Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 07:31 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

I do.

I look at the lessons of history and I feel like there is little point fighting. The history of England is all about the Protestants vrs. the Catholics. To me, it sort of seems like the same thing now as the liberals and conservatives. The Protestants were more liberal / progressive and they won.

If you look at recent history in the USA you can see that every progressive push... faces a little push back but in the end... the conservative pushback is always overwhelmed by the "progressive" push.

I feel like there is a reason for this.

- the progressive message is always more appealing for the masses. It is always a message of *love* and *freedom* and *virtue* usually with financial benefits for those who are not smart or talented... and it is a message that those who are not very bright or critical thinkers (which is most of society) are happy to hear.

- looking back through history it does seem that people who are progressives simply have more time on their hands... they are more likely to be dreamers -- artists, unemployed -- while conservatives have family and jobs and simply don't have time to post on message boards, and send in letters to corporations, and protest.

- Everyone wants to be on the winning side. Perhaps I am a turncoat but I feel that the progressives are winning all around me and I feel like I had better just give in for my own benefit.. if I feel that way.. how many have already done so? Does this explain why politicians from congress to local boards are folding left and right? Same with corporations. All signs we are losing.

- I do suspect for a while now there has been voter fraud.. but not in any sort of organized way... just people who are progressives.. small and isolated around the country do what they can... but I think we have reached the tipping point where we will no longer be able to get fair and free elections... there are too many people joining the progressive cause.

Looking at history example it does seem that it just has to happen. We just have to go through it so that generations and see the good and the bad. Ultimately I do think there is some good.

- I do wonder about UBI. I do think the capitalist model is broken and destructive. It is no longer working the way is it supposed to. I do not want UBI but I think it is something that does need to be explored.

- I do happen to think electric cars / solar power / reasonable tech (not AI) are things we should be exploring -- It is just about making this country smart.

- The for profit model has imho ruined medical care and if we don't start pulling back the funds going to the "medical industry" they will become even more hazardous to our health. Single payer might be a way of keeping them under control and not a for profit industry that is very dangerous to the ability to get medical care.

- Housing is just absolutely out of control. I don't know who is buying these houses but not only am I almost priced out, but the speed at which any real estate property is being purchased is faster than I can get an offer in. This tells me that this market is broken...

You can argue that this is a liberal plan to control us... but the point is.. they are in charge at the moment and I don't see us able able to turn this around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 07:49 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
We will need to flood an area of the country, kick out the 3rd world people and social justice losers. 2 state solution.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:53 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Yes with mail ballots, no updated voter rolls, unmonitored ballot boxes, no ID verification, same day registration, lengthy vote days, Republicans don't stand a chance.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:54 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
I don't believe in labeling and have told my wife if I ever utter the words..."I'm proud to be a Republican/Democrat to shoot me on the spot.

Do I believe Republicans will be in disfavor for quite some time? Yes.

It's one thing to try to parade around as being fiscally responsible. It's another to throw people under a bus (business closings and no support for those you put out of business) and also spend as much money as you want as long at it's something you favor (tax law change which was not deficit neutral).

At some point you have to stand for something and it needs to be more than it's opposite of what the Democrats want.

And the Henny Penny routine ain't going to cut it as the sky is not falling just because "your guy" isn't in charge.

P.S. And you're right Arya. The Republicans have got to be the worst communicators I have ever seen.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:57 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
We’ve also lost the youth. They are so programmed by social media. Just check out the news and politics sub forums on Reddit. It’s a left wing mine field. There is NO dissenting opinions allowed. That’s what the country is facing.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:58 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Do you think we are going to lose.
Money always wins.

You need to imagine that you're rich. Imagine that you're Amazon, or Google, or Apple, or Exxon. What do you want?

If you can answer that question, the world will make sense, and the future will become clear.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,330 times
Don't just give in! It just seems like the majority are progressive right now because they have the full backing of the mainstream media that is just bombarding us with the progressive narrative. I believe that conservatives have to step up right now and not be silenced!

Old 05-30-2021, 08:00 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
It's one thing to try to parade around as being fiscally responsible. It's another to throw people under a bus (business closings and no support for those you put out of business) and also spend as much money as you want as long at it's something you favor (tax law change which was not deficit neutral).
That is another good point.. you do happen to see republicans are not as firm as they might like you to think, sure some are RINOs, but when you see that they support things that are clearly not in the best interest of the USA... you do start to feel - how can you support them any longer?

At least a lot of progressives really do think they are trying to help people and help the USA. The conservatives don't help their cause when they do something that is obviously just about helping their country club friends.

Quote:
We’ve also lost the youth. They are so programmed by social media. Just check out the news and politics sub forums on Reddit. It’s a left wing mine field. There is NO dissenting opinions allowed. That’s what the country is facing.
Yes. Ever seen jury duty? The youth refuse to follow the law or the constitution. They are a major hazard on juries.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:10 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Conserves - control
Libs - live and let live.
That to me is the very root of how the two parties are different. With our world becoming more open and sharing values and information through social media, controllers are going to lose. They are desperately trying to change laws to accommodate the fear and control but they will fall flat on their faces as we grow. Takes time as people are brain washed, but we will get there.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:19 AM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
A combination of factors has now placed conservative thought and reasoning on the defensive , and I do not see it changing in the future. As a mater of principal, I project that it will be more on the defensive should the present trend continue.

One overwhelming factor is the change in College Educated adults in America. Just after WW2 , when the buildup of America kicked into high gear, roughly 6 % of males and 4 % of women had College Degrees.

Today, the figures are in the high 30 % range. What is not emphasized enough , and is left out of the conversation in many cases, is that the principal driver of the economic growth of America came not from the College Graduate, but from the High School Grad and even below. The College Grad many times had the their hand on the throttle , and formulated structures and plans , however the heavy lifting was done by the ordinary, common American worker.

There are some important factors here that separate the College Grad from the non College Grad, the principal and important one is that by attending Institutes of Higher Education, there is a captured audience , secluded from the rest of the working class, with minds to be shaped by those who are in the position to do so.

The Non College graduate has no constraints for information and knowledge, and is free to traverse the landscape , growing, learning and experiencing life and what it offers , from the get go. So many hard working Americans, non College Grads, have worked their way up the socio economic ladder with hard rock and discipline. Compare that with the College Grad that has the impression of entitlement and expectations of qualified guaranteed wealth, success and happiness because of a piece of paper.

The rot and decay presently noticeable within the fabric of present day American life has roots in the Propaganda, “ teachings” and atmosphere present in Higher Education. Some of the most revered institutions are perhaps the biggest culprits. Like a machine spitting out product at the end of the manufacturing process, many of today’s educated minds have been shaped and formed to the exact specifications of anti conservatism thought and beliefs.

You can’t reason with the unreasonable. Unreasonable is a direct result of ignorance and the attempted sculpturing of the mind, which in essence, the more one shapes a mind, the more one can snip off valuable assets. And that’s what we are seeing today in America. A combination of factors, of like minded “ educated” , that never had a limited hand in the dirty work that built the economic engine, but always there to tell you what to do and how to do it.

As long as these mind altering Institutes of Higher Education continue to exist, and poison the well of thought of ever rising segments of the population, conservatism will be fighting for its life.

Last edited by Speegleagle; 05-30-2021 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies