Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 09:35 PM

727 posts, read 304,724 times

Advertisements

Somebody made a thread on Princeton University, a highly Ivy League liberal University. As many other Colleges and Universities, they have fully trained sworn Police Officers, who carry everything except firearms.

The administration and the students feel that is too intimidating to have armed Police on campus and if the need arises, they will call local Police. Patrol rifles are kept in the armory for active shooter situations, instead of in Patrol vehicles.

I'd like to note that Princeton University has had a myriad of crimes on campus, sexual assault, robbery, burglary, auto theft, car jacking and a few others.

These trained Police Officers have the power of arrest and can conduct motor vehicle stops, unarmed.

Opinion: Anyone in a uniform with a Police patch and a marked Patrol unit with the words Police on it should be armed. These Campus Officers go through the same training as Municipal, County, and Sheriff's yet are unarmed due to liberal opinion.

If they want unarmed Police Officers, they should abolish the Police Department and just have unarmed security with no powers of arrest.

https://publicsafety.princeton.edu/about/sworn-officers

Old 05-30-2021, 09:41 PM

23,572 posts, read 12,535,636 times
They need to just do away with campus cops and security and instead just hire unarmed therapists.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They need to just do away with campus cops and security and instead just hire unarmed therapists.
College kids these days already need therapists, you know safe spaces. Good morning, what are you offended by today types.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Somebody made a thread on Princeton University, a highly Ivy League liberal University. As many other Colleges and Universities, they have fully trained sworn Police Officers, who carry everything except firearms.

The administration and the students feel that is too intimidating to have armed Police on campus and if the need arises, they will call local Police. Patrol rifles are kept in the armory for active shooter situations, instead of in Patrol vehicles.

I'd like to note that Princeton University has had a myriad of crimes on campus, sexual assault, robbery, burglary, auto theft, car jacking and a few others.

These trained Police Officers have the power of arrest and can conduct motor vehicle stops, unarmed.

Opinion: Anyone in a uniform with a Police patch and a marked Patrol unit with the words Police on it should be armed. These Campus Officers go through the same training as Municipal, County, and Sheriff's yet are unarmed due to liberal opinion.

If they want unarmed Police Officers, they should abolish the Police Department and just have unarmed security with no powers of arrest.

https://publicsafety.princeton.edu/about/sworn-officers

I think campus police should be carrying weapons, yes. That would make sense.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I think campus police should be carrying weapons, yes. That would make sense.
I agree, however Princeton University does not agree that their Police Officers should be armed. It has been a contentious topic for years.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Abolish all government-funded “education”.

Then the market can work it out.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Abolish all government-funded “education”.

Then the market can work it out.
If I am not mistaken I believe Princeton is a private University? Maybe I a wrong?

Old 05-30-2021, 10:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
If I am not mistaken I believe Princeton is a private University? Maybe I a wrong?
So the market has figured it out already?

What’s the problem then?

Old 05-30-2021, 10:12 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
I agree, however Princeton University does not agree that their Police Officers should be armed. It has been a contentious topic for years.
Sounds like they are due for an active shooter/mass murder situation. It will come. The perp can be a radicalized left wing freak, and then their facebook, Twatter, and any other social media will be pulled from existence by higher powers, and then the Harris/Biden administration will seek to further gun restrictions against completely law abiding Americans in the name of "public safety". It's getting old at this point, yet the leftist lemmings will continue to suck it up.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sounds like they are due for an active shooter/mass murder situation. It will come. The perp can be a radicalized left wing freak, and then their facebook, Twatter, and any other social media will be pulled from existence by higher powers, and then the Harris/Biden administration will seek to further gun restrictions against completely law abiding Americans in the name of "public safety". It's getting old at this point, yet the leftist lemmings will continue to suck it up.
They have had some situations on campus where they had armed suspects but it seems every real world scenario you throw at them they shoot down through their left wing looney academia logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies