Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 08:56 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,971,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Very good post, thumbs up

Democrats want blacks to perpetually be beholding to them, that’s what keeps them in power, Trump and Kanye West pointed these truths out and were ridiculed as a racist or Uncle Tom.

Democrats are buying the black vote so they can have a one party dictatorship. The black community should be insulted by that.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:57 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,971,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
When republicans start caring about issues that black folks actually care about, then they might start getting votes...

What handouts (I mean "programs")?

Old 05-25-2021, 09:09 PM

72,798 posts, read 62,114,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I do think in many ways the black community needs to look inward for real change, but that said, they have been pushed aside in many ways as well. Al I know, instead, if America was so racist why does half the world want to risk their lives to come here? And when they do come here they find no matter how hard it is they end up thriving ? Every race, from everywhere, all around the world comes here and you don’t hear a peep from them. They just go to work, start businesses, go to school, and etc etc.

Blacks are literally the only ones this hasn’t yet happened for.
This is how I see is. For everyone else, America is a clean slate. For Black Americans, we're the only people who came here under duress. We came against our will, and then went through 250+ years of oppression. We literally had to fight to be considered human, and then fight to be treated like citizens. This taints how I see America. For a Black middle class person like me, I have it better than many Black people in America. However, I also understand that I have deal with being looked down on, and I have to constantly consider how some people would perceive me as a Black person. And I know I have alot of baggage considering how my ancestors came here.

Because of what Black Americans have gone through from the moment they were brought here, it has a way of tainting one's view of America. I view things as "I succeed in spite of, not because of". I view it as "if I succeed, it's because I have a father to make sure I don't give up".

Old 05-25-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
When republicans start caring about issues that black folks actually care about, then they might start getting votes...
In 2016, there were some Republicans who could have done well among American Blacks. John Kasich is one of them. 0% of Black people voted for Trump in the Ohio GOP primary. Former Ohio governor John Kasich got 26% of the Black vote in the GOP Primary. The GOP candidates the largest share of the Black vote in the primaries almost never win the primaries.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:12 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,078,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
True...I wonder what percentage of white Republicans are actually married to black people?
I dunno. What % of marriages are white - Black? Or Black-white, whichever way you prefer.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
True...I wonder what percentage of white Republicans are actually married to black people?
I don't know. Pretty much every White female I know who is married to a Black man, is herself a Democrat. I only know one White Republican who is dating a Black person, he is male and an immigrant.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Democrats are buying the black vote so they can have a one party dictatorship. The black community should be insulted by that.
And a statement like "Look at my African-American over there" was suppose to get Black people to vote Republican? Uh, no.

This is how I see it. I don't think you really care how many Blacks feel about this. I just think YOU want a Republican in office and you see Black voting patterns as a stumbling block/burden to such aspirations.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:14 PM

Here is something to consider. There are individuals who will claim "Democrats are using Black people" or "Democrats treat Blacks like children". Well, this is what I see. Why would I want to vote for a party that generally sees Black people as a burden? Think about it. A statement like "80% of white Republicans feel America has done enough to help Black people". We have people bringing up "entitlements" and "welfare". If you're going to through that kind of stuff in my face, it is not going to make me want to vote Republican. If anything, it will just turn me away even more.

Here is the deal. If I'm voting, who am I going to pick: The person who views me as their "pet" and/or pities me (but at least acts like they care about me, or the person who talks about me (or my race) like I'm a pest or burden on society (such as assuming that Blacks only want "free stuff")? Who do you expect me to pick?

Old 05-25-2021, 10:29 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,884,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I view it as "if I succeed, it's because I have a father to make sure I don't give up".

Children do need both a mother and a father, married and living together in the same household. Children growing up in broken homes (remember when that was a common term?), raised by a single mother, begin life severely handicapped compared with children who grow up in intact families.

All races suffer broken homes. But blacks suffer the highest percentage of kids raised by single mothers, with siblings by different fathers, and a revolving door of mom's "boyfriends."

If blacks (or any race) were to lessen their rate of divorce and illegitimacy, that would do far more to improve their children's future than any government program or corporate handout.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Children do need both a mother and a father, married and living together in the same household. Children growing up in broken homes (remember when that was a common term?), raised by a single mother, begin life severely handicapped compared with children who grow up in intact families.

All races suffer broken homes. But blacks suffer the highest percentage of kids raised by single mothers, with siblings by different fathers, and a revolving door of mom's "boyfriends."

If blacks (or any race) were to lessen their rate of divorce and illegitimacy, that would do far more to improve their children's future than any government program or corporate handout.
While I don't dispute this, why did you cut out the rest of my post? I mentioned everything else for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies