Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 10:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I guess Iran complained to Biden and said they needed help funding all the terrorism in the region. A lot of mouths to feed: Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, Shia militia in Iraq, Syrian Arab Republic.

Biden knows if he gives money directly to Iran, most people don’t like it, including Democrats.

But if he gives it directly to the terrorists, it keeps Ilhan Omar, Tlaib, and AOC very content. So the Democrats will support that.

Seriously though, if you want to destabilize the region, just inject the Iranian side with cash and then sit back and watch the chaos.
How long has Israel, and its overseas Jewish allies been complaining and getting reparation money, and FMF from everyone else?

How much money have we given the Arab nations as part of the peace process on behalf of Israel? If anyone in the region is sucking blood it is Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
No, for several reasons.

First, it is a matter of priorities. The Israelis aren't living in poverty. Maybe fix that, before worrying about how you are going to plan your next attack.

Second, and more importantly, we (the USA) require them to use that money on defense. We give it to them in the form of military finance grants, so they don't exactly have a choice in the matter. They can't go out and build infrastructure with it. They have to do that with their own money, which nobody can accuse them of short changing their infrastructure, and bettering the lives of their citizens.
Why we or anyone be giving Israel any money for anything in the first place? What benefit does it do for anyone besides Israel? Whatever Israel's beef with its neighbors has nothing to do with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It's a nice thought, but history has shown that if you give the Palestinians better infrastructure, they'll just find a way to use it to further their terroristic aims, and eventually it'll get destroyed. Heck, the "world community" gave them an entire international airport out of the dirt, and it lasted only two years before Israel was forced to destroy it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser...tional_Airport

If we really want to solve the never-ending Palestinian-caused crises, I can think of only two ways. One, we invade their land, depose their leaders, install our own rulers, completely remake their society, and reprogram them to live as normal people instead of blood-thirsty savages. In other words, we do what we did with Germany and Japan at the end of World War II. (And let the record show that it worked.)

The second way would be to do to the Palestinians what the Palestinians want to do to the Jews.
We been giving Israel $3bil a year for as long as I think I have been alive if not longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't think HAMAS or Iran have any Congressmen unless you include Omar, Tlaib, Presley or AOC
Israel has the whole Dem Cabinet, and a lot of Trumps Admin, and I can probably go back even further.
We been giving Israel $3bil a year for as long as I think I have been alive if not longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 10:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
I called it. Anti-Israel Terrorist supporting administration. Can't wait till Biden has a stroke.
Its going to blow your mind when you realize Israel itself sends more money to Palestine than the rest of the world combined.

Old 05-29-2021, 12:13 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its going to blow your mind when you realize Israel itself sends more money to Palestine than the rest of the world combined.
And let them keep doing it. They should also fund everything they need to do by themselves, and not leach off US taxpayers.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:02 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Nowhere near what we give to Israel yearly so whatever. When we stop giving to both sides then come talk to me.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:33 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nowhere near what we give to Israel yearly so whatever. When we stop giving to both sides then come talk to me.
Thank goodness, finally a poster that understands how our military and international aide are allocated.

Portions of the funds: The bulk of the money will go through the U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees – United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) – which received $150 million. Another $10 million will be disbursed through USAID for peace-building programs; and $75 million will fund economic and development assistance in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Security assistance programs also will restart.

Last time I checked in 1950 U.S. taxpayers have sent over $6.3 billion through the United Nations to subsidize Palestinian refugees living in Gaza, the West Bank, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon.

clearly some United States misguided citizens and politicians do not support the UNITED NATIONS.

Well actually they do if like Number 45, the cause lines his families pockets .

Old 05-29-2021, 05:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It’s amazing that Israel is so generous with Palestinians who, after all, elected Hamas - terrorists sworn to Israel’s obliteration.

Last edited by Rachel976; 05-29-2021 at 06:04 AM..

Old 05-29-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank goodness, finally a poster that understands how our military and international aide are allocated.

Portions of the funds: The bulk of the money will go through the U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees – United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) – which received $150 million. Another $10 million will be disbursed through USAID for peace-building programs; and $75 million will fund economic and development assistance in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Security assistance programs also will restart.

Last time I checked in 1950 U.S. taxpayers have sent over $6.3 billion through the United Nations to subsidize Palestinian refugees living in Gaza, the West Bank, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon.

clearly some United States misguided citizens and politicians do not support the UNITED NATIONS.

Well actually they do if like Number 45, the cause lines his families pockets .
U.N. is very biased, but it’s clear many misguided or outright antisemitic citizens and politicians - just about all Democrats - support a pro-Arab, anti-Israel body.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:33 AM

Wow. It’s sure clear that the New Democrat Party is the New Anti-Israel Party. If I’ve counted corrected, the only two Republicans against Israel are Sumerian and NJ Brazen. Everyone else is a liberal, and among them, some blatant antisemites.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:57 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
And let them keep doing it. They should also fund everything they need to do by themselves, and not leach off US taxpayers.
You might want to examine why you are so mad at Israel. They are just accepting he money. If I walked up to you and handed you $10,000, you wouldn't take it? Would taking it make you a "leach" <sic>?

You show more contempt for the government accepting the money than you do for the country giving it. This kind of thinking is exactly the kind of thing that makes people wonder whether or not "anti-Isreal" is really just a cover for anti-Jew.

Not to mention that $3B isn't even a lot of money for us anymore. We have devalued the dollar to the point where $3B is chump change for us. We have a national debt of $28T, and we pay more than $1B a day in interest, alone. Our budget is $21T, making the $3B we pay to Israel, only 0.014% of our yearly budget. This was a much better argument a couple of decades ago when $1B was still a lot of money.

Like I said to that other poster, if you dont like it, write your congressman.

Old 05-29-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You might want to examine why you are so mad at Israel. They are just accepting he money. If I walked up to you and handed you $10,000, you wouldn't take it? Would taking it make you a "leach" <sic>?

You show more contempt for the government accepting the money than you do for the country giving it. This kind of thinking is exactly the kind of thing that makes people wonder whether or not "anti-Isreal" is really just a cover for anti-Jew.

Not to mention that $3B isn't even a lot of money for us anymore. We have devalued the dollar to the point where $3B is chump change for us. We have a national debt of $28T, and we pay more than $1B a day in interest, alone. Our budget is $21T, making the $3B we pay to Israel, only 0.014% of our yearly budget. This was a much better argument a couple of decades ago when $1B was still a lot of money.

Like I said to that other poster, if you dont like it, write your congressman.
His “tell” was the disdain he revealed for “Jewish allies.” There are plenty of Christians who recognize that Israel deserves to defend itself, yet the complaint is about the Jews.

I always ask if hating Israel has nothing to do with antisemitism, why do so many of the posters get a dig in about Jews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies