Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 03:19 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Define "anti-vaccine".

People who will not get the vaccine, especially the people who post misinformation about the risk. If they smoke they are taking a huge risk. If the drive, take supplements, take OTC or prescriptions, they are taking a much bigger risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What is the point of this thread anyway? I got yelled at by the op when I answered his question.

The way you answered the question. You make it sound like since YOU don't know that there aren't any.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What is the point of this thread anyway? I got yelled at by the op when I answered his question.

The point is smoking, being fat, drinking, driving, OTC and prescription drugs are many orders of magnitude more dangerous than the COVID-19 vaccines. Hundreds of millions of doses plus clinical trials all over the world prove it.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
There are people who simply take the vaccine and "vaccine pushers". The latter rarely applies sound logic to their arguments so pointless threads shouldn't be a surprise either. After all, many in this group refuse to give up masks even when fully vaccinated. They also push their madness on the weakest among us and insist on masking two years old's. They can't wait to start injecting the toddlers and babies. I give up trying to figure them out.

The point is simple, there are people who cannot be vaccinated (chemo patients, autoimmune disorders) and there are people who will not generate a strong immune response. People who are not vaccinated can infect and kill those people. Your freedom does not superseded their freedom. That is why in most places you cannot smoke in indoor public places.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The way you answered the question. You make it sound like since YOU don't know that there aren't any.
I answered your question honestly and you got angry and defensive. Maybe you’re mad to hear that I don’t smoke and don’t personally know anyone who is anti vaccine who does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The point is smoking, being fat, drinking, driving, OTC and prescription drugs are many orders of magnitude more dangerous than the COVID-19 vaccines. Hundreds of millions of doses plus clinical trials all over the world prove it.
All of those things put one at much greater risk when it comes to covid or any other illness for that matter. You seem really angry and upset that not everyone wants this vaccine.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:44 PM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I smoke and haven't been vaxxed yet. YET. Wife and I are watching and waiting for results from different vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer...) and from seeing the J&J blood clot symptoms, which ones to steer away from. It's a shocker, I know! Even though we smoke and inhale cancer.

Don't look down on others who smoke and are against vaccines. Until you know how addictive cigs are and the mental and physical problems associated with trying to quit is.I slowed down a lot from smoking, took up walking and exercising. And my wife knows, if I try to quit right now, it could be hazardous to people's health at home because of the stress that adult kids and their offspring creates at home with the never at fault, never does more than anything necessarily, and the constant lying of 4 narcissistic psychopaths that unfortunately live with me and my wife.

It was a sad day when I told her I rather be at work than home with them living there.

But hey, apparently people think what's best for others. Especially when they have absolutely no clue on what goes on in other people's private lives.
Unless you were already a teenager when the Surgeon General’s report came out (1966, IIRC), why did you start smoking ?

Old 05-27-2021, 04:10 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Unless you were already a teenager when the Surgeon General’s report came out (1966, IIRC), why did you start smoking ?
Some of you act like choir boys. But I got news for ya, no matter how healthy you try to live your life, you're gonna die.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:14 PM

4,206 posts, read 3,754,397 times
Quote:
I don't smoke but I used to. I didn't care that it was unhealthy, I just enjoyed it. I also go to the gym 5 days a week, not because I care about my health, but because I want to look good. Point being, people do things for different reasons even though it may seem absurd to others. Just let people be people and if what they are doing bothers you, just walk away or change the subject.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I don't smoke but I used to. I didn't care that it was unhealthy, I just enjoyed it. I also go to the gym 5 days a week, not because I care about my health, but because I want to look good. Point being, people do things for different reasons even though it may seem absurd to others. Just let people be people and if what they are doing bothers you, just walk away or change the subject.
Well that's the thing. Many people just can't help being in your business at all times

Old 05-30-2021, 11:05 AM

1,665 posts, read 973,088 times
Quote:
Because I was a violent teenager. I took part of some knock out games way before it became popular. I had a short fuse. If a person looked at me in a bad way, I would fix his face. It calmed my nerves.

It was the only thing that gave me a time out, to start thinking about how my actions were leading me to incarceration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies