Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 08:03 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well, this is why they make large towels and put curtains around the showers.
This is actually a pretty good point.

Come to think of it, I know that I’ve changed in the same room with lesbians, which is fine. Lesbians hit on me outside the locker room, and that is fine too. It is not a big deal. I am not a person who likes to tell others that I am not attracted to them, I normally say, "I am flattered, but I already have a boyfriend" to men or women, there is no need to hurt others feelings. So, As long as everybody follows the same rules, whether written (as in some gyms) or unwritten:

No touching anyone without explicit permission (such as being asked to help with a zipper)

No excessive ogling or verbal innuendo

If you aren’t comfortable in the common space, change in the toilet or shower or changing stall. (But be quick about it so other people can use it too)

No messing with other people’s stuff

This is not a social or loitering space. Do what you need to do and then leave to make room for others.

This said, if a person looked like Cailyn Jenner shared the same locker room with me, I think it would be a bit uncomfortable at the very beginning, but eventually, I think most women would get used to it and it won't be a big deal.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:08 AM

add: I think the factors that affect my level of comfort are how well I know everyone else and how much I like them. If the trans women in question have transitioned, and I’ve known them before their transition, too, that’s probably rather a factor in favor of my comfort because that means that at least they aren’t strangers.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Wow, you think the bible is completely clear in all of it's meanings? And that the translations, from the original Hebrew and Greek, are true and exact?

Lol, look at you getting all snarky, when it was you who first brought it up. smh.
It is not all about the clothes.. that is only a part of the problem. It is the man presenting himself as a girl.. then it gets into unacceptable territory. Then they want to share a bedroom and shower with women.. that is what the situation is about and it is wrong!

Old 05-26-2021, 08:12 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
While I don’t agree with the premise, it is ridiculous to think someone is going to present and live as female to share a dorm room or bathroom with a female.

Contrary to the fantasies of some men, female generally don’t prance around naked, have pillow fights and shower together.

Dozens of schools now have “ gender neutral” student housing where students can CHOOSE to share a dorm, regardless of bio or perceived gender.

I don’t care who is in the bathroom stall next to mine, so long as they flush.
Yes, but those schools decided on their own and were not forced to put males and females in the same dorm room, bathroom and shower, right?

Old 05-26-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is not all about the clothes.. that is only a part of the problem. It is the man presenting himself as a girl.. then it gets into unacceptable territory. Then they want to share a bedroom and shower with women.. that is what the situation is about and it is wrong!
.. but these men are not transgender women. They are just perverted men. There is law to deal with perverts like them.

I don't remember the whole article that I read a while ago and I am too lazy to google it. The article says transgender women with a male body have a female brain, or something like that. They are just women with men body, I think. They are not dangerous to women.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:21 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Wow, you think the bible is completely clear in all of it's meanings? And that the translations, from the original Hebrew and Greek, are true and exact?

Lol, look at you getting all snarky, when it was you who first brought it up. smh.
No I don't think think that. Exactly the opposite. Its other posters who are saying it is against Christian religion for men to wear "women's clothes" and women to wear men's clothes" and you who said it was so they could have sexual relations with those of the same sex. I guess I'm saying your interpretation of the idea that men dressing like women goes against God and the Christian belief system has no merit.

Actually several times on this thread you scolded others saying this thread is about....
Just reminding you of your own words. This thread is not about dressing a certain or sex.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:33 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. but these men are not transgender women. They are just perverted men. There is law to deal with perverts like them.

I don't remember the whole article that I read a while ago and I am too lazy to google it. The article says transgender women with a male body have a female brain, or something like that. They are just women with men body, I think. They are not dangerous to women.

Yeah, there are a lot of studies about this. Here is one of them.

Quote:
Transsexuals experience themselves as being of the opposite sex, despite having the biological characteristics of one sex. A crucial question resulting from a previous brain study in male-to-female transsexuals was whether the reported difference according to gender identity in the central part of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) was based on a neuronal difference in the BSTc itself or just a reflection of a difference in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide innervation from the amygdala, which was used as a marker. Therefore, we determined in 42 subjects the number of somatostatin-expressing neurons in the BSTc in relation to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and past or present hormonal status. Regardless of sexual orientation, men had almost twice as many somatostatin neurons as women (P < 0.006). The number of neurons in the BSTc of male-to-female transsexuals was similar to that of the females (P = 0.83). In contrast, the neuron number of a female-to-male transsexual was found to be in the male range. Hormone treatment or sex hormone level variations in adulthood did not seem to have influenced BSTc neuron numbers. The present findings of somatostatin neuronal sex differences in the BSTc and its sex reversal in the transsexual brain clearly support the paradigm that in transsexuals sexual differentiation of the brain and genitals may go into opposite directions and point to a neurobiological basis of gender identity disorder.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10843193/

Old 05-26-2021, 08:35 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No I don't think think that. Exactly the opposite. Its other posters who are saying it is against Christian religion for men to wear "women's clothes" and women to wear men's clothes" and you who said it was so they could have sexual relations with those of the same sex. I guess I'm saying your interpretation of the idea that men dressing like women goes against God and the Christian belief system has no merit.

Actually several times on this thread you scolded others saying this thread is about....
Just reminding you of your own words. This thread is not about dressing a certain or sex.
I was responding to your post, not 'someone else's'.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of studies about this. Here is one of them.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10843193/
Interesting. It makes sense.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:44 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
That's my point. All those things would still happen. Banning trans women from women's restrooms doesn't do a thing to prevent predators. All it does is harm progress for trans rights.
Trans shouldn’t be allowed in women’s locker rooms, bathrooms or showers or sharing dorm rooms with women. They should have unisex options for bathrooms a d showers at the school and single dorm rooms for these individuals. It’s not that complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies