Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 10:35 AM

8,942 posts, read 2,963,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I agree and I am advising, arguing that you will feel much better about things if you just stop looking to attack others who might be doing things differently.

I'm not anti-mask or pro-mask. I'm glad to see restrictions/guidelines easing and to see the rate of virus continue to go lower.

As more of us are vaccinated and we continue to wash hands, social distance and if asked, wear a mask.....those numbers will hopefully continue to decline .

If others folks aren't ready to ditch the mask yet and they are struggling with getting rid of it -- why do I care.

I know some folks that aren't fully vaccinated & the idea of a mask is not a big deal so they are still masking up but they will be ready to ditch the mask when they are ready.

It never seems to be enough. For a year folks have been crying to get back to normal and as we are seeing this happens -- folks are moaning just as much about getting back to normal.

Go do your normal and then you don't feel the need to moan about going back to normal.

I've bought concert tickets, don't wear a mask if I don't have to....and I got vaccinated. I'm glad my risk is even lower now of getting seriously ill IF I contract the virus. I know it is likely I won't get it -- but truth -- I'm not likely to get in a serious car accident just going to the store for milk but I buckled up every time.

Enjoy the relaxed guidelines & ignore those that may not be as ready to do that......it will make you feel like things are going back to normal.....
Hint: We "washed our hands and wore masks for a long time." That did squat.

Social distancing (shutting down our entire economy) worked a little, but that was not sustainable.

the VACCINES and NATURAL IMMUNITY are what got us to today.

Just FYI.

And many people are NOT trying to get back to normal. They are purposely trying to milk this for all its worth, and that's what we're talking about here.

People who care about the country will continue to try to talk sense into the illogical mask zombies.

We don't want to raise a generation of hypochondriacs who are afraid of their own shadow and who wear masks like they are from Shanghai or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Ha! That’s funny, for the last 14 months, your side has made and continues to make a huge fuss about what others were and are doing instead of just worrying about yourself. Supporting businesses and schools being shut down, demanding masking and now vaccines.
Yeah it's funny that the people talking about getting back to normal are now the ones "butting into others affairs," but during covid-mania, they were the ones saying you're a murderer if you don't comply and wear a mask.

Ironic.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Ha! That’s funny, for the last 14 months, your side has made and continues to make a huge fuss about what others were and are doing instead of just worrying about yourself. Supporting businesses and schools being shut down, demanding masking and now vaccines.

My side?
So this hyper focusing on others that aren't doing what you think they should be doing is payback for those of us that followed the guidelines set out by Trump's admin and then Biden's admin.

I will still argue it is a waste of time and the best way to get back to normal is to just go do your normal.

As for sides...I had uber liberal friends that never really got behind the whole mask, washing hands, social distancing guidelines and I have conservative friends that refused to go to the store or out for months and wiped everything that came into the house down, etc...didn't see family, etc.

So I was in the middle somewhere. My kids came to visit me....we didn't go sit in a small restaurant but I shopped, dined outside (love living in the south), etc. and yes -- wore a mask where I was asked to.

I don't know which side that is.....but now I'm on the side of wearing a mask if asked, not wearing it if I don't have to.....

Life is good. Go enjoy.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:39 AM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The seeds are being planted for government management of all diseases and health issues. Maddow and her ilk are participating. Everyone says she's super smart blah blah yet she's paranoid the vax might not work or she'll be the one that get's it? I can't buy that act yet.
I'm hearing that its deeper than that, The Great Reset crowd loved this event, it's a way to soften people up for more government control.

Not sure how true that is, but ya have to wonder, the goal posts keeps moving and moving. Two weeks to flatten the curve and now over a year later and we're a hair away from mandatory vaccinations.

Just to keep the fear mongering and control up, now we have these new even deadlier strains and variations of the virus, now were hearing reports of fully vaccinated people getting the virus, blah blah blah.

I don't know what the hell to believe anymore. We're living in the most strangest time I can recall in modern history.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yeah it's funny that the people talking about getting back to normal are now the ones "butting into others affairs," but during covid-mania, they were the ones saying you're a murderer if you don't comply and wear a mask.

Ironic.
They think we’re butting into their lives simply for wondering why they are still wearing masks even after getting vaccinated a d after restrictions were lifted. I guess it’s considered a thought crime and is intrusive to their way of living. I don’t get it al all.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
My side?
So this hyper focusing on others that aren't doing what you think they should be doing is payback for those of us that followed the guidelines set out by Trump's admin and then Biden's admin.

I will still argue it is a waste of time and the best way to get back to normal is to just go do your normal.

As for sides...I had uber liberal friends that never really got behind the whole mask, washing hands, social distancing guidelines and I have conservative friends that refused to go to the store or out for months and wiped everything that came into the house down, etc...didn't see family, etc.

So I was in the middle somewhere. My kids came to visit me....we didn't go sit in a small restaurant but I shopped, dined outside (love living in the south), etc. and yes -- wore a mask where I was asked to.

I don't know which side that is.....but now I'm on the side of wearing a mask if asked, not wearing it if I don't have to.....

Life is good. Go enjoy.
Great. And at what point do you stop and say enough is enough? 1 month? 6 months? 10 years? The rest of your life?

What logic are you using for doing something that serves no purpose, for a virus that kills about .0000000000000001% of the country daily? To make other people feel better? To not "rock the boat?"

Forgive us, but we will continue until the madness ends.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:43 AM

2,040 posts, read 854,250 times
Been through Louisiana, Alabama and Texas this past week, NOBODY is wearing masks. They’re over the covid hysteria.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:44 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
My side?

Life is good. Go enjoy.
How is me noticing that most people are still wearing masks after they have had the chance to get the vaccine and after the mandate has been dropped infringing on anyone’s life?

I followed the rules for a year and it’s still not enough apparently as now the pressure to get the vaccine is immense.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Over the last 30 days, NW Florida has transitioned to mostly maskless. I was finally able to see the smiling faces of the bartenders at Mugshots.

The only holdout that I can think of is my favorite bait and tackle shop. He and his wife still require masks upon entering and I happily oblige.
South Carolina doesn't get the attention that Florida and Texas do but we've been easing guiddlines for some time.

And like you -- glad to not wear a mask if I don't have to and okay to wear one for those that aren't quite ready to let it go.

Last November I went to one of my fave ocean side restaurants and none of the staff was masked up and no patrons of course.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Great. And at what point do you stop and say enough is enough? 1 month? 6 months? 10 years? The rest of your life?

What logic are you using for doing something that serves no purpose, for a virus that kills about .0000000000000001% of the country daily? To make other people feel better? To not "rock the boat?"

Forgive us, but we will continue until the madness ends.
And further, if YOU actually thought it did something at all, wouldn't you choose to wear it all the time?

Otherwise, WHY would you? You are admitting you're doing something (that is not a law) you don't agree matters, just because someone else wants you to.

Isn't that a little crazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies