Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 09:48 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
https://www.insidehook.com/article/s...in-boys-sports

"But the idea that trans boys cannot compete with cis boys on the field is demonstrably false. Mosier making Team USA [he is a tri--athlete] means that he is literally one of the best in his category of all the men in the country. And Bailar, who competed against men while swimming for Harvard University, was ranked 443 out of all 2,983 Division I male swimmers — meaning he beat 85% of the men he swam against. 'The narrative that we’re not capable of [being up there with cis men] at worst excludes trans boys from even stepping into sport,' he says. “And at best, makes them doubt themselves. No matter how you look at it, that narrative is toxic.'”
Ok, I had to look this up. To make Team USA, Mosier finished 5th in his age group, 35-39. 19 competitors in his group and he placed 35th out of 233 overall. The winner finished in 2:06 vs his 2:26, so in about 75% of the time, which is about right in comparing biological men vs biological women.

https://www.racetecresults.com/resul...d=1&dt=0&adv=1

This was the duathlon, not triathlon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 10:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
This calls up the familiar arguments of "She was born a male and thus has some unfair advantages" and "No, that shouldn't make any difference as long as she meets the medical requirements".

I can see this only becoming more common in the future. My bet is that the transgender athletes will eventually win their case over opposing arguments:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/olympic...082503551.html
Look at the plus side. Trans men will get rid of women's sports in a few year!!!! No more women's sports!! Yahoo!

Bye, bye. Even Martina Navortilova knows this is going to happen and she is very knowldedgable of the differences. All pro men would crush any women pro sports. Heck college tennis players would dominate the pro women's circuit. Go trans go! ha, ha, ha. I am living in reality, not the fake lefties world. lol

Old 06-01-2021, 04:46 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Huh, one biological female that happens to be "taller then many men in sports" is supposed to, in and of itself, be meaningful? Height is obviously significant in many sports (e.g. volleyball), finding an odd outlier that meets one specific characteristic (height) doesn't really strengthen any particular argument.
Of course it is. My point however is, the height what would make for the advantage and not the birth gender.
What it comes down to is "sports has never been a level playing field" even within cis-gender individuals. We don't ban Brittney Griner or Liz Cambage from women's basketball just because they are 7ft tall. And at that they are not the best in women's basketball.

In female sports some cis-gender women have advantages over some other cis-gender women. Same as some trans females (who have transitioned) will have advantages over some cis-gender females, and some cis gender females will have advantages over some trans females.

Again I go back to the NCAA where only 1 out of over 200 trans females competed at Division 1. The other 199 or so had no advantages or skill that deemed them to be a Div 1 athlete.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Powerlifting has never been an Olympic sport. It would be good to know what the sports actually are before commenting on them
That will be up to the "International Governing Bodies" of each individual sport. They are the experts. You, myself and others posting here are not.
Right now in women's professional sports here in the US, the WNBA and the WPGA have no trans athlete policy that would allow or dis-allow trans females, however the NWSL (soccer) and the NWHL (hockey) does have a policy that would allow trans females under certain requirements to compete. There has yet to be one talented enough to play in those leagues.

We can agree to dis-agree on the issue, but those that believe this will ruin women's sports, or that men will pretend to be transgender to compete with women is completely absurd.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:09 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
What we will end up with is men's sports for the top biological males and we will have women's sports which will be for transgender biological males. Very few biological women will be able to compete in many sports. It might work in curling.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Look at the plus side. Trans men will get rid of women's sports in a few year!!!! No more women's sports!! Yahoo!

Bye, bye. Even Martina Navortilova knows this is going to happen and she is very knowldedgable of the differences. All pro men would crush any women pro sports. Heck college tennis players would dominate the pro women's circuit. Go trans go! ha, ha, ha. I am living in reality, not the fake lefties world. lol
Ahh, for every female athlete you can name that has publicly came out in opposition I can name one that supports. Just a few off the top of my head;
Candace Parker
Simone Biles
Meghan Duggan
Digit Murphy
Billie Jean King
Megan Rapinoe
Laura Lindsay

Even Caitlyn Jenner just did another flop just a few days ago and said she once again supports after transitioning.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:57 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Bidens insanity…will this ever end

Old 06-01-2021, 05:59 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That will be up to the "International Governing Bodies" of each individual sport. They are the experts. You, myself and others posting here are not.
Right now in women's professional sports here in the US, the WNBA and the WPGA have no trans athlete policy that would allow or dis-allow trans females, however the NWSL (soccer) and the NWHL (hockey) does have a policy that would allow trans females under certain requirements to compete. There has yet to be one talented enough to play in those leagues.

We can agree to dis-agree on the issue, but those that believe this will ruin women's sports, or that men will pretend to be transgender to compete with women is completely absurd.
The whole point is that it's not up to the "experts.". It's being decided by politics.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:59 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
Earlier someone quoted an article stating testosterone needs to be below 10 nanomoles per liter for a transgender to compete. Out of curiosity I googled the average testosterone in biological women. The first search gave results in deciliter so I had to specific “in liters”. This is what I four :

Doctors measure testosterone in nanomoles per litre (nmol/l) and the reported “normal” healthy range in males is anywhere from 9.2 to 31.8 nmol/L. It is about ten times lower in females, with “normal” levels considered to be between 0.3 and 2.4 nmol/L.

It’s very possible I’m missing an important detail but I’m reading this as the levels for a trans woman are still 5x that of a biological woman.
And they doesn’t even take into account the physical advantages just for being born male - bone density, skeletal structure, larger heart and lungs, muscle mass, etc. It will never be fair.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:02 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,483 times
Obviously they should have a separate category so these trans freaks can compete in sports.
Even better, they shouldn't be allowed to compete at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies