Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should elementary school kids (grades 1 thru 5) be taught sexual education?
YES 17 11.18%
NO 135 88.82%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 04:56 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Call me naive, but why does masturbation have to be taught at all? I’m sure humans have figured it out on their own for tens of thousands of years. Other primates, too. (Not sure about goldfish.)
They aren’t teaching “how” to do it, they’re teaching that if you do do it (which little kids do) that it’s something you do in private, because it’s not appropriate to do it in public.

Which little kids have no idea about (ask me how I know).

My husband and I could have used this video - not only were we completely unaware that small children do it, but we were struggling to find the right balance between communicating that it’s ok to do in private but not in the living room couch or at McDonald’s (yes that happened) without giving the kid a lifelong complex about it.

There was an episode on the tv show House where a frantic mother brought her 4 (or so) year old daughter into the clinic because she was having “seizures” in her car seat. Yeah, not seizures. That was the first I’d ever heard of it.

This is something no one tells you about when you go to baby class. No one. It’s good to get it out in the open, because I’d wager there’s lots of kids who’s parents react very negatively when they discover their kids doing it, and who knows what damage that does in the long run?

Old 05-31-2021, 07:05 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You posted the link, and much of the letter, but apparently didn't read the letter.

The father who withdrew his daughter, and wrote the letter, did so re Brearley.

He was a Brearley parent.

This thread is about Dalton.
I know; same syndrome.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:07 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Can we all at least agree on something?
That this is very, very wrong:

Dalton parents enraged over ‘masturbation’ videos for first graders
https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/dalton...r-1st-graders/

First graders do not need to know about masturbation, in fact no one in elementary school should be exposed to sexual things. That's way too early.
Good god these people are sick.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
It's a private school? Meh. Vote with your wallet parents....

Old 06-01-2021, 01:17 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
If kids are playing doctor, then they are aware and curious about body parts, at the very least. All the more reason to not be shy about teaching them about such. In a factual fun way, and that’ll be the end of it, they won’t see it as any more unusual than anything else they’re taught, like how yo hold a fork.

Why would you teach small kids about adult sexuality (I assume you’re talking about various sex acts you perform as an adult) - not age appropriate I reckon.

But some are masturbating and looking at other kids when they’re preschool age, and I guarantee you it’s a surprise to parents, who think they have to wait until puberty to even think about talking to their children about it.

How many here have found their kids doing this but have never spoken about it? I reckon it’s far more common than patents let on.
After actually watching the cartoon in question I agree. IMO it was quite age appropriate, informative and in no way harmful. Six seems young but kids are smarter these days and there is a lot more sexual confusion than there was in my day, IMO. Better for kids to be informed as long as it is age appropriate. Parents often feel uncomfortable talking about anything sex related and thus dont always formulate a clear understanding.

I will never forget my poor mom trying to explain to me how babies were made when I was about six. I was horrified to say the least.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:06 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Default Dad who exposed woke infiltration at NYC’s elite Brearley School running for Congress in Florida

Hot off the press! Extra extra read all about it! Dad who exposed woke infiltration at NYC’s elite Brearley School running for Congress in Florida (link). Excerpt:
Quote:
“I wrote that letter to my fellow parents at Brearley out of a sense of duty,” Gutmann said of his decision. “Now I run for Congress out of the same sense of duty.”
The “political refugee” argued that slowing the woke infiltration of American institutions will require far greater political representation than currently exists — hence his decision to run.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:13 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Can we all at least agree on something?
That this is very, very wrong:

Dalton parents enraged over ‘masturbation’ videos for first graders
https://nypost.com/2021/05/29/dalton...r-1st-graders/

First graders do not need to know about masturbation, in fact no one in elementary school should be exposed to sexual things. That's way too early.
No because Democrats by their very vote supported this whether they say they agree with it or not.
This is the result of that very vote.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:17 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Why are we suddenly messing with kids at every turn of their evolvement. Why can’t we just let kids be kids? Kindergartners don’t need to know about sex for any reason whatsoever. These people are likely all closet pedophile. When someone is a pedophile they want it normalized around them to avoid guilt etc. this is 101 stuff.
Anyone suggesting such curriculum should have their entire life investigated.
We” aren’t messing with kids - Democrats are…..

Old 04-27-2023, 04:38 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,287 times
This is wild. I did a pretty good job on learning this on my own as a kid. There wasn't a bottle of lotion that could escape my grasps.

Old 04-27-2023, 04:42 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
NYC is all in with grooming kids. They allocated $20K just to fund Drag Queen Story hour in their public schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies