Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 07:28 AM

3,662 posts, read 2,943,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Not wearing that grubby, ridiculous mask has to be tops for me.
95% of people are still masking up in stores that do not require them anymore. Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 07:33 AM

1,579 posts, read 949,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Hated those and those that spouted “ the new normal “, nope, not for me.
“The new normal… in these unprecedented times.”

Yep, I’m right there with you.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:35 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,546,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What state are you in?.. sounds like gestapo...never heard an announcement, never much paid attention to the arrows.. too busy looking at what lined the shelves.
Massachusetts.

To be clear, no one followed them. But, I seemed to attract Karens that always were trying to glare me down for not following them or block my access by leaving their carts in the middle of the aisle.

Oh I really hated them. So many people would just stick their carriage in the middle of the aisle so you couldn't get past them.

And ironically it wasn't even stories like Whole foods.. it was like regular stores like Stop and Shop.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:42 AM

1,579 posts, read 949,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Massachusetts.

To be clear, no one followed them. But, I seemed to attract Karens that always were trying to glare me down for not following them or block my access by leaving their carts in the middle of the aisle.

Oh I really hated them. So many people would just stick their carriage in the middle of the aisle so you couldn't get past them.

And ironically it wasn't even stories like Whole foods.. it was like regular stores like Stop and Shop.
That is when you push their carts out of the way. At least, that’s what I do. People almost never say anything to me when I do but the few times they did, it was to apologize to me. I usually replied with a “no worries.” I think most people aren’t doing it on purpose, they are just unaware.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:47 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokePlurp View Post
You are so right about the commercials talking about how “we’re all in this together”.

https://youtu.be/vM3J9jDoaTA

Sums it up^
That has always been progressive code for "do it our way or else" ... Just like when republicans talk about "freedom" ... Well you are free....but no marijuana or abortions. . Authoritarians be behaving like authoritarians behave. Nannies.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:52 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Our public schools in NJ have not lifted any restrictions and many are still on a hybrid and virtual half day model. You have to wear face masks while picking up your kids outside on a field spaces out 20 feet apart and playgrounds are still locked.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:46 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I was in a Lowes and a Walmart yesterday and the mask wearing was about 50-50 with no clear demographic. I still wore my mask but many young and old did not.

I had missed seeing people's smiles during the mask mandates but that may have been just nostalgic thinking because I could not believe the amount of slack jawed mouth breathers that are out roaming the aisles.

I will keep wearing my mask and keep my distance, thanks anyways.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:26 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
What i will enjoy is being able to feel like i live in a free state, i.e. no masks, i have about 9 days to go till i am considered fullly vaccinated and the freedom that will be, will be great.

I also will be very happy when i dont have to listen to the horror stories of the side effects of the vaccine, in other words, it will have no effect on me. because it did scare me for awhile and held up my decision to get vaxxed or not.

now that it is over, i still have not grown an extra ear, nor had convulsions, nor death, nor paralysis, nor infertility, nor other things going around the internet.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No, it isn't the freedom of no masking

No, it isn't the ability to see people's faces

It is that there are no more one way aisle requirements in the supermarkets!

Can I just say -- that was the dumbest thing ever. Not only did exactly no one follow them... but for some reason it seemed to make people more willing to block the entire aisle while they were picking out their food (I guess more Karens requiring you to do what they wanted) but also, if I failed to follow them it set me up for glares...

I also feel it was as subtle way to get you to spend more as if you followed directions you probably would go up and down isles for no reason and pick up more as you left the store (rather than going for just what you wanted).

And also, the joy of not hearing the Lame "announcement" about following the one way directions and "we will all get through this together.

Now if we could only get rid of the airheads who insist on parking their carts in the exact middle of the aisle while they phone home because they're incapable of deciding whether to buy the 7oz or the 7 1/2oz box of corn flakes.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:04 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was in a Lowes and a Walmart yesterday and the mask wearing was about 50-50 with no clear demographic. I still wore my mask but many young and old did not.

I had missed seeing people's smiles during the mask mandates but that may have been just nostalgic thinking because I could not believe the amount of slack jawed mouth breathers that are out roaming the aisles.

I will keep wearing my mask and keep my distance, thanks anyways.
That is hilarious! Slack jawed mouth breathers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies