Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should elementary school kids (grades 1 thru 5) be taught sexual education?
YES 17 11.18%
NO 135 88.82%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 04:45 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Uh...no...we don't need to be showing kids videos about "taking the self guided tour", I'm sure they're capable enough to figure that one out on their own when the time is right.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:45 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
If a private school let the market figure it out.

If public, abolish it like all the others.

Too bad Republicans are Marxists and get none of this.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:57 PM

35,001 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The parents who send their kids to Dalton are very rich. All they need to do is take them out, hire private tutors or whatever. If enough parents do this, these elite prep schools will stop with this nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That’s the very posh prep school on the liberal Upper West Side that came out with an offensive “anti-racist” curriculum that was racist against whites. They’re a crazy group of progressives, and this last bit is more evidence of that. I hope parents pull their children out.
One of the fathers withdrew their daughter, and sent an open letter to all parents that was published (link) stating in part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letter from Prep School Parent
I object to the view that I should be judged by the color of my skin. I cannot tolerate a school that not only judges my daughter by the color of her skin, but encourages and instructs her to prejudge others by theirs.
I object to the idea that Blacks are unable to succeed in this country without aid from government or from whites. Brearley, by adopting critical race theory, is advocating the abhorrent viewpoint that Blacks should forever be regarded as helpless victims, and are incapable of success regardless of their skills, talents, or hard work. What Brearley is teaching our children is precisely the true and correct definition of racism.
I object to mandatory anti-racism training for parents, especially when presented by the rent-seeking charlatans of Pollyanna. These sessions, in both their content and delivery, are so sophomoric and simplistic, so unsophisticated and inane, that I would be embarrassed if they were taught to Brearley kindergarteners. They are an insult to parents and unbecoming of any educational institution, let alone one of Brearley's caliber.
I object to Brearley’s vacuous, inappropriate, and fanatical use of words such as “equity,” “diversity” and “inclusiveness.”
My analysis for what it's worth is that most of the school administrators and many of the parents are guilt-stricken about their wealth and want to do something that is rhetorical and feels good. The trouble is the victims are their children. Also it benefits no one.

Last edited by Rachel NewYork; 05-30-2021 at 07:01 PM..

Old 05-30-2021, 04:58 PM

9,113 posts, read 6,155,520 times
This is endemic at all the "posh" private schools. check out brearley. it's interesting to see the surprise in the otherwise liberals faces.

Not sure what the parents thought would happen at these places. Once you are woke, it's hard to get back to sleep.

https://www.newsweek.com/andrew-gutm...theory-1594855

Old 05-30-2021, 05:01 PM

35,001 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
This is endemic at all the "posh" private schools. check out brearley. it's interesting to see the surprise in the otherwise liberals faces.

Not sure what the parents thought would happen at these places. Once you are woke, it's hard to get back to sleep.

https://www.newsweek.com/andrew-gutm...theory-1594855
Great minds think alike. I added Brierly's outrage just above your post.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:04 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,987 times
"Gender assigned at birth"? Who's doing these "assignments"? And are they hiring?

Old 05-30-2021, 05:07 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
I agree. Blame it on the leftist Marxist movement. Next to go could very well be our freedom of speech.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:08 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
They are pushing this in Illinois, too. Not just private schools. SB 818 for the nonbelievers. Teaching masturbation.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:08 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I think fourth grade is about right to teach girls about menstruation (as usual onset is between the ages of 10 and 15), and before that to teach kids about what kinds of touching from adults are wrong. I am against teaching about any kind of sexual relations or transgenderism until the sixth grade.

I am also against teaching minors how to masturbate or how to perform any sexual acts.

How did we ever learn such things without learning about it in school? (sarcasm)

P.S. On Edit: I just saw that as of now, with 24 people voting, 96% of people said they do NOT want sex education taught before the sixth grade. Now even IF 60% of the people who go to the P&OC forum are conservative, that still means that a great number (and perhaps a majority) of liberals are against this, also. So would someone please explain that if the majority of parents do NOT want certain aspects of sexuality taught, then WHY is this kind of thing still being forced in certain schools and/or school districts???

Last edited by katharsis; 05-30-2021 at 05:21 PM..

Old 05-30-2021, 05:16 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think fourth grade is about right to teach girls about menstruation (as usual onset is between the ages of 10 and 15), and before that to teach kids about what kinds of touching from adults are wrong. I am against teaching about any kind of sexual relations or transgenderism until the sixth grade.

I am also against teaching minors how to masturbate or how to perform any sexual acts.

How did we ever learn such things without learning about it in school? (sarcasm)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies