U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM

13,584 posts, read 4,471,253 times

Advertisements

This is absolutely terrible, and it COULD have been prevented. There was absolutely no reason for kids to not be able to return to in-person learning once it had been established that they were under VERY little risk. I am talking about returning to school for the full term starting in August or September 2020.

The Democrats, Dr. Fauci and his medical "experts", and the leftist media have so much to answer for, and I hope that this will never be forgotten nor forgiven!

And, sorry, but saving a bunch of old people was not, in my opinion (and I'm 67!) worth risking the lives of almost every single one of our children! If people felt endangered, it was up to THEM to protect themselves -- and not expect everyone else to live in fear.

I am absolutely heartsick and livid about this!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM

19,678 posts, read 9,318,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Whatta bet theyre already on head meds? Theres been a push to medicate youngsters for years. Yep, call me a conspiracy theorist. Whether it be for big pharma $ or to dumb down the populace or both.
Mothers little helper is no longer just for mom.
I’m sure many of them have gotten on anti-depressants and how sad is that that kids are needing to be medicated to deal with depression and anxiety that was created by adults leading the pandemic response without any regard to the harm it was causing people.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is absolutely terrible, and it COULD have been prevented. There was absolutely no reason for kids to not be able to return to in-person learning once it had been established that they were under VERY little risk. I am talking about returning to school for the full term starting in August or September 2020.

The Democrats, Dr. Fauci and his medical "experts", and the leftist media have so much to answer for, and I hope that this will never be forgotten nor forgiven!

And, sorry, but saving a bunch of old people was not, in my opinion (and I'm 67!) worth risking the lives of almost every single one of our children! If people felt endangered, it was up to THEM to protect themselves -- and not expect everyone else to live in fear.

I am absolutely livid about this!
I am too. It was so predictable that doing this to kids was going to cause great harm and no one in authority would listen. Some districts did manage to get kids back to full in person and found that it was safe and other districts refused in spite of the data showing it could be done.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:53 AM

35,751 posts, read 14,312,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

I am absolutely heartsick and livid about this!
The Democrats didn't think you'd mind because you always say how much you hate public schools.

Oh wait...

Old 05-27-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The Democrats didn't think you'd mind because you always say how much you hate public schools.

Oh wait...

The person you’re addressing is a former liberal. I am too. I don’t think most Republicans hate public schools. If they did, they wouldn’t send their kids there.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:12 AM

13,584 posts, read 4,471,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Oh wait...

Just more jumping to conclusions -- or assumptions. I went to public schools and so did my kids. And as Miss Terri said, I was a liberal (Democrat for over 40 years, until about 2010). It took a LOT for me to turn conservative.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:20 AM

2,195 posts, read 716,265 times
School boards and unions aren't in it for the kids, only in it for political game and for the favor of the teachers. Most schools without air conditioning sure have air conditioning in the faculty room. Many schools that I have seen have lots of flashy steam/tech stuff that the children aren't even allowed to use. The covid protocols my district has in place are completely absurd such as locked playgrounds, mandatory outside mask wearing, plastic barriers that don't cover the full desk. I'm an adult and I hate it I can only imagine how the rest of these children must feel.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:24 AM

3,830 posts, read 863,168 times
Tragic.

What hasn't been stated anywhere in the media [that I've seen] is over 150,000 Americans lost their lives last year due to lockdowns. Most from missing preventative care.

One of my friends is an example. He was feeling a bulge in his groin, and suspected it may be a hernia. But due to lockdowns did not get it looked into. Then one day it burst. He was rushed to the ER and had emergency surgery. He lived, a hernia is usually not life threatening. But this is an example of how missing preventative care can hurt people.

He told me, that while he was in the most excruciating pain in his life, he was taken outside to a tent to be tested for COVID19, before he got any further treatment. Then he spent a night in the ER because the surgeon who did those kind of operations wasn't there - probably also due to COVID19 lockdowns but not sure on that one.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
School boards and unions aren't in it for the kids, only in it for political game and for the favor of the teachers. Most schools without air conditioning sure have air conditioning in the faculty room. Many schools that I have seen have lots of flashy steam/tech stuff that the children aren't even allowed to use. The covid protocols my district has in place are completely absurd such as locked playgrounds, mandatory outside mask wearing, plastic barriers that don't cover the full desk. I'm an adult and I hate it I can only imagine how the rest of these children must feel.
So true. A few years ago I supported the local teacher’s union when they went on strike for better wages. I’ve lost all respect for the Union (not teachers but the teacher’s Union) over the last year. I don’t think many of them have realized how much support they’ve lost and not just support, they’ve made enemies.

Old 05-27-2021, 10:31 AM

25,338 posts, read 15,126,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A major children’s hospital in Aurora Colorado has declared a state of emergency in pediatric mental health after their hospital has become overwhelmed with kids attempting suicide as well as seeking inpatient help for mental health.

They’ve seen a 90% increase in demand for mental health treatment and they lay the blame on the isolation that kids experienced during the pandemic.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...emergency.html

What the adults in this country, particularly those making decisions about school closures (school boards, teacher’s unions, governors, health officials) and shutting down sports, extracurriculars etc. for so long was short sighted and abusive. Kids were never at much risk from covid and many were seriously harmed while trying to keep all higher risk adults safe.
Liberalism is a suicide cult.

When family norms, values, and rules are replaced with celebration of perversion, war on the police, and abandoning Christianity, there will be such consequences.

Liberalism brings no joy or peace to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies