Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 06:17 PM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Response: Opinion

Correction
Your body , your choice............
If you die as a result of the Covid shot....
have Your family sue on your behalf if you
gainfully employed ,had no choice but to get
the shot or face termination and are now dead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 06:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yep, one bad one after another (trust me, he knows it and is just trying to incite a fight). It's not even worth a reply.
Wtf?

Ask around in here. Everyone hates me.

I get called a Republican by the Democrats and Democrat by the Republicans all the time.

That’s how I know I’m doing well.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:05 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Another person using inflammatory language to make a point instead of facts. The purpose of employers requiring vaccines is to make a safe workplace. Even after most people are vaccinated there will still be vulnerable people who face serious illness and death if they are infected.
My boss and a teammate have both taken more time off than provided as an incentive to deal with side effects of the vaccination. I believe that my boss's words were, "The second shot knocked me on my ass".

My teammate told me this afternoon that he hasn't felt right since his second shot two weeks ago. He has been struggling with aches and pains in his neck and back. He is only 54.

My Dad complained of extreme pain in his neck, shoulder, and side after his first shot, a day before experiencing the sudden onset of a near-deadly UTI that was undetected during his appointment two days prior to the shot.

Dad also told me of several episodes where Mom complained of pain in her legs and back and difficulty breathing (the latter was dismissed as claustrophobia) a few weeks after her first shot. She is now dead.

So I really don't GAF what you think.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Add the VA to the list:

“July 26 Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough announced he will make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for Title 38 VA health care personnel — including physicians, dentists, podiatrists, optometrists, registered nurses, physician assistants, expanded-function dental auxiliaries and chiropractors — who work in Veterans Health Administration facilities, visit VHA facilities or provide direct care to those VA serves.
VA is taking this necessary step to keep the Veterans it serves safe.
Each employee will have eight weeks to be fully vaccinated.”

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pres...se.cfm?id=5696

Old 07-27-2021, 04:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Don't take the shot, then that's your choice to be proactive in not spreading it or suffering from it.
Who is you? Anyone who doesn't take the vaccine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
As long a even one person is not vaccinated, vulnerable people (autoimmune disease, chemo, many others) can be infected and die.
As long as one person drives a car, plenty of people can get hurt in a car accident.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:07 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Add the VA to the list:

“July
26 Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough announced he will make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for Title 38 VA health care personnel — including physicians, dentists, podiatrists, optometrists, registered nurses, physician assistants, expanded-function dental auxiliaries and chiropractors — who work in Veterans Health Administration facilities, visit VHA facilities or provide direct care to those VA serves.
VA is taking this necessary step to keep the Veterans it serves safe.
Each employee will have eight weeks to be fully vaccinated.”

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pres...se.cfm?id=5696
Add the entire federal government, lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/polit...ion/index.html

"President Joe Biden will announce on Thursday a requirement that all federal employees and contractors be vaccinated against Covid-19, or be required to submit to regular testing and mitigation requirements, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter."

Old 07-27-2021, 05:16 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Makes a lot of sense to require vaccinations rather than constant testing, not that testing won't have it's moments. More companies will follow. I'm surprised that many of the meat processing plants are not listed.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:18 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radex View Post
Its good seeing the list of companies so we know which ones to avoid!!
Because of the politics, or the medical risk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies