Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 07:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

A major children’s hospital in Aurora Colorado has declared a state of emergency in pediatric mental health after their hospital has become overwhelmed with kids attempting suicide as well as seeking inpatient help for mental health.

They’ve seen a 90% increase in demand for mental health treatment and they lay the blame on the isolation that kids experienced during the pandemic.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...emergency.html

What the adults in this country, particularly those making decisions about school closures (school boards, teacher’s unions, governors, health officials) and shutting down sports, extracurriculars etc. for so long was short sighted and abusive. Kids were never at much risk from covid and many were seriously harmed while trying to keep all higher risk adults safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 08:22 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,925 times
I do think certain groups are setup for this. Like musicians and actors with drugs, why would you do something to hurt your brain? Of course addiction is a big part of it, after the mistake is made.

I think there is also a large segment of the population that lives in abject fear of covid. Im not sure there is much that could be done about it. And a Dartmouth study claims US media abused people more than other countries, that they went all negative, even as things started to turn around. Part of that was probably driven by Trump hate as news media is really just propaganda now for the democratic party.

You see it especially in schools as you mention. some went back to full days + masks very early. Ours went to half days early and I was disappointed they didnt at some point switch to full days. But what can you do when people are literally terrified.

I had a consultant in a few weeks ago from Washington state, he was vaccinated and didnt want to go out to eat. Even after I told him our county has the lowest infection rate for the state, just a sliver of cases. He told me this is really serious !

I blame our health agencies the most, they went all in on vaccines and abandoned their drug program last May if you believe McCullough. Cant help but feel they have exploited this entire thing. Corruption has consequences. Even now with loads of ivermectin evidence, they are pretending nothing will work except the vaccine(and you see they have many on this board who toe the line for whatever reason). They could have approved it November or December for emergency use, but that would have cut into their Moderna profits.. - link , link2, link3

Last edited by Rom623; 05-27-2021 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-27-2021, 08:27 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
No surprise. Another result of the left's drive to turn the nation into a living hell. Many people do not want to live in hell and some will, no doubt, refuse to do so.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:31 AM

I heard so many adults who were fine with using kids as shields to protect themselves from covid that “kids are resilient” and that if the kids had any anxiety or depression due to the isolation it was the fault of parents for not making their isolation a positive thing. It was and is infuriating.

I really hope most kids (those who don’t successfully kill themselves) recover from this without lasting issues. So many were harmed.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
I've had the opportunity to contrast and compare with my brother's children who live here in Austin and have been back at school since last year, and my best friend who lives in LA's children, who are still at home over a year later.

It's so painfully obvious which kids are happier. My niece is back in cheerleading, my nephew back in baseball. My best friend's kids are experiencing emotional problems, gaining weight, and struggling to smile every day.

This is such a travesty.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:37 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Republicans supporting government schools just like their last 4 Presidents.

Good, good. Let’s Marx it up.

Government edicts determine you and your child’s happiness.

Good, good. Marx it up some more.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Republicans supporting government schools just like their last 4 Presidents.

Good, good. Let’s Marx it up.

Government edicts determine you and your child’s happiness.

Good, good. Marx it up some more.
Why is everything about Democrats and Republicans with you? I am in neither camp.

Do you any concern for the kids who were harmed?

Old 05-27-2021, 08:38 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Whatta bet theyre already on head meds? Theres been a push to medicate youngsters for years. Yep, call me a conspiracy theorist. Whether it be for big pharma $ or to dumb down the populace or both.
Mothers little helper is no longer just for mom.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I've had the opportunity to contrast and compare with my brother's children who live here in Austin and have been back at school since last year, and my best friend who lives in LA's children, who are still at home over a year later.

It's so painfully obvious which kids are happier. My niece is back in cheerleading, my nephew back in baseball. My best friend's kids are experiencing emotional problems, gaining weight, and struggling to smile every day.

This is such a travesty.
That is a good contrast to be able to see. Some districts managed to open up as they could see that the harm of keeping kids home was too much, while others stayed closed and only cared about covid, nothing else. All the while, the data showed that schools were not places where covid was spreading easily. So much damage and for very little, if any benefit.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:42 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why is everything about Democrats and Republicans with you? I am in neither camp.

Do you any concern for the kids who were harmed?
Actually I do which is why I’m immune to your faux simpering.

Simpering: affectedly coy or ingratiating

$15K per year, roughly, over my 13 years in the indoctrination centers learned me that word. Got your money’s worth, didn’t ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies