Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should CRT be taught in our schools?
Yes 91 16.34%
No 447 80.25%
Other 19 3.41%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 02:23 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Certainly not as a mandatory class. Even as an elective I don't like it but at least then parents would be able to opt their children out of it. Typically these classes are required to pass the grade though and I'm a flat out no on that one.

People who are against anti-CRT bills in various states often say they are against it for free speech reasons but is it really a matter of free speech when A) it's coming from a mouthpiece of the state and B) it is being presented to a captive audience?
The people who are fighting anti-CRT laws don't give two sh*ts about free speech. If they did, they would never support CRT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 02:33 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Teaching lies as truth is not a matter of "free speech." If I were to stand before a classroom and teach that two plus two is seventeen, should I have a right to do that (via "free speech") or should my ass be fired?

If an instructor is allowed to stand before a classroom and spew CRT bilge, that teacher should also be free to spew white supremacy bilge and any other random bilge. Teach the kiddies that the moon is made of Swiss cheese. That's actually more accurate that "critical race theory" (which is racism with a handy-dandy new name).

Old 05-28-2021, 02:38 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Should white supremacy be taught in our schools?

If the answer is no, then it is likewise no for the OP question.
Anything that is good and wonderful about America would be called white supremacy now so what do we do?

Old 05-28-2021, 03:03 PM

727 posts, read 304,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Uh no.

Dr. Seuss pulled their own books themselves. Yes a lot of books produced during the time had racist imagery and overtones.
Racist how? Appears the word racism is thrown around like any common word nowadays.

Old 05-28-2021, 03:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach13. View Post
They canceled Liz Cheney. Tried to cancel Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid, the NFL, the NBA, the MLB, Twitter, Facebook, Coca-Cola, Nike anyone who supported BLM, Cardi-B, various Hollywood actors/actresses, and most importantly they tried to cancel the results of the most recent election.

So the right most certainly make attempts to engage in cancel culture behavior, but due to their minority status, they usually fail at outright canceling anyone, but if they could successfully cancel people/things like the left does, there is no doubt in my mind they would be abusing that power left and right.
CRT is trying its best to cancel America. It’s sort of important not to fund your subversion…

Old 05-28-2021, 03:10 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I’d like to see exactly what they are teaching. I now see I was told many lies when I went to school. I’m glad the truth is coming out but if anything- this be a highschool subject. Stick to the three Rs in grade and middle school.
"I now see I was told many lies when I went to school."
What? Like these were honorable men and women and CRT is Anti Racism?

What other party can have KKK members as US Senators and Secret meetings between their best President and the most Racist Black Minister in US history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9YquW1hI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9dwhWAopog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc

Old 05-28-2021, 03:15 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
CRT is trying its best to cancel America. It’s sort of important not to fund your subversion…

We see what they have done to Detroit, Baltimore, DC, and now Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, SF, LA. Next CRT and your town. These idiots Screw-up everywhere they go

Old 05-28-2021, 03:15 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
It is just a theory right? The only rebuttle to disprove it is that blacks are lazy, unmotivated, self hating, want handouts, suffer from self -victimization and won't stop voting for Democrats. Perhaps that could be taught in schools to explained the race problem in America.

Old 05-28-2021, 03:16 PM

6,662 posts, read 2,966,569 times
I need to watch some CRT videos, but I am afraid I will barf,..lol.

It all amounts to , history told by a bitter wokester trying to justify their easy degree they thought was cool.

Ultimately, hate whitey. That's the end goal right of CRT, right?

I would be more on board with Critical Behavior Theory.

Old 05-28-2021, 03:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Uh no.

Dr. Seuss pulled their own books themselves. Yes a lot of books produced during the time had racist imagery and overtones.
No, they were pushed by Critical Race Theorists and they capitulated after a fairly long time frame where all the usual accusations were made.

Quote:
The theoretical frameworks used to guide this study consist of critical literacy and critical race theory.
https://sophia.stkate.edu/cgi/viewco...=1050&context=

They didn’t stop there, either:

Quote:
Current Activism
As critical race scholar-activists, we engaged stakeholders, including youth, families, and teachers from racially marginalized communities, to identify and document existing forms of resistance to Seuss' racist works.
It’s almost like they were trained to see racism everywhere and in every interaction and believe that racism never ends and requires a never ending amount of resources to combat it:

Quote:
Basic Tenets of Anti-racist Education
 Racism exists today, in both traditional and modern forms
 All members of this society have been socialized to participate in it
 All white people benefit from racism, regardless of intentions; intentions are irrelevant.
 No one here chose to be socialized into racism (so no one is “bad’). But no one is neutral – to not act
against racism is to support racism.
 Racism must be continually identified, analyzed and challenged; no one is ever done
 The question is not ”did racism take place”? but rather “how did racism manifest in that situation?”
 The racial status quo is comfortable for most whites. Therefore, anything that maintains white comfort
is suspect. If you are white, practice sitting with and building your stamina for racial discomfort.
https://robindiangelo.com/wp-content...-page-2016.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies