Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 10:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
When Osaka wanted press coverage for BLM, they obliged her, but now she skips out on her commitment to do press interviews, part of her tournament agreement.
Bingo

Funny how that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 10:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Once a month I have to get up in front of a huge crowd at work and give an oral report. I hate it but it’s what I agreed to when I took the job. If I don’t want to, I’m free to quit. The tournament is a business and she agreed to do the interviews in her contract. She’s free to not participate in the tournament.
Bingo

Part of the job she chose. Don’t like it, don’t play.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Because we already have enough money in that sector, and a significant portion goes to prescription drugs rather than alternative treatment attempts. Inevitably, new funding will ultimately benefit the drug companies in my opinion.
Who determines what "enough money" is ?

Im honestly curious how you come to that conclusion, because plenty of people never seen doctors or therapists, it would take Billions more for people to adequately even make your standards.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:16 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
She needs an emotional support shih tzu.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:16 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
She needs a better handler. Whoever is acting as such has failed her.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:42 AM

163 posts, read 55,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Talking to the press and generating interest in the sport is part of where that big paycheck comes from. Unfortunately for her, some of her actions over the last year make this a little hard to buy for many people.
I'd gather to say, Osaka actually playing in the tournament generates more interest in the sport than her talking about playing in the tournament.

Nobody watches a sporting event just to hear the player talk afterward. Its a nice cherry on the sundae, but that's not the main reason. You watch a sporting event to see competition. The French Open completely fumbled this and I hope their viewership takes a nosedive. Casual fans, the ones who typically only check in for the Slams and other major tourneys (which I suspect is the majority of people) want to see the big names PLAY....not sit infront of a microphone.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:21 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
I don’t think this is politically motivated at all. I truly feel that she is fighting through some tough issues, which may not only be tennis related.

I truly wish her well and that she takes as much time she needs to take care of herself.

She’s a young woman and I’d bet she’s under tons of pressure from all angles.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:24 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
When Osaka wanted press coverage for BLM, they obliged her, but now she skips out on her commitment to do press interviews, part of her tournament agreement.
Yep. These tennis players make millions and millions. If you can't do the full job that is on you. She shouldn't have gotten all into the political aspect of things and just talked tennis. She was all into that BLM scam and she probably figured out she was played. Sure she has anxiety with all the black people attacking Asians in the US. Oh wait, the media only shows two attacks by white people. lol. Ah, how the mainstream media plays us.

She created all this heat herself. She is learning a valuable lesson. Maybe just pay the fines as she goes. She can certainly afford it.

Between August 2018 and August 2019, Naomi earned $24 million between salary, endorsements and other winnings. She earned $40 million in the following year. The vast majority of her earnings come from endorsements with companies like Nike, MasterCard and Nissan.

Real Estate: In October 2019, Naomi spent $6.9 million to acquire Joe Jonas' former Beverly Hills mansion.

Ahhh, poor baby. She could already retire. I was excited about her at the beginning, but when you bring politic nonsense into a sport, I turn it off. I can get that feed myself and these spoiled brats playing sports cetainly aren't going to somehow change my mind on a topic. They are all kids to me.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:27 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
She’s a young woman and I’d bet she’s under tons of pressure from all angles.
She brought it on herself with her BLM garbage. Oh well, you wanted to be a teenage political figure, you better be able to handle the heat. Maybe she should have just played tennis and talked about tennis. Might have been a better bet.

Not to worry. She has plenty of money to retire on. Heck her home is almost $7 million. Lets all throw a pity party for her. lol. Sure.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:38 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
I'd gather to say, Osaka actually playing in the tournament generates more interest in the sport than her talking about playing in the tournament.

Nobody watches a sporting event just to hear the player talk afterward. Its a nice cherry on the sundae, but that's not the main reason. You watch a sporting event to see competition. The French Open completely fumbled this and I hope their viewership takes a nosedive. Casual fans, the ones who typically only check in for the Slams and other major tourneys (which I suspect is the majority of people) want to see the big names PLAY....not sit infront of a microphone.
The French Open have contractural obligations to their sponsoring broadcasters. The broadcasters pay for post match interviews, it is part of the product they have bought. If one of the performers doesn't want to honour their obligations, there are penalties that the know about before agreeing to perform.

This isn't complicated.

Naomi and whoever is advising her completely fumbled this and the respect she had in the tennis world as rightly taken a massive nosedive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies