Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 12:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Masks did absolutely nothing. The studies all said they did nothing, and Fauci and the CDC initially stated this. But then, all of a sudden, they changed their minds and wanted everyone to wear them.

I think they war gamed it out, and determined that forcing people to wear masks would anger everyone and give a Biden a better chance to win the election.

At this point, the only reason we aren’t back to normal is because a lot of people prefer to live the way we did during this fake pandemic.
Hey, it’s a hoax today!

Synchronize your watches everyone. Tomorrow it will be real again and of course “ChiComs this, ChiComs that” will be touted about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 12:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh FFS. American Trump supporters have got to be the most self absorbed people on the planet.

The rest of the globe did not mask up in a concerted effort to get your boy out of office. People in other countries did not sacrifice their lives and livelihoods just to get your boy out of office. Doctors and nurses did not go through months of hell and risk of bodily harm just to get your boy out of office.

The narcissism of this sentiment is unbelievable. The world does not revolve around your boy and your efforts to obscure the plain fact that he lost.
You make some good points but how do I know that Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Jewish space lasers didn’t instruct you to say all this?

Ever think of that?

Old 05-27-2021, 01:28 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Meh, too many variables.

Non-compliance, wearing them incorrectly, more private gatherings in small places because daddy government shut down places.

An unhealthy nation.

A very very unhygienic nation.

People who purposely went against any protocol for political spite.

Even Team Blue broke Covid rules if a riot was in order.

Physically, mentally, and emotionally...this place is a mess.
Which doesn’t change the numbers as to whether the mask mandates worked. If you had non-compliance, the masks weren’t working. Say a teacher mandated no cell phone texting during class because kids cheated using them but it turns out the teacher couldn’t force the kids to stay off their phones and they continued texting answers to each other despite the policy, the end result is the cell phone policy was ineffective at preventing cheating. Sure, it would have worked had they been able to confiscate the cellphone and suspended a couple to make a point, but parents and administrators don’t allow that. So, the bottom line is the policy didn’t work - not because the causation between texting access and cheating didn’t exist, but because there were extraneous variables that could not be controlled.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:57 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Mask mandates don't work. No one catches COVID19 walking outdoors, or grocery shopping. These mandates were aimed at some edge case of transmission.

One can look at real world data, and see no evidence of mask mandates doing anything. I stated so last year. People who cling to the idea mask mandates do something always respond: "without them, it would be worse".

Old 05-27-2021, 03:15 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
You make some good points but how do I know that Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Jewish space lasers didn’t instruct you to say all this?

Ever think of that?
Oof! (Shhhhhhhh)

Old 05-27-2021, 03:39 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Anecdotal evidence suggests masks work but even if they do, I don't think it's worth it just to prevent getting sick. Getting sick happens. People who are high risk can wear an N-95 if they are worried and let the other 80% of the population not wear one if they don't want too.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:52 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Ugly people with bad teeth love their masks.

My work finally lifted the mask mandate.

Now I have to start trimming my nose hair again......

Old 05-27-2021, 03:57 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Meh, too many variables.

Non-compliance, wearing them incorrectly, more private gatherings in small places because daddy government shut down places.

An unhealthy nation.

A very very unhygienic nation.

People who purposely went against any protocol for political spite.

Even Team Blue broke Covid rules if a riot was in order.

Physically, mentally, and emotionally...this place is a mess.
When you're OCD and everyone else around you doesn't behave exactly how you want them to...

Old 05-27-2021, 04:00 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Using their logic:

NYC and rural Kansas both have laws requiring the wearing of seat belts but NYC has a lot more car accident deaths so that means seat belts are of no use.

Is U of Louisville that stupid that they don't get into account the population and density?

There is no logic in what you wrote. It's shocking you can even button your shirt or tie your shows.

Let's use their logic, with your example.

If NYC had seatbelt laws, and Kansas did not, and we saw no difference in deaths in autoaccidents between Kansas and NYC when adjusting for car accidents, we'd conclude seat belt laws don't work.

FYI, seatbelt laws are unenforceable. I never wear mine. Never got a ticket for it either. Most people who wear seatbelts do it out of perceived self interest.

Going back to their study, they showed that mask mandates did not impact the growth of infections in medium-high transmission environments, but had some impact in low transmission environments.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:06 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...dates-n2589990

Well, this is surprising to nobody who has been paying attention for the past year, as long as they haven't been paying attention to the paid liars in the MSM and the Democrat Party.

As more and more ACTUAL science comes out along with the data we ALREADY know, those of us who knew all along that the COVID-19 response was purely political are being proven correct.

The overreaction was simply a means for the Democrats to change voting rules, mail out millions of ballots, and blame Trump for the pandemic. Unfortunately their plan succeeded at a cost of destroying millions of American lives. They got away with it.
Exactly and they succeeded because they largely control the MEDIA and the weak minded, useful idiot Democrat supporters believe their Propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies