacks under the guise of the NOI hate Jewish people. You could add Nazis to but thats a group that happens to agree with the groups above on that topic.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Funny thing is...
So many American Jews have supported left-wing causes and left-wing politics, and the majority of them still vote Democrat. It's kind of ironic to see the leftists & Democrat voters go against Jews and Israel.

I wonder if Jewish Americans will continue to support a political party that is increasingly turning against them and the nation of Israel?

Specifically, HOW is the Democratic Party going against American practitioners of a certain religion?

HINT: Disagreeing with the policies/actions of a nation IS NOT an attack directed at practitioners of a specific religion so don't even try playing that bogus card.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:09 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
well, I don't think criticize Israel = antisemitic automatically, but, Is criticism of Israel an indication of anti-Semitism or bias derived from anti-Semitism? This is a question.

Most reasonably objective people would agree that if the same standards, criteria, and definitions are being used to judge or criticize Israel as for any other country, then it is not anti-Semitism.

But what if any of those definitions and standards are constructed to judge the Jewish state and only the Jewish state? Then it is likely a case of either conscious or unconscious anti-Semitism.

Is criticism of Israel an indication of anti-Semitism or bias derived from anti-Semitism?

If we looked close enough, we would find that every nation member of the UN is deserving of a condemnation. However, Israel tends to receive them in such extreme disproportionality that one has to suspect that the UN is governed by anti-semitism as much as anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies