Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 07:20 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Dude, I'm from NJ. My hospital is affiliated with Rutgers. I am very familiar with Rutgers University.

If muslims were being physically attacked, there would be no problem making a statement about Islamophobia. And there would be no condition of including antisemitism in the statement. Hillel would be totally on board with the anti-islamophobia statement. If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

It is only a problem when it is the other way around. And THAT is a problem.
Muslims are being attacked.
I’ve taught there. I disagree.
Students are diverse and outspoken.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:25 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
RU bans Condi Rice from speaking and invites Snooki, all you need to know about RU.

RU, as has J&J, Girl Scouts, US embassy and other's support of BLM become an embarrassment in a reenactment of pre WW2 Germany. Anti Semetic behavior ties in with support of the terrorist group BLM.

Why have we been betrayed by big tech, corporations, media and EDU to the point where they are fomenting violence and division?

The real conflict is between Israel and Iran not Israel and the Palestinians.

Look at a map of the ME and see the narrow splinter of Israel dwarfed by the great land mass of countries surrounding it, who pledge to wipe it off the map. Then tell us Israel is the aggressor.

Largest contingent of foreign students at RU compliment of China. RU has sold its soul for profit.
Another interesting map to look at is the one of Israel/Palestine from 1947 to present.

https://i2.wp.com/www.clearias.com/u...to-Present.jpg

Old 05-29-2021, 07:29 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I get it. He didn’t mention anything about islamophobia which is real issue on that campus. He should have included the “ other” side. Many students, especially the ones who wear hijabs, are subject to racism.
I am very familiar with that campus- large orthodox population and a large Muslim population. Both are very obvious, vocal and proud of their heritage.
It was not good to only condemn hate from one side. He was correct in a swift apology.
And a leftist enters the discussion, expressing support for the wrong thing Rutgers did.

The point is that ANTISEMITIC attacks on on the rise (not ones against Muslims), and so Rutgers condemned them. Does every statement supporting Jews have to watered down so as not to offend? It weakens the message.

Same thing happened when anti-Semite Omar came out with her ****, and the resolution was so watered down that she went back to her constituents and told them Congress issued a resolution against Islamophobia. It was an indirect way of saying that "those Jews aren't going to criticize ME and get away with it."

Old 05-29-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
YOU were a teacher? OK. Now I understand your liberal bias. You're part of the college indoctrination program.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:31 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
You can disagree, but you are wrong. The people in Hillel are against islamophobic attacks. And unlike the pro-Palestinian crowd, they don't see anti-islamophobic statements as a personal affront. They see this as two separate issues, not tied to one another. They would welcome the statement, without condition.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They weren't forced. They made a choice.
They were forced by public opinion, or rather, yielded to it. Sends a message that "we can't be seen sticking up for just Jews."

Old 05-29-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And a leftist enters the discussion, expressing support for the wrong thing Rutgers did.

The point is that ANTISEMITIC attacks on on the rise (not ones against Muslims), and so Rutgers condemned them. Does every statement supporting Jews have to watered down so as not to offend? It weakens the message.

Same thing happened when anti-Semite Omar came out with her ****, and the resolution was so watered down that she went back to her constituents and told them Congress issued a resolution against Islamophobia. It was an indirect way of saying that "those Jews aren't going to criticize ME and get away with it."
Are leftist not allowed to enter the conversation. This one knows a whole lot more about the Rutgers culture than you.
You might even get some real insight from me. Could that even be possible?

Old 05-29-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Are leftist not allowed to enter the conversation. This one knows a whole lot more about the Rutgers culture than you.
You might even get some real insight from me. Could that even be possible?
Nope. You're too biased, and have been indoctrinated by the liberal college bias. YOU could get insight to me as to the rampant anti-Semitic atmosphere being allowed to fester at campuses throughout this country.

Trump had it clamped down a bit (check the dropoff in BDS) when he issued his EO against anti-semitism (against the backdrop of Democrats' objections), but now that the anti-Israel contingent is in the WH, it's full steam ahead.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:37 AM

Since I'm the OP, I will give this note: I will be busy the rest of the day and unable to participate. (Didn't want any liberals accusing me of running away.) Hope to return to this later this evening, or by tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nope. You're too biased, and have been indoctrinated by the liberal college bias. YOU could get insight to me as to the rampant anti-Semitic atmosphere being allowed to fester at campuses throughout this country.
Just ignore my real life experience on that campus. It means nothing because I’m too biased. Sorry I piped in with some actual, on the ground feedback. You know better about it of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies