Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:09 PM

329 posts, read 472,978 times

Advertisements

California will be bankrupt within the next 18-24 months. It is like a giant house of cards ready to collapse. I have been making predictions for the last two years in this forum and people thought I was a nut. Im not an economist but I do have common sense and people need to realize this state is finished.
It will never recover and only decline. The unemployment rate is ready to explode upwards, the crime rate will follow, the quality of life will never recover, you will be living in a state whose demographics will be identical to cities like Tiajuana, Rio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 11:59 PM

178 posts, read 412,472 times
I agree with you...I'm afraid the greedy out of control over spending legislature will continue to come up with some lame to new idea's to steal our tax money from us. Of course having to support millions of people who came here illegally, is the real elephant in the room nobody wants to acknowledge, because it's not PC.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
I agree with you...I'm afraid the greedy out of control over spending legislature will continue to come up with some lame to new idea's to steal our tax money from us. Of course having to support millions of people who came here illegally, is the real elephant in the room nobody wants to acknowledge, because it's not PC.
Spending out of control? what the hell are you talking about?

Spending hasnt increased-the bad economy has caused revenue to go down and now the Governor and Legislature has to figure what to do.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
California will be bankrupt within the next 18-24 months. It is like a giant house of cards ready to collapse. I have been making predictions for the last two years in this forum and people thought I was a nut. Im not an economist but I do have common sense and people need to realize this state is finished.
It will never recover and only decline. The unemployment rate is ready to explode upwards, the crime rate will follow, the quality of life will never recover, you will be living in a state whose demographics will be identical to cities like Tiajuana, Rio.
so much ignorance, so little time to resond.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
so much ignorance, so little time to resond.
Go ahead and respond!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:02 AM

The state increased its budget every year in the belief that personal incomes and property taxes would continue to go up, very short sighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Spending out of control? what the hell are you talking about?

Spending hasnt increased-the bad economy has caused revenue to go down and now the Governor and Legislature has to figure what to do.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Go ahead and respond!
He can't respond because you are correct, this is what the left does1 When someone with the truth speaks it, they respond childlishly by calling them ignorant. California is a extremely regulated state with lots of problems. Overspending is only one of those problems.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
California will be bankrupt within the next 18-24 months.
The State isnt spluring on filet mignon for illegal mexicans the way that some make it sound.

True,
they need to start spending as they go-but we are victims of a national economic slowdown.

Quote:
but I do have common sense and people need to realize this state is finished.
Your corner of SoCal is not representative of the entire state.

Quote:
It will never recover and only decline.
Really?
Our economy has grown by $100 Billion a year the last 3 years in a row. Im sorry. We cant let hiccups cause us to engage in doom and gloom.

Quote:
The unemployment rate is ready to explode upwards, the crime rate will follow, the quality of life will never recover, you will be living in a state whose demographics will be identical to cities like Tiajuana, Rio.
These are all issues at affect the whole nation. Perhaps Canada is where you should go.

Last edited by 18Montclair; 05-12-2008 at 02:49 AM..

Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
$4 to $5 billion is spent on illegal aliens per year (welfare, schooling, medical, etc) in California alone, not to mention the rest of the country.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
$4 to $5 billion is spent on illegal aliens per year (welfare, schooling, medical, etc) in California alone, not to mention the rest of the country.
$4-$5 Billion drowns in our $140 Billion proposed budget for 2008-2009.

Quite frankly,
I can live with that amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies