Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 11:50 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

I have noticed more and more places close to my home have at least one restroom marked "unisex". And this is an area where the largest town within 30 miles of us has a population of less than 10,000 people!

It seems to me that in places with a LARGE clientele (such as a large college or gym), that the best choice would be to have a separate shower facility marked "Unisex".

Old 05-25-2021, 11:50 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Saying trans women aren't allowed in women's restrooms wouldn't do a thing to stop predators. It only discriminates against a set of the community.
No it wouldn't, but it wouldn't make it easier for predators either.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:51 AM

17,305 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Ever travel internationally where there are unisex bathrooms? It's really not a problem.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Too many people have the idea, I think, that women think all transgendered women are predators. I sure as hell don’t, and I don’t know any other women who feel that way.

The argument for many women is simply the desire to retain traditional biologically-female spaces like restrooms, locker rooms, and dorms. Intimate spaces where women prefer to be around other women. Not trans women. It doesn’t make a woman a bigoted hater to feel that way. We shouldn’t have to fight ANYONE for the right to keep our private spaces.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:53 AM

17,305 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I see they like to take steroids..trying to be men.. fact is women can do the same and still stay a women.

Here are some freaky looking women who are women..with the same build.

https://musclemecca.com/showthread.php?t=240728
Way to dodge the question.

If you don't want them in the men's room. Would you be upset if you saw what in all appearances is a bearded muscled man going into the women's room? Even if that's actually what you want if you did a genital exam?

Old 05-25-2021, 11:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have noticed more and more places close to my home have at least one restroom marked "unisex". And, yes, this is an area where the largest town within 30 miles of us has a population of less than 10,000 people.

It seems to me that in places with a LARGE clientele (such as a large college or gym), that the best choice would be to have a separate shower facility marked "Unisex".
This is the clear solution to me. How easily we can begin solving these issues, eh?

Old 05-25-2021, 11:54 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Too many people have the idea, I think, that women think all transgender women are predators. I sure as hell don’t, and I don’t know any other women who feel that way.

The argument for many women is simply the desire to retain traditional biologically-female spaces like restrooms, locker rooms, and dorms. Intimate spaces where women prefer to be around other women. Not trans women. It doesn’t make a woman a bigoted hater to feel that way. We shouldn’t have to fight ANYONE for the right to keep our private spaces.
Yes, and this is one more case where people would expect the comfort of the great majority of people to be sacrificed for the comfort of less than 1% of the population.

It would be different if we were talking about denying transgendered people the right to use restroom facilities, but we are not talking about that.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:55 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Too many people have the idea, I think, that women think all transgendered women are predators. I sure as hell don’t, and I don’t know any other women who feel that way.
I don't think all trans are predators. But, being human there are likely some trans who are predators.

Quote:
Yep.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

well said I agree.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:56 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Christian beliefs are being trampled on. What happened to freedom of Religion and the rights of women to not have a man dress like a women which to a Christian is a lie. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. It goes against God and the Christian belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies