Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 06:34 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

I was figuring that the main reason Reps were fighting an investigation into the insurrection was because they were pretty sure it would implicate a few elected officials in having abetted the rioters. But now I'm hearing that it's more tame than that, just that Reps are worried about bad publicity apropos of mid-terms.

(It's funny to hear Reps ask why Dems are "scared" of the Arizona audit, when of course the truth is that there have already been audits, real ones, objective ones, and Dems weren't "scared" at all.)

How The Storming Of The Capitol Became A ‘Normal Tourist Visit’
By Thomas B. Edsall

It is no wonder that Republican leaders in the House do not want to convene a truth and reconciliation commission to scrutinize the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. The more attention drawn to the events of that day, the more their party has to lose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/o...ol-attack.html

https://scienceproduction.com/analys...tourist-visit/

Old 05-28-2021, 06:39 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I was figuring that the main reason Reps were fighting an investigation into the insurrection was because they were pretty sure it would implicate a few elected officials in having abetted the rioters. But now I'm hearing that it's more tame than that, just that Reps are worried about bad publicity apropos of mid-terms.

(It's funny to hear Reps ask why Dems are "scared" of the Arizona audit, when of course the truth is that there have already been audits, real ones, objective ones, and Dems weren't "scared" at all.)

How The Storming Of The Capitol Became A ‘Normal Tourist Visit’
By Thomas B. Edsall

It is no wonder that Republican leaders in the House do not want to convene a truth and reconciliation commission to scrutinize the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. The more attention drawn to the events of that day, the more their party has to lose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/o...ol-attack.html

https://scienceproduction.com/analys...tourist-visit/
Republicans are scared of an investigation because the Swamp considers being Republican a crime worse than murder or rape.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
It would be the msm/dems "russiax3" for the next 18 months, and useful idiots would sop it up like the mopes they are.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:41 PM

493 posts, read 192,500 times
You do realize there are already two police agencies investigating the “insurrection,” right?

But the more the merrier i guess.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Oh, I think they are afraid because they are afraid of angering Trump. And Trump is being sued over January 6th. So is Giuliani. And my guess is, Trump and his campaign were likely involved behind the scenes in making January 6th happen. So a public investigation is the LAST thing Trump will likely want.

Trump, Giuliani, Oath Keepers ask judge to dismiss Capitol riot lawsuit
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6ff_story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
You do realize there are already two police agencies investigating the “insurrection,” right?

But the more the merrier i guess.
How many Benghazi investigations did the GOP have? SEVEN. The GOP spent more time investigating Benghazi than they did 9/11.They spent almost $8M, twenty eight months, seven investigations and 33 hearings
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...down/95336692/

But no bipartisan commission into January 6th because that would be too much.

Last edited by Seacove; 05-28-2021 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-28-2021, 06:45 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
More tax dollars …. Circling the drain. The Dems are just being vindictive. If they cared about that sort of thing they’d have at least tried to stifle their own “ peaceful” protests, rather than fiddling while Rome burned.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:47 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Republicans are scared of an investigation because the Swamp considers being Republican a crime worse than murder or rape.
Since most people regard "The Swamp" are referring to Trump's corrupt cronies, your post makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Oh, I think they are afraid because they are afraid of angering Trump. And Trump is being sued over January 6th. So is Giuliani. And my guess is, Trump and his campaign were likely involved behind the scenes in making January 6th happen. So a public investigation is the LAST thing Trump will likely want.

Trump, Giuliani, Oath Keepers ask judge to dismiss Capitol riot lawsuit
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6ff_story.html
Yes. Of course. I'm sorry. I should have included that as an obvious element. You're right.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:55 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Ok, so let’s say they did this “investigation”

What exactly is the outcome democrats would be hoping for? It would somehow result in trump going to prison or what???

Old 05-28-2021, 07:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Ok, so let’s say they did this “investigation”

What exactly is the outcome democrats would be hoping for? It would somehow result in trump going to prison or what???
I want to find out if Trump and his campaign were behind the January 6th riots. I think it's important to know that. We investigated Watergate, why would we not investigate this. I want to know if the GOP is covering up that the president was working behind the scenes to overturn the will of the voters by creating such a spectacle by his supporters that it intimidated Republicans into refusing to certify the election. He already said in the speech that Pence refused to do it. For them to say that, he's saying he asked Pence to do it.

We know what his supporters did. But what about members of Congress? Did they show the protesters around the day before? Did they show where to find Pelosi's office, since it's not easily found? Did they pressure the Capitol Police to "go easy" on Trump supporters as has been said? How involved were GOP members of Congress? How involved was law enforcement? Was the DOJ involved? What about the military? Many protesters were law enforcement and former military. There is actually a lot that needs to be investigated.

Something a right wing pundit said: "you know Antifa wasn't involved because if it was, the GOP would be clamoring for a commission". That is true.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:13 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
I don't care much either way. If the Dems pull another stunt and media crap show, like they did throughout Trump's entire presidency and play games, they will come away looking just as stupid, incompetent and impotent as they did with not one, but two failed (as in failure to convict) "impeachments" and a 2 year, multi-million dollar Muller investigation. They continue to **** away the taxpayers money and make themselves look like fools to the public. I think the public is getting tired of their silly little stunts, their waste of taxpayer dollars and their refusal to work for the American people instead of political grandstanding. Knock yourselves out, children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies